Sponsored

Throwback Thursday...The Maverick was first formally announced exactly 2 years ago today.

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/06/08/all-new-ford-maverick.html

I remember reading this article 2 years ago and many others that day. I was busy at work the next day but then ordered one June 10th 2021.

...took 13 months to get it. But worth the wait.
Same story here. Was on the computer late at night in June '21 and got a pop up with this link. When I saw the starting $19,999 figure I thought "how in the heck can I get hurt on this deal". So, I went ahead and sprung for the XLT Hybrid package and ordered the next day - site unseen. Luckiest decision I ever made. Really enjoy driving my Mav and the 12 months wait was worth it in the end.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I waited until September before ordering but the loaded Lariat Lux was what my wife wanted at only 31k after we got 1200 off for a loyalty discount. I too had a 13 month wait. Well worth it except for the ringing in ear from the constant nagging about why it hasn’t been delivered yet question. After delivery she nagged about how long it took for about month. Now she’s in full on bragging mode to anyone who will listen 😂

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know it would be interesting to see a poll how many maverick owners did the same thing bought the truck sight unseen 🤔 Im a big guy I did not even know if I would fit in the Maverick ? It was about 7 months later before I saw my first Maverick and drove it . It was a black XLT ECO 👍😊. I fell in love with it. I drove it for about 15 miles both city and highway. Had to have one 😊👍😎. I still don't believe that when ford tested the Maverick they did not see the same thing how great the truck is and prepare for the hight demand of the Maverick ⁉🤔⁉. Maybe Ford should let real every day people like us Test and evaluate the Vehicles 👍😎🤔 Just A Thought 🤔

Mikey

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FE Maverick 1966 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered my lariat AWD EB on June 9th 2021 at 11 am. I was the first in the U.P. Of Michigan and The confirmation from Ford said I was one of the first in the country. Only read about it and saw some pictures. A couple weeks later changed it to a First Edition because I liked the Rapid Red color. took delivery on December 23rd 2021. I love this truck it has been flawless. 😃👍

Sponsored

Driverdown13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my lariat AWD EB on June 9th 2021 at 11 am. I was the first in the U.P. Of Michigan and The confirmation from Ford said I was one of the first in the country. Only read about it and saw some pictures. A couple weeks later changed it to a First Edition because I liked the Rapid Red color. took delivery on December 23rd 2021. I love this truck it has been flawless. 😃👍
Same here was on the internet looking for a new truck didn’t want a full size so was looking for a mid-size truck wasn’t happy with the options. Then a link to Fords website popped up I knew or thought Ford only produced full size trucks then the ranger showed up I said hmn so I clicked on it and what showed up “the maverick” that caught my eye only because the name, I knew Ford produced it in the past as a car. So I saw the price thought oh that’s a mistake so I continued to built a maverick with all the options I wanted and under $27,000 that was a no brainer like everyone here never drove it or sat in it but bought it anyway. Never looking back…

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I waited until September before ordering but the loaded Lariat Lux was what my wife wanted at only 31k after we got 1200 off for a loyalty discount. I too had a 13 month wait. Well worth it except for the ringing in ear from the constant nagging about why it hasn’t been delivered yet question. After delivery she nagged about how long it took for about month. Now she’s in full on bragging mode to anyone who will listen 😂
Almost identical timeline, 'cept mine was a Lariat, 400 day (daze?) gestation, defended against intermittant 'constraint removal' goading. Glad I did.

I may have come across an internet blurb, somewhere, I'm thinking early July. That fits also...

Good stuff!

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought, Wow! What a great vehicle!
A small truck, what a friggin concept. We’ve only been asking for something like this for the last 20+ years.
And not only a small truck but a hybrid at that.

But, my current ride was working out ok at that time so I didn’t order one. Little did I know that A, my current car was going to go tits up 2 years later and B, there was going to be the production and supply problems we have now.

Oh well, I managed to get a 2023 anyway. Maybe I missed some of the teething problems in the first model years.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wasn’t really looking for a new vehicle, but I’d always thought I’d like a small hybrid pickup. Then, when I saw the hybrid priced at $21,500, I got pretty excited about it. Still, it took me until August 21 to pull the trigger. Got it in 8.5 months. No problems with it so far.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I remember seeing something about the Maverick in early 2021 but didn't think to order when order banks were open back in 2021. Kicking myself for delaying getting the truck by almost a year because of that indecision. Super happy with my truck now that I have it.

Sponsored

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A work friend really wanted one. I told him to get down to the dealer and order one today. He waited a week and the order window was closed by then. After I showed up with mine he was very envious and I’m sure a few behind the back middle fingers 😂

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I initially ordered an XLT hybrid through a local dealer. When they reached out and told me it would be a year or better, I cancelled and bought a ‘22 Frontier. Wasn’t happy with the cabin space, the indecisive 9-speed, the cost, or the MPG.
When I read about the @Granger Ford deal, I re-ordered, sold the Nissan to Carvana, and bought a beater for the wait.
Marty the Mav has been great so far. At $19,180 and 0.9% locked in, it feels better all the time.

Last edited:

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Same timeline here, but because I'm excessively frugal, my first thought wasn't ordering one, but waiting a year for used models to show up, where I could snag one at some savings. Yeah....didn't exactly go that route, with used going for more than new!

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/06/08/all-new-ford-maverick.html

I remember reading this article 2 years ago and many others that day. I was busy at work the next day but then ordered one June 10th 2021.

4 doors. A 2nd trim level around 25k. Gets 40 MPG. Literally all I needed to know in order to be one of the first in the country to order one.

...took 13 months to get it. But worth the wait.
I too saw this or an equivalent article that appeared on my Android Phone news feed when I swiped to the right.

Not sure why Google thought I would be interested as they usually key off my searches but I am glad they did as I was very interested in getting a small pickup as it was 7 years before that I had to get rid of my 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab that I had for 16 years + 2 months.

At the time of 2014 there were no small trucks available as all of them got way too big with size inflation (would not fit in my garage) so I went with a 2015 Honda Fit Ex for fuel economy.

But I sure missed having a truck.

Then the article came out and I saw that I again could have a small truck again and wow a hybrid too boot.

I was a little concerned as I had never owned a hybrid before so I waited and found this forum to educate myself where I learned about the Weber University YouTube channel where any fears evaporated and I saw the benefits of hybrid vs gas. Not just the fuel economy but future maintenance and repair costs.

Up to this point I had never seen a vehicle that costs less for a hybrid than gas.

MSRP on my 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab was $20,200 and the MSRP on my 2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid was $24,620 so only a $4,420 price increase in 22 years seemed very reasonable price for the Maverick.

Placed my order on 8/23/2021 and got a scheduled build date for 11/8/2021 on 9/16/2021.

Because the hybrid was not yet released by the EPA the build date moved to the final build date of 11/29/2021.

It was built on 11/29/2021 and shipped next day.

Arrived at my dealership on 12/13/2021.

In the 1 and 1/2 years I have owned the Maverick I have loved it every time I drive it.

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here. Never saw one, so obviously never drove one, but found this club while I was deciding XLT or Lariat. Then Chapman had their 4% below invoice deal and I signed up. Then waited and waited and waited. 16 month later it came and it has been fantastic. Ordered 6/24/21, built 9/19/22, drove it home 10/24/22. Now I am waiting to see if the 23 Lariat I ordered gets built.
Sponsored