Sponsored

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
You are šŸ’Æ right on that and thatā€™s why I still have not changed to rapid red from Area 51 and to be honest I donā€™t like seeing any color on the interior B and C pillars, it just looks like a cheap design flaw. Iā€™ll wait to see the interior seats in person before I decide to do a seat recover. Those seat just look wrong with every color Iā€™ve seen. I hope Iā€™m wrong.
What are B and C pillars?
Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 63, almost 64. I've ordered Alto Blue, but really, really love this red. Wish it was general availability instead of first edition. Hubby doesn't care for black hood, moon roof or tonneau cover. He thinks roof could get hail damage (won't be garaged) and worries that tonneau will get slashed. (I work in Oak Cliff, Dallas) and work with persons with addictions, with most having probation or CPS cases). He is of the opinion someone could get mad and slash it! I've been here 3 and a half years though and no problems of any sort. I could probably just say right out that I want it though, and he would capitulate...don't know WHAT to decide!
You could get a foldable from a 3rd party after your Mav arrives.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm 63, almost 64. I've ordered Alto Blue, but really, really love this red. Wish it was general availability instead of first edition. Hubby doesn't care for black hood, moon roof or tonneau cover. He thinks roof could get hail damage (won't be garaged) and worries that tonneau will get slashed. (I work in Oak Cliff, Dallas) and work with persons with addictions, with most having probation or CPS cases). He is of the opinion someone could get mad and slash it! I've been here 3 and a half years though and no problems of any sort. I could probably just say right out that I want it though, and he would capitulate...don't know WHAT to decide!
I guess you have to decide what's more important, the color or getting those things like the black roof you don't want. I certainly wouldn't let the tonneau cover be the deciding factor, I'm not fond of the soft cover that comes with it so the first thing I'm going to do when I get the truck is replace it with an aftermarket cover. I already have someone that is interesting in buying the cover that comes with the FE.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
And hopefully that would be cheaper than getting from Ford. He Was wondering if it would be possible to take it off and then just put it back on for the little travel we do? I don't know how they attach so don't know!

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I guess you have to decide what's more important, the color or getting those things like the black roof you don't want. I certainly wouldn't let the tonneau cover be the deciding factor, I'm not fond of the soft cover that comes with it so the first thing I'm going to do when I get the truck is replace it with an aftermarket cover. I already have someone that is interesting in buying the cover that comes with the FE.

Sponsored

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I hadn't thought about selling it!

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And hopefully that would be cheaper than getting from Ford. He Was wondering if it would be possible to take it off and then just put it back on for the little travel we do? I don't know how they attach so don't know!

The one I was thinking about for your needs was aluminum, It folded down into the bed, and was also completely removable. Here is a youtube of it. Right now they do not have a part# that will fit a Maverick. Hopefully they soon will. Start price is $949 for the Ranger to give you a ball park of the price. website: https://www.peragon.com

Last edited:

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
The one I was thinking about for your needs was aluminum, It folded down into the bed, and was also completely removable. Here is a youtube of it. Right now they do not have a part# that will fit a Maverick. Hopefully they soon will. Start price is $949 for the Ranger to give you a ball park of the price. website: https://www.peragon.com

I love that!

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I love that!
I have made my decision. Lariat, Luxury in Alto Blue! Guess I'll go join the Alto Blue Club. Thanks for the help. Oh, think I'll follow the suggestion on watching new aluminum
From the factory its a $560 item. I was thinking about $300.
That's reasonable!

M.A.C.

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation
What the front and back doors hang on. When you close the doors and are sitting inside of the truck you can see the exterior color coming through to the inside.

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just picked up my Rapid Red Bronco the other day. Love this color.

If I wasnā€™t going with a XLT Maverick I would definitely consider it. It really pops in the sun.

Ford Maverick RAPID RED Maverick Photos / Club 2C246980-367C-47A9-80A5-04567B7395DF

Ford Maverick RAPID RED Maverick Photos / Club 2058AAA2-2848-46B3-A9EF-39FDEBB7CD71

Ford Maverick RAPID RED Maverick Photos / Club 162AB373-BE4F-4323-89A4-1B342BF9FE7F

Ford Maverick RAPID RED Maverick Photos / Club F718A21F-C0BE-4121-93A1-6DF52D493A7C

Tourguide

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just picked up my Rapid Red Bronco the other day. Love this color.

If I wasnā€™t going with a XLT Maverick I would definitely consider it. It really pops in the sun.

2C246980-367C-47A9-80A5-04567B7395DF.jpeg

2058AAA2-2848-46B3-A9EF-39FDEBB7CD71.jpeg

162AB373-BE4F-4323-89A4-1B342BF9FE7F.jpeg

F718A21F-C0BE-4121-93A1-6DF52D493A7C.jpeg
Because of the delay with the Rapid Red, it crossed my mind to make a color change, but after seeing these photos, there's no way. Thanks for the update ā˜ŗā˜ŗā˜ŗā˜ŗ. Will wait until šŸŽ¶ the twelveth of never šŸŽ¶ (old song)

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because of the delay with the Rapid Red, it crossed my mind to make a color change, but after seeing these photos, there's no way. Thanks for the update ā˜ŗā˜ŗā˜ŗā˜ŗ. Will wait until šŸŽ¶ the twelveth of never šŸŽ¶ (old song)
...until the twelfth of never, and that's a loonnng, loonnng, time...

I use to love that song - Johnny Mathis
Sponsored