First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is an awesome choice wheel. Classier thank my wheel, but I wanted easy to clean. Part of wanting 20” wheels is so I could clean the inside of the wheel. The 20” gives room enough between the caliper and wheel to do so. Keep in mind your wheel offset may be more positive therefore the center of the wheel may be more flush with the lip of the wheel. It will still look great.
I have been anxiously awaiting a 2” lowering kit. I am 70 years old and still like the looks of a vehicle that looks fast standing still. That could be why Corvettes don’t have a 5” gap between the tire and fender lip at the top.
please post pictures as soon as you get you Maverick tailored to your liking.
Don’t be offended if someone posts negative comments about it. They are the product of a failed life.
Good Luck!
Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Heres a pic of another members truck who goes by the name JJC where he went 18x8.5 with a 235-60R18 and a 2" drop. I think it looks really great, and firmed up my decision on tire and rim size and drop. The 18x8s I will use have roughly the same positive offset as stock so they should fit really well. Stock is 37.5mm offset. These are 35mm offset. Will not be really noticable.

Ford Maverick 20" Wheels (Ravetti) and 245/45/R20 Continental Tires installed IMG_5696

Ford Maverick 20" Wheels (Ravetti) and 245/45/R20 Continental Tires installed IMG_5695.JPG

Ford Maverick 20" Wheels (Ravetti) and 245/45/R20 Continental Tires installed IMG_5684.JPG

Ford Maverick 20" Wheels (Ravetti) and 245/45/R20 Continental Tires installed IMG_5689

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is an awesome choice wheel. Classier thank my wheel, but I wanted easy to clean. Part of wanting 20” wheels is so I could clean the inside of the wheel. The 20” gives room enough between the caliper and wheel to do so. Keep in mind your wheel offset may be more positive therefore the center of the wheel may be more flush with the lip of the wheel. It will still look great.
I have been anxiously awaiting a 2” lowering kit. I am 70 years old and still like the looks of a vehicle that looks fast standing still. That could be why Corvettes don’t have a 5” gap between the tire and fender lip at the top.
please post pictures as soon as you get you Maverick tailored to your liking.
Don’t be offended if someone posts negative comments about it. They are the product of a failed life.
Good Luck!
I hear you on the hard to clean part. The XLT rims and tires I plan on keeping for wintertime use as this will be a daily driver for me. I will put my nice rims on for 6 months out of the year, and store them during the winter.

I dont care about other peoples comments. Some are like why do you want to lower an AWD vehicle? Because to me it's not a 4x4. Its AWD. Skylines are AWD turbo, and a sports car. The AWD will give me an advantage over FWD and RWD when we get the usual hard packed 6" thick snow and ice on the roads in the winter. I love the hot rod look, and that means a 2" drop. Will try to keep the outer diameter of the tire close to stock because of speedometer calibration. Personally I think lifting an AWD maverick and adding big tires looks goofy and will kill the gas mileage. But if it's someone elses thing, and they like it, who am I to judge.

Years ago before my dad passed away we got a small roll around stool type thing at harbor freight for him to be able to sit polish up his rims, and the lower sides of his hobby vehicles since he had a hip replacement and could not bend certain ways anymore. Might be something for you to look into. We did a frame off restoration of a 1979 Dodge little red express. When he tired of that he sold it then he built a 1930 model A coupe. The pix of the express are some my brother found. The trophies he won with it, and the enclosed trailer that took it to it's new home in minnesota when he sold it. I'm still in touch with it's current owner.

Ford Maverick 20" Wheels (Ravetti) and 245/45/R20 Continental Tires installed Scan_0001

Ford Maverick 20" Wheels (Ravetti) and 245/45/R20 Continental Tires installed IMG_3970

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maveriac

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for sharing. Looks like the love for neat cars run in your family. Enjoy the Maverick!

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Grumpy old man.

trucks=rubber>alloy

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went ahead pulled the trigger on those Circuit Performance CP30 wheels I wanted. 18x8 with 35mm offset. They told me next month that the price was gonna go up. I figure they can sit in boxes until my truck arrives. It's a Granger deal. I dont expect it till arounf july - september since it was a december 28th order. Hopefully H&R will have a set of 2" drop springs ready for maverick by august and I can have them ready for when I get the truck home.

HPRMav

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Ford Maverick 20" Wheels (Ravetti) and 245/45/R20 Continental Tires installed 50DC09B5-982A-4813-8F32-516FABCDC59A

I am loving the black lettering on Hot Pepper Red. Prob the best (most simple) thing I did so far to the truck other than the all-weather Floor Mats I bought from Ford.

Ford Maverick 20" Wheels (Ravetti) and 245/45/R20 Continental Tires installed A2AF30FB-1CC5-46A6-B959-ED86DD2DDCD0

OP
OP
Maveriac

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went ahead pulled the trigger on those Circuit Performance CP30 wheels I wanted. 18x8 with 35mm offset. They told me next month that the price was gonna go up. I figure they can sit in boxes until my truck arrives. It's a Granger deal. I dont expect it till arounf july - september since it was a december 28th order. Hopefully H&R will have a set of 2" drop springs ready for maverick by august and I can have them ready for when I get the truck home.
You will be okay with the 35mm offset wheels; especially in the 8" width. That is not even noticeable. By the time your Maverick arrives there should be many more parts and accessories readily available to choose from. My next purchase is the lowering springs. I have yet to find specific fit splash guards that weren't way too long in my opinion. For my KIA Telluride the OE splash guards were just the right length. I guess I will wait.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You will be okay with the 35mm offset wheels; especially in the 8" width. That is not even noticeable. By the time your Maverick arrives there should be many more parts and accessories readily available to choose from. My next purchase is the lowering springs. I have yet to find specific fit splash guards that weren't way too long in my opinion. For my KIA Telluride the OE splash guards were just the right length. I guess I will wait.
I contacted H&R a few days ago. They replied and said they are working on coming up with a lowering spring kit for the AWD maverick to drop it approx 2" the 2020-2022 escape AWD kit will work, but one rear spring pocket requires rework to make the spring fit. Something about its wound direction.
Sponsored