First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I looked at buying a "Y" since the price drop...but with a 2022 bronco 2 door, and a hybrid mav along with an EB mav...I just couldn't come up with enough saving to justify the Y. The hybrid has averaged 40.8 mpg since I have owned it, almost 23k miles. Although the Y is more efficient, with KW being roughly .25 at charging stations...it was pretty much a wash. Living in SE Michigan, the range drop in the winter is roughly 25 percent. I also have an F150 lightning reserved...within the first few hours...but like everyone knows...ford has been pulling my pud on placing an actual order. Wanted to go with the pro at 40k, now it is 56k and not even available. They want you to take the lariat plunge at 75k. Can't do it for 200 miles.

Ford Maverick Sorry, I ordered a Tesla.... 20220916_172806
Ford Maverick Sorry, I ordered a Tesla.... Screenshot_20221207-091256_Facebook
Ford Maverick Sorry, I ordered a Tesla.... 20221213_122654
Ford Maverick Sorry, I ordered a Tesla.... 20221114_104006

Last edited:
OP
OP
TripleB

TripleB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But a half hour charge every 200~ miles. 😐
A factor to think about for sure. A gas backup is good to have. That is the advantage of a hybrid, 2 in 1.

OP
OP
TripleB

TripleB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I looked at buying a "Y" since the price drop...but with a 2022 bronco 2 door, and a hybrid mav along with an EB mav...I just couldn't come up with enough saving to justify the Y. The hybrid has averaged 40.8 mpg since I have owned it, almost 23k miles. Although the Y is more efficient, with KW being roughly .25 at charging stations...it was pretty much a wash. Living in SE Michigan, the range drop in the winter is roughly 25 percent. I also have an F150 lightning reserved...within the first few hours...but like everyone knows...ford has been pulling my pud on placing an actual order. Wanted to go with the pro at 40k, now it is 56k and not even available. They want you to take the lariat plunge at 75k. Can't do it for 200 miles.
All good points. EV is not for everyone. ROE on an EV is not there yet but getting close. Fuels do go up/down in price so you never know. The real benefit is fueling at home, diversifying your transportation fuel, little to no maintenance, less dealer dealings and driver experience.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saving $ on gas is not a factor. Not using gas, few moving parts, ease/little to no maintenance and driving experience is.
OK, fair enough. So why would you be looking at a Maverick in the first place? :unsure:

Sponsored

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All good points. EV is not for everyone. ROE on an EV is not there yet but getting close. Fuels do go up/down in price so you never know. The real benefit is fueling at home, diversifying your transportation fuel, little to no maintenance, less dealer dealings and driver experience.
I have owned (2) EVs.... I love the concept, the charging at home, the efficiency...granted, they were both early models, the 2012 ford focus ELECTRIC (Yes ford made an all electric focus), and a Mitsubishi I-meav...aka the jellybean. They both had ranges of less than 100 miles, but in the city, where I did ALL my driving in them, they were very efficient. My electric went up 15/month and I drove 1,000 miles a month roughly. Maintenance FREE is a huge bonus to EVs which people do not know about.

Ford Maverick Sorry, I ordered a Tesla.... Screenshot_20230118-093851_Facebook

Last edited:

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is not a $$ thing with people who buy Teslas. If they can afford them, then more power to them. Don't all of us Maverick owners know by now, it is a "Saving the Planet" thing, but not sure what will happen down the road. Read this morning where Climate Change crowd is now trying to stop mining - where materials come from that GO INTO THE BATTERIES OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES. When that happens, guess we will be back to bicycles, but then that will be stopped because we are breathing too much from such exercise we are emitting carbon dioxide or something. Enjoy your Tesla, Texas needs the employment.

Puckitup27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Lux, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I couldn't imagine adding hours to every road trip by having to charge my car every 200 miles then having to worry about finding a charging station when you're in the middle of the country or mountains/woods. You'd have to pay me to get an electric car lol

OP
OP
TripleB

TripleB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, fair enough. So why would you be looking at a Maverick in the first place? :unsure:
The hype, possible fleet vehicle (but I don't think my guys would drive it and I bought 2 sierras since), possible future vehicle for my 14 yo but to nice lol, check it out....

I love my Bronco which was a factor for pro Ford.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

20220916_172806.jpg
Screenshot_20221207-091256_Facebook.jpg
20221213_122654.jpg
20221114_104006.jpg
Love that Bronco 2-door. If they deliver the promised BEV version, I'll all over it at any cost. My dream car.

