Junk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 hybrid lariat on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up my '24 Hybrid Lariat on 3/13. In the last two weeks put on just over 400 miles with most of it on local back roads. No long hwy drive yet.

Changed the antenna to the stubby, put on a tonneau cover, some floor mats and had it ceramic coated.

So far love the drive and it's really comfortable. Avg MPG has been right around 40 but would have expected slightly better based on the roads I've been on. Glad I went the lariat and with the azure. All the electronics will take some getting used to like drive modes and sometimes android auto connecting and sometimes not. But I think all those little things are just a matter of me getting used to it.

Will go to about 1K miles then first fluid change.

Ford Maverick 2 weeks and 400 miles 20240328_101202
Sponsored

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congratulations on your new Maverick, looks great.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked up my '24 Hybrid Lariat on 3/13. In the last two weeks put on just over 400 miles with most of it on local back roads. No long hwy drive yet.

Changed the antenna to the stubby, put on a tonneau cover, some floor mats and had it ceramic coated.

So far love the drive and it's really comfortable. Avg MPG has been right around 40 but would have expected slightly better based on the roads I've been on. Glad I went the lariat and with the azure. All the electronics will take some getting used to like drive modes and sometimes android auto connecting and sometimes not. But I think all those little things are just a matter of me getting used to it.

Will go to about 1K miles then first fluid change.

20240328_101202.jpg
Me: 2024 Lariat hybrid: It took mine about 2k miles for the regen and electric motor etc. to "break in" - sounds diminished.

Use your EV coach to determine when to change oil in the ICE b/c it does not run all the time. Mine is about 40-45% electric/55% or so ICE. That means at 2k miles, my ICE ran for about 900 miles which accounts for the fantastic mpg. Use hybrid specific full synthetic oil.

Your mpg will improve. My trip mpg on the current tank of gas is plus or minus 45 mpg. Using heated seats and steering wheel lowers mpg.

The engine seems to run more smoothly using 91 octane but my mpg is the same as using 87 which is .40 cents a gallon cheaper in SoCal.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Me: 2024 Lariat hybrid: It took mine about 2k miles for the regen and electric motor etc. to "break in" - sounds diminished.

Use your EV coach to determine when to change oil in the ICE b/c it does not run all the time. Mine is about 40-45% electric/55% or so ICE. That means at 2k miles, my ICE ran for about 900 miles which accounts for the fantastic mpg. Use hybrid specific full synthetic oil.

Your mpg will improve. My trip mpg on the current tank of gas is plus or minus 45 mpg. Using heated seats and steering wheel lowers mpg.

The engine seems to run more smoothly using 91 octane but my mpg is the same as using 87 which is .40 cents a gallon cheaper in SoCal.
EV Coach screen helps learn to drive a Hybrid for highest mpg. Same for the Brake Coach. Both can be enabled in the menu settings via the steering wheel controls.

In the Hybrid, premium gas is a complete waste of money. Top Tier, however is worth using - usually at no higher cost. Most stations have it in all grades and it's labeled on the pump.

Sponsored

Meisjohn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford CMax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very close to what I picked: I went with Azure Metallic, BAP, Lariat, Hybrid. At 2500 miles in, I am so happy with my truck.

HoiToid

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Junk, looks nice; what did you do to keep the tonneau from leaking into bed at both front corners?

boxster03

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought they discontinued Area 51 for 2024 MY ??

OP
OP

Junk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Junk, looks nice; what did you do to keep the tonneau from leaking into bed at both front corners?
It's a truxedo lopro, same as I've had on other trucks. A little caulk in the groove on the siderail top, but other than that just the weatherstip. You'll always get a little drip but it's a tonneau cover that's just how they roll.

Sponsored

HoiToid

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this the groove that's circled in Yellow that you are referring to? Did you weatherstrip just the area circled in Green, or weatherstrip all the way across the top edge of bed between edges of "black" plastic trim? If so, how close to the glass of back window did you weatherstrip?
I can't seem to get my Extang SFX sealed completely at the front corners. Thanks

Ford Maverick 2 weeks and 400 miles 20240330_222557

OP
OP

Junk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, a little caulk in the yellow circle and the weatherstrip across the front. Plenty of room. There will always be some drops that get in though.

HoiToid

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks , Junk, just checking before I do something incorrectly, thanks
Sponsored