Sponsored

2 day old Maverick pointless dent repair?

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it is worth it to you to start a thread about that damn dent, then git it done. It is on your mind. PDR is cheap enough and to me always been worth the time and money. Good luck Sarge.

Those that say don't bother. Works for them, they just ain't gear heads. ;) Personally I like the things I own to look great as well as run great.
Sponsored

Last edited:

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all, I picked my my new hybrid Maverick on Thursday (love it) and of course on Friday something jumped up and hit me as and put this little ding in the passenger rear door. I heard it when it happened, sounded like a clunk. Maybe a stick or a pebble.
Thereā€™s no chipping in the paint and is about the size of a dime. Think a pointless dent repair person can get it out? I took it to a place yesterday and they gave me a quote of $188 which is fine and they assured me itā€™d be as good as new but it wasnā€™t the actual tech telling me that just the shop owner (high end detailing place in peach tree city).
I know it shouldnā€™t bother me but considering when it happened Iā€™d only owned it for about 15 hours it does. Sorry for the picture quality the paint is really reflective and itā€™s raining. Thanks for any help you can provide.

IMG_4978.jpeg
My old shop PDR guy was 65 first dent 35 each additional.

OP
OP
Retired1sg

Retired1sg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Camry SE, 2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$150 would be a good quote for that. It is an easy fix for experienced tech.
Got a second opinion from the PDR guy who was recommended to me by an acquaintance. Has a nice website and Facebook page with lots of pictures of his work. He quoted me 150 and thatā€™s with him coming to my house. So I decided to go with him and get one fixed on my wifeā€™s Camry while heā€™s here.

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick šŸ¤žMY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Paintless. Autocorrect got me.
Ok, then scratch my strong opinion about "pointless" I don't think you were teetering in the decision as much as I thought šŸ˜‰.

If you're really daring, I would bet you could gently rub that ding back out from inside yourself. I did this on my very first new car, similar situation to yours. I used the rounded end of an adjustable wrench wrapped in a towel and slow constant pressure working from the outside in. It was almost as if the metal had a memory to move back into place as I applied gentle pressure in the reverse direction.

Just food for thought. Probably could find instructions here on door panel removal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Retired1sg

Retired1sg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Camry SE, 2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had a mobile pdr guy come to my house today and in less than 20 minutes the dent is gone. Looks good as new like it never happened! 150 bucks well spent.
Sponsored