shadowthrone

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You were looking at an apple, gave up and bought an orange. cool I guess. We here wanted apples and got or are getting apples. Also cool.
A Tesla is car made by a technology company, it is not a truck, it costs a ton more and is more of a performance crossover with shitty paint and terrible controls design. Goes really fast though. If I wanted one or cared I would be on a Tesla forum instead of this one.
Good luck and good bye!

72Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, I've decided to buy a dealership and now I can drive a different car or truck everyday! Seriously though, we've been living in an era where owning multiple vehicles makes a lot of sense. Having a big vehicle to tow, haul, carry people, and for long trips is hard to replace. Also having a very efficient hybrid or EV for commuting to work and local driving is perfect for that job. I've been driving a Chevy Volt. Best car I've ever owned, 180 lifetime mpg is going to be hard to give up but it's time to upgrade to something newer. Maverick hybrid is going to feel like a gas guzzler in comparison. Saving money at the pump is nice, but being able to go a couple of months between fill ups was liberating. Cold, rainy, feeling lazy, in a hurry? No problem just stop next week and top if off. The point is EVs, hybrids and ICE vehicles all serve different purposes. So if someone is able to afford the right tool for the job, why not?

Last edited:

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You were looking at an apple, gave up and bought an orange. cool I guess. We here wanted apples and got or are getting apples. Also cool.
A Tesla is car made by a technology company, it is not a truck, it costs a ton more and is more of a performance crossover with shitty paint and terrible controls design. Goes really fast though. If I wanted one or cared I would be on a Tesla forum instead of this one.
Good luck and good bye!
Based on your, uh, posting history (7) you've made an indelible mark on these forums with your demeaning and condescending tone.

Sponsored

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is not a $$ thing with people who buy Teslas. If they can afford them, then more power to them. Don't all of us Maverick owners know by now, it is a "Saving the Planet" thing, but not sure what will happen down the road. Read this morning where Climate Change crowd is now trying to stop mining - where materials come from that GO INTO THE BATTERIES OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES. When that happens, guess we will be back to bicycles, but then that will be stopped because we are breathing too much from such exercise we are emitting carbon dioxide or something. Enjoy your Tesla, Texas needs the employment.
I always forget ICEs don’t use materials, and haven’t had a century to get their supply chains to where they are today.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

With the recent price drop, I went ahead and ordered a Tesla Model Y Performance. I know, not the same vehicle or price. I already have a truck so the Maverick was just an extra vehicle for gas saving.
I never thought much of Tesla ...... Until I drove one. Holy crap amazing vehicle. I almost bought one but ended up getting wife a Lexus. Not really a comparison to the Maverick but you'll enjoy it. The Ford process to buy is pretty frustrating - possibly Jim Farley should tweet Elon for some tips lol.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It is not a $$ thing with people who buy Teslas. If they can afford them, then more power to them. Don't all of us Maverick owners know by now, it is a "Saving the Planet" thing, but not sure what will happen down the road. Read this morning where Climate Change crowd is now trying to stop mining - where materials come from that GO INTO THE BATTERIES OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES. When that happens, guess we will be back to bicycles, but then that will be stopped because we are breathing too much from such exercise we are emitting carbon dioxide or something. Enjoy your Tesla, Texas needs the employment.
The private jet crowd wants us to eat incects and walk hahaha

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should have titled your post:

"Sorry, I started an irrelevant Tesla thread on MTC"
If only there was a section for non-Maverick discussion in this site, maybe then it would belong… 😉

Sponsored

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because it is tiring seeing thread after thread about people complaining about how long it’s taking or threads like this where they announce their departure
I clicked because I was expecting to see the OP’s new Tesla, I love Teslas…. I’ve rented them in the past and was about to buy one until we decided a new house was a better choice
Was surprised they just ordered one (hopefully the waitlists are shorter as reported)
I pass over tons of threads that don’t interest me
I chose to respond in this one to encompass my thoughts of multiple thread posts a week

Feel free to block me if you don’t want to read my comments
I’ve not said anything offensive as far as I know
There is an ignore section in the different topics too. So you can ignore non Maverick discussion, and not see this instead of wasting your time complaining about seeing them. Id probably ignore Maverick against the competition too, while you’re at it.

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
dang - $56,990! That's almost $30,000 more than my XLT AWD with 4K and lux package. And Fx4!
Sounds like a rollover order? Today that’s a $31.5k build, where Model Y Long Range (which most order if they qualify for the rebate) is $53k or around $46k after the tax incentive. $15k is still a heck of a lot more for a car, but ya know half of your $30k estimate.

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck and good bye!
I like the idea of a Maverick, especially at its 2022 pricing, but saying another car has shitty paint is a pot calling the kettle black.

Huchipapa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Trooper; '04 9-3; '13 Outback; '24 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the recent price drop, I went ahead and ordered a Tesla Model Y Performance. I know, not the same vehicle or price. I already have a truck so the Maverick was just an extra vehicle for gas saving. The Tesla will deliver in about 1 month, I have no idea when the Maverick will be here.... I will check out the Maverick when it delivers, if it ever does... Mostly for the wife but with an EV, Bronco and a truck I don't see much need for the Maverick anymore.
Apples and oranges, but congrats on the new ride. At least your delivery is in sight!

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems people are way to touchy. This post was done by a member from December 2021 and was posted in

If you don't like people changing their mind for any reason they want, don't read topics under this heading about cars "non-maverick".

I like my XLT hybrid after 1 year owning it and I liked my 2016 Volt I sold to buy the Maverick. If I could budget to replace my 2016 Prius with a Tesla I would.

Drive what you want if you can. Do it before you die because we all get to the End of the road someday. If you are old like me I'm sure the Maverick won't be your last vehicle.
Sponsored