First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick - Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Michael Keaton made a movie in the mid 1980s about an automobile manufacturing plant that had to assemble a boat load of cars within a short deadline. The movie was Gung Ho.

Every car scheduled was produced, but many fell short of all the equipment that constitutes a driveable vehicle… like engines, etc.

I can see Ford on this same time frame crunch. For sure the Mavericks won’t be missing engines and such, but maybe lots of missing electronic constraints. Even more waiting.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

bautek_mn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX Sport Wagon, Future Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Michael Keaton made a movie in the mid 1980s about an automobile manufacturing plant that had to assemble a boat load of cars within a short deadline. The movie was Gung Ho.

Every car scheduled was produced, but many fell short of all the equipment that constitutes a driveable vehicle… like engines, etc.

I can see Ford on this same time frame crunch. For sure the Mavericks won’t be missing engines and such, but maybe lots of missing electronic constraints. Even more waiting.
That extended Ford warranty is sounding like a better investment more each day... :p

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a reality check for all you MY23 newbies still infected with initial excitement. It's gonna be a looooong wait and a bumpy ride.

Please remain in your seat with your belt securely fastened until FoMoCo has your Maverick parked safely at the gate (dealer)!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My scheduled build week was 10/3. I did not receive email from Ford pushing it further out like 3 times before. Heard nothing Monday, Tuesday... so talked with my dealer yesterday and had him check Vehicle Visibility Report. He said it shows built and sent to body shop. No update on tracking site or email from Ford it's been built, but if it shows on VVR I'm satisfied it's true (y)

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey 23 newbies, here's an analogy for you: Ford's the road runner and you're the coyote. Get used to a lot of cliff falls, anvil hits, and splats.

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a reality check for all you MY23 newbies still infected with initial excitement. It's gonna be a looooong wait and a bumpy ride.

Please remain in your seat with your belt securely fastened until FoMoCo has your Maverick parked safely at the gate (dealer)!
Living in pa will get you ready for bumpy road. Our roads are like riding on a buckboard. Next week 16 months and counting

Sponsored

jibbersmav

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 780 Bertone, '01 Tundra, '95 FZJ80, '17 Bolt

What is this? One-eared elephant!!

jibbersmav

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 780 Bertone, '01 Tundra, '95 FZJ80, '17 Bolt

In Hjapan, zleo precelnt defeck!

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

At the gate (dealer)
It should be ur driveway.... Cuz their is alot of stories of crappy dealerships just selling ur order when it come in for more money.. solely because they can and their is no repercussions if they do... So u place the order and DEPOSIT.. and wait and wait and wait... Then u wait some more... Then hay its time.... No one more wait.. Lol.. and they just sell it to someone else and u get screwed

Driverdown13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well to all of you who place a 2023 order your wait is 10 to 14 months ”if you’re order is a 2.5 hybrid” I wasn’t going to cut corners by eliminating options that I wanted just to get it sooner so if you can wait. Do it wait
I placed my order July 9th 2021, I will be picking the truck up tomorrow morning. Oh I have all restraint items on my truck and got everything I ordered.(cactus gray, xlt, luxury package, co-360, moon roof, sibl, soft fold tonneau cover, equipment group 300A, carpeted floor mats).

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's soooo Sad . Maverick has almost been in production a year and a half still so many production problems . For all of us 22 hold overs 10 11 12 plus months and maybe 6 more unreal and Gas going up again ☹. Just think if we paid our bills the way the Maverick production line is operated They say sorry no chips or parts just have to wait !!!! ☹👎. We tell our utility companies and our landlords sorry no Money you just have to wait ( YA RIGHT ) No water No Electric No Roof over our family's head And No FOOD !!!! 🤔👎😱. I'm sorry Just makes no sense to me .🤥
Sponsored