Sponsored

woozoo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Woo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love the fuel argument.

go bust out a calculator and let me know how long it’ll take to recoup the 30k difference.

let me know when they finally refresh a model.
Not only that, his insurance will most likely negate any fuel savings. Then add in higher rate of depreciation. When the new model comes out or when Hertz dumps their rentals fleets... used Tesla will be dime a dozen.

OP
OP
TripleB

TripleB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is not a $$ thing with people who buy Teslas. If they can afford them, then more power to them. Don't all of us Maverick owners know by now, it is a "Saving the Planet" thing, but not sure what will happen down the road. Read this morning where Climate Change crowd is now trying to stop mining - where materials come from that GO INTO THE BATTERIES OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES. When that happens, guess we will be back to bicycles, but then that will be stopped because we are breathing too much from such exercise we are emitting carbon dioxide or something. Enjoy your Tesla, Texas needs the employment.
I never said anything about "saving the plant". To your point, batteries have its own environment issues (mining, disposal, etc.). The science cuts both ways. There's always a cost to energy.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With the recent price drop, I went ahead and ordered a Tesla Model Y Performance. I know, not the same vehicle or price. I already have a truck so the Maverick was just an extra vehicle for gas saving. The Tesla will deliver in about 1 month, I have no idea when the Maverick will be here.... I will check out the Maverick when it delivers, if it ever does... Mostly for the wife but with an EV, Bronco and a truck I don't see much need for the Maverick anymore.
Because giving other posters a hard time about their Kias and Hyundais - I would be a total fan boy if I didn't rib you for ordering a compact/mid-size SUV that cost 1.5-2x the amount of the Maverick and doesn't give you half the functionality!!!!!

Ok - now that's over with.

When my Bronco hit dirt mountain last year I drank a 6pk and ordered the Model 3 Long Range you see in my user picture. My Bronco arrived 45 days before the Model 3 did and it was a glorious 45 days and then I parted with the Bronco amid $5+ gas prices for a 5 figure profit.

You're going to enjoy the Tesla a lot man. I wish I had ordered a Model Y (although not now given the price drop for them - my Model 3 LR is a unicorn - currently not for sale and won't be until the redesign comes out so it's unaffected at the moment).

EDIT: @bearsfan647 - here is your real world calculator - but I did not purchase it for saving the planet or to offset my purchase price in gas savings. My Bronco profit plus the M3LR going up $7,500 from time of order to purchase made it quite affordable for me.

I installed my own Wall Connector. At home I pay $0.16 per kwh. Temps above 60 I average between 190-220wh/mile or 4.5-5 miles per kwh. Temps 40-60 it's about 250 wh/mi and temps below 40 its 300-350 wh/mi.

Above 60 degrees = 99 eMPG @ $3.00/gal
40-60 degrees = 75eMPG @ $3.00/gal
Below 40 degrees = <55eMPG @ $3.00/gal

Supercharger costs in the Midwest/SE are $0.425 per kwh or 2.5x more expensive than home charging. So divide those eMPG figures by 2.5 for SC efficiency:

Above 60 = 39.5 eMPG
40 - 60 = 30 eMPG
Below 40 = 22 eMPG

Have had my Model 3 since June - it has 8,500 miles and I've had it in (Ohio), Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, PA, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia, and North Carolina.

Never had an issue finding and using an SC.

Ride is incredible harsh. You're going to hear a lot of rattles - more than the Bronco.

Overall - would recommend again. 8.5/10

Last edited:

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not only that, his insurance will most likely negate any fuel savings. Then add in higher rate of depreciation. When the new model comes out or when Hertz dumps their rentals fleets... used Tesla will be dime a dozen.
Sure screw almost a decades worth of used car data that would totally refute Mr. Woozoo's emotional claim that used Teslas depreciate when in fact the total opposite is true.

The insurance on my model 3 is less than it was on my Bronco by $109.

Also - Tesla slashed the prices of their new cars and guess what happened to CarMax's Tesla inventory? It more than halved in less than 24 hours....(pssssst - Tesla only dropped the Model Y and 3 prices to qualify for the federal tax break).

https://insideevs.com/news/631542/carmax-sold-57-percent-tesla-inventory-24-hours/

You were saying?

RobCannaday

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With the recent price drop, I went ahead and ordered a Tesla Model Y Performance. I know, not the same vehicle or price. I already have a truck so the Maverick was just an extra vehicle for gas saving. The Tesla will deliver in about 1 month, I have no idea when the Maverick will be here.... I will check out the Maverick when it delivers, if it ever does... Mostly for the wife but with an EV, Bronco and a truck I don't see much need for the Maverick anymore.
we forgive you
Sponsored