First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66Mustang,86Taurus,05MINI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
20 years ago I had a little Ranger pickup. Then I had a MINI for 18 years.
8 days ago I picked up my Iconic Silver ‘23 hybrid XL. I hadn’t driven one, and I’d barely looked at one, before I ordered this one. I guess I expected a truck the size of the Ranger.
Turns out the Maverick’s big! Not as big as an F-150, of course, but big. Nice and big.
Now I’ve put 250 miles on it so I’ll give some quick comments.
I’m 76 years old. I’ve now learned that I’m old.
Bought the truck. Got a bit of a tutorial from the salesman. Got in to drive away.
Yes, the brakes are grabby at low speed
The accelerator is very responsive. Didn’t expect that.
The gear selector takes some getting used to.
I lifted the back seat to check out the storage. Nice. Then I could not lower the seat. Did this and that until I grabbed the pull tab and pulled straight up – the seat folded down easily. Hmm.
How’s the audio? Played radio, played songs off a USB stick. Audio sounds fine to me.
Switches kind of odd – press some of them sideways instead of straight down.
There’s an “X” left of cruise buttons: What’s it for?
Nothing rattles
The remote start is neat, and having the truck set the comfort level is nice!
Oh, and gas mileage? Neighborhood of 45mpg so far – 180 highway miles (65mph mostly).
I like the truck. Winter's here today, snow's on the ground. Will I still like the truck in snow?
Hope so. :)

Ford Maverick 13 months 8 days, learning curve Mav in garage2
Sponsored

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi and welcome. The X beside the cruise control cancels your current cruising speed.

The Cyber Orange Guy.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Devu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick cyber orange
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hope you like the truck, and thankfully you're on the right place, this site is full of great people willing to help and guide you on whenever you could think.

Congratulations on your new baby, enjoy it.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I await my '24 hybrid which is in production as I write this. I ordered a '23 hybrid back in Sept 2022, I was able to test drive a new '22 XL hybrid for 10 miles and really liked it. I am familiar with hybrids because my wife had a 2011 Prius. The hybrid Mav transmission felt much improved compared to her Prius. My '23 order rolled over to the aforementioned '24. The Mav pictured is a '22 EB I purchased new to tide me over and it has been a joy to drive.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I await my '24 hybrid which is in production as I write this. I ordered a '23 hybrid back in Sept 2022, I was able to test drive a new '22 XL hybrid for 10 miles and really liked it. I am familiar with hybrids because my wife had a 2011 Prius. The hybrid Mav transmission felt much improved compared to her Prius. My '23 order rolled over to the aforementioned '24. The Mav pictured is a '22 EB I purchased new to tide me over and it has been a joy to drive.
Here's hoping you get your new Mav within a month, and you like it even more than you '22EB. Winter has come here - soon I will try out slippery mode. Oh boy!

Sponsored

FLA-MAV22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Rio5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congratulations on your new Mav. Hope you enjoy it.

RobN

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The X beside the cruise control cancels your current cruising speed.
Cancel is like tapping your brakes to cancel - but without tapping your brake. I use cruise control a lot, and I'll cancel when I see a light ahead turned red and I'll have to stop - I can start slowing down without braking before I get there.

The same button you push up to set/increase the cruise speed and push down to reduce the cruse speed will resume the cancelled speed if you push "in" on it (that's "in" like pushing the button into the stalk, not "in" like pushing it toward the center of the steering wheel). While cancelled, the dash will show the set cruise speed with a line through it.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The same button you push up to set/increase the cruise speed and push down to reduce the cruse speed will resume the cancelled speed if you push "in" on it (that's "in" like pushing the button into the stalk, not "in" like pushing it toward the center of the steering wheel). While cancelled, the dash will show the set cruise speed with a line through it.
That's what I'm looking for. So "X" suspends (cancels) cruise? And Res makes it resume? I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Sponsored