First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I couldn't agree more. I’ve been driving our FX4 around in Colorado through our recent winter storm. The handling and confidence Is incredible. I’ve found the stock Pirelli’s to be pretty good. I think the bad reviews of the tire are a bit dramatic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Akuma72387

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I couldn't agree more. I’ve been driving our FX4 around in Colorado through our recent winter storm. The handling and confidence Is incredible. I’ve found the stock Pirelli’s to be pretty good. I think the bad reviews of the tire are a bit dramatic.
The. Ig difference between the tires is the Faulken Wild peak AT3W are rated for severe snow and all the scorpions except the scorpion winter are not. I think that's the biggest difference.

OP
OP
Akuma72387

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The. Ig difference between the tires is the Faulken Wild peak AT3W are rated for severe snow and all the scorpions except the scorpion winter are not. I think that's the biggest difference.
Ford Maverick 2.0 XLT FX4 is great in the snow Screenshot_20220106-154145_Chrome

Ford Maverick 2.0 XLT FX4 is great in the snow Screenshot_20220106-154140_Chrome

Ford Maverick 2.0 XLT FX4 is great in the snow Screenshot_20220106-154132_Chrome

Ford Maverick 2.0 XLT FX4 is great in the snow Screenshot_20220106-154120_Chrome

Ford Maverick 2.0 XLT FX4 is great in the snow Screenshot_20220106-154111_Chrome

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wrote a review contrasting the FX4 Pirelli Scorpions ATR's. They're not bad. But I think most of what you're experiencing is how good the AWD system. There are even better AT's out there for sure. I do think that the Pirelli's will work for most situations with the Maverick AWD system. But I can tell you the grip is night and day when I changed sets. Especially in slushy snow and heavy rains.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You will put it to the test tomorrow! :)

Sponsored

donohfx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Incoming 2022 Shadow Black Maverick XLT/FX5/4K/Lux
But to answer your question on the tires more exactly I have the Faulken Wildpeak AT3W so if you get those Pereilli scorpions on delivery tell you dealer to swap them to either the Faulkens or another tire. From everything I have heard the scorpions are not hood even in rain so they won't help you at all in the winters
how would you tell the dealer this?
I’ve been worrying about this exact issue - having to drive back from the dealership that is an hour and a half away in a nor’easter - in my experience you get what it comes with…

OP
OP
Akuma72387

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I drove mine in the storm that shut down the highways in NH for all the ice build up and in slippery mode I never slipped the highway I was on was down to 45mph but the truck handled me driving g at 75 easily. I will say that the state lowers that speed limit alot and most of the time it is for no real reason
how would you tell the dealer this?
I’ve been worrying about this exact issue - having to drive back from the dealership that is an hour and a half away in a nor’easter - in my experience you get what it comes with…
I guess this is kinda specific when I go to buy a vehicle and are doing the "negotiation" you can usually get the dealer to throw in a better set of tires or thrown in "enter accessories" . If this is a vehicle you ordered it might not be as available but I would tell the dealer that I want to have good tires such as the wildpeaks or you favorite brand even if you have to work it jnto your financing if your using that option.

I was going to have the undercoating and spray in bed liner but my truck arrived 2 weeks earlier than expected and I needed to get my down payment much sooner and I had to drop them to keep my payment in my affordable range. I still am regretting drop then for later. It will be done as soo. As a get my taxes but that means that it is getting g subjected to a Maine winter which means I will be getting ALOT of car washes to keep the salt off.

Most dealers will work with you but don't throw the truck away over tires. I looked them up and the ones on my truck are about 200 a tire
Sponsored