First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went to Carvana. They had at least a dozen 2022 Mavericks. Sky high prices.
What is going on.
Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Went to Carvana. They had at least a dozen 2022 Mavericks. Sky high prices.
What is going on.
Thatā€™s their business model. They have had ā€œUSEDā€ Mavericks since about the 1st week of delivery. I call them used because they bought from original Maverick buyer who ordered them, had them delivered and flipped them. I donā€™t expect Carvana to survive much longer, they were paying very high prices for all types of used vehicles expecting that they could resell them at even higher pricesā€¦ itā€™s not working out for them. Used car prices are slowly buy surely dropping.

OP
OP

1Mtmary

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thatā€™s their business model. They have had ā€œUSEDā€ Mavericks since about the 1st week of delivery. I call them used because they bought from original Maverick buyer who ordered them, had them delivered and flipped them. I donā€™t expect Carvana to survive much longer, they were paying very high prices for all types of used vehicles expecting that they could resell them at even higher pricesā€¦ itā€™s not working out for them. Used car prices are slowly buy surely dropping.
If I ever get mine, I am keeping it.

dibrowz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV, Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apparently Carvana is selling Mavericks, rapidly in fact. I have been getting notices of any and all Mavericks available (nationwide search) from Carvana for a few months. I save all the hybrid inventory they have under "my favorites" . "Available" hybrid Mavericks inevitably become "sale pending" and then "unavailable" within one to three days of the truck first appearance on the website (unless there is a delay due to the recent fire issue recall). Carvana emails me if there is ever a price change on any Maverick (hybrid or Ecoboost) that I have viewed whether I have saved it as a "favorite" or not. Never have I received a single notice about a hybrid's prices being lowered, Ecoboost are sometimes discounted. Of course I don't have data on the final sales price reached between Carvana and the actual buyer, but since they sell within one to three days, I doubt Carvana budges much from their asking prices of $37,990 to $39,990 for XL hybrids

Linda B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux!!!, E450 Lazy Daze Motorhome
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Carvana makes a lot of their money on financing

Sponsored

G19Tony

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, 1994 Ford F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I pick up my XLT from Carvana on Thursday. It was $37K. The window sticker showed the MSRP at 26K. I got $19.7 for my 2020 Escape that I paid $22 for and own. Yea, Carvana marked it up. But the dealers do too. I saw an ad from my local FD for a 22 Maverick Lariat for $32. I hauled butt down there, and I see the sticker on the window of the same vehicle for $42. I ask the salesman, and he said that MSRP was $32. The dealer marked it up.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I pick up my XLT from Carvana on Thursday. It was $37K. The window sticker showed the MSRP at 26K. I got $19.7 for my 2020 Escape that I paid $22 for and own. Yea, Carvana marked it up. But the dealers do too. I saw an ad from my local FD for a 22 Maverick Lariat for $32. I hauled butt down there, and I see the sticker on the window of the same vehicle for $42. I ask the salesman, and he said that MSRP was $32. The dealer marked it up.
You're paying an $11,000 markup over the new price for a used Maverick? Order banks open next month. You have a 2020 model year vehicle so you can't tell me you can't wait 6 months or so to get one at MSRP.

I guess I knew you guys were out there, I just didn't expect to find you here.

G19Tony

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It only has 1200 miles on it. So I don't feel too bad. I'm still going to order one. It will be a long wait. I only had to finance 21, so I don't feel bad about that either. I'll pay it off in six months and not worry about it. Thanks for your opinion. :rolleyes:

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, that is one hefty markup. To each their own, enjoy your ride. In all fairness, there are scads of various used vehicles out there with lots of milage and much old where the asking prices are just as inflated, Case in point, local dealer here is asking $17,600 for an 05 Taco SR5 with 115K on the clock.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It only has 1200 miles on it. So I don't feel too bad. I'm still going to order one. It will be a long wait. I only had to finance 21, so I don't feel bad about that either. I'll pay it off in six months and not worry about it. Thanks for your opinion. :rolleyes:
How are you financing $21,000 if you've paid $19,700 down on a $37,000 truck? Anyway, the fact you are like "it's only $21k" - ignoring the equity you are losing to get to $21k - tells me what I need to know about the money v. sense balance with you.

But yes, enjoy your Maverick. I suppose I should be happy that people like you exist since they are the reason I sold a $22.5k FWD XL EB back in May for $34.5k - to a dealer, no less.

Sponsored

G19Tony

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, that is one hefty markup. To each their own, enjoy your ride. In all fairness, there are scads of various used vehicles out there with lots of milage and much old where the asking prices are just as inflated, Case in point, local dealer here is asking $17,600 for an 05 Taco SR5 with 115K on the clock.
I guess that's what I was alluding to. Even the Ford dealers are going crazy with the markups. If you want one, you have to pay the man. If I would have had to finance the whole $37, I most definitely would not have done it.

G19Tony

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How are you financing $21,000 if you've paid $19,700 down on a $37,000 truck? Anyway, the fact you are like "it's only $21k" - ignoring the equity you are losing to get to $21k - tells me what I need to know about the money v. sense balance with you.

But yes, enjoy your Maverick. I suppose I should be happy that people like you exist since they are the reason I sold a $22.5k FWD XL EB back in May for $34.5k - to a dealer, no less.
I will enjoy it. Thanks.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess that's what I was alluding to. Even the Ford dealers are going crazy with the markups. If you want one, you have to pay the man. If I would have had to finance the whole $37, I most definitely would not have done it.
Couple of months ago I spent an afternoon used truck shopping. Just looking. What I found besides the aforementioned Taco was a 2013 Nissan Frontier with 65K for 22K, a 2017 Honda Ridgeline wth 52K for 32K. The best deal if you want to call it that was an off lease 2019 Ranger 4x4 Lariat with Tech Package with 34K on the clock for 35K.

Good that you could put that money down as having to pay interest on top of that markup is a double edged sword. Cheers.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will enjoy it. Thanks.
as long as you enjoy it, thatā€™s the point. Even when the banks open, you still wouldā€™ve had to wait forever. Who knows, maybe it will still hold its value
Sponsored