Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking forward to your build.
Lol, its not me in the video! I just post his videos because for some reason he doesn’t and he is a member here as well:

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This a MTC member, not me!
Been looking forward to his custom built camping solution with the Maverick limits.
This is awesome

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not bad at all!

I have something similar planned for my Tremor.

I just purchased a Bluetti EB70S (https://www.bluettipower.com/produc...ower-station-best-solar-generator-for-camping).

Understood the video is building at a price point but I felt the battery pack is the heart and soul of the whole operation and I didn't want to skimp there. The Bluetti EB70S is a LiFePo4 that will still hold 80% charge after 2,500 cycles.

I bought a Rockpals 100W solar panel, but honestly I like the one he has in the video even though they are all relatively similar. Might give this one a look and comparo.

I do have the SIBL ordered but I'd like to add a bed rug, and will be adding a roll away tonneau cover.

I haven't selected the bed towers yet but something like Yakima Overhauls or Outpost HD. I have seen a few MTC members with exactly what I'm looking for and still have a tonneau cover so I will get their takes when the Tremor arrives.

I plan to have the towers sit just below the roof line - on one side an Inno BRM320 or some low profile locking cargo box (recommendations welcome!) On the other side will be either a narrow rack OR I plan to mount a 100w solar panel on it that will charge the battery while I travel.

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He basically ran the power off the battery charger that already got 80 percent juice in it. I wonder how fast can that solar panel charge the power station from 0 to 100. Most solar panels are much bigger than that thing and still charge rather slow in cloudy weather.

OP
OP
TedTX

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sort of surprised he is going this route. I like the inverter on the hybrid idea he had. About 400wh available between recharges with ICE running every so often. I did an overnight camping for new years eve and just left it in ready mode. Only ran ICE 2-3 times per hour and enjoyed heat and watching 12v TV. Had a fully charged 12v battery by morning.

Topfun

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He basically ran the power off the battery charger that already got 80 percent juice in it. I wonder how fast can that solar panel charge the power station from 0 to 100. Most solar panels are much bigger than that thing and still charge rather slow in cloudy weather.
100w wont be enough to do much other than some very basic stuff without using more than you can replace. using the trucks inverter and using a solar trickle charger might be a better move as you could use the motor when the sun isnt enough.

Irvinec32

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sort of surprised he is going this route. I like the inverter on the hybrid idea he had. About 400wh available between recharges with ICE running every so often. I did an overnight camping for new years eve and just left it in ready mode. Only ran ICE 2-3 times per hour and enjoyed heat and watching 12v TV. Had a fully charged 12v battery by morning.
Thanks for the post. Yes, I need to post here more.
I haven't abandoned the inverter/hybrid setup. I like tinkering with different setups. Will post my progress here from now on! Haha

Sponsored
OP
OP
TedTX

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome to your video thread.. lol about time. Care to share your camping ‘box’ idea?