Sponsored

My XL Side Mirror Upgrade (Spotter Glass)

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thought all trims came with either the Spotter Glass or the BLIS, but turns out my XL w/o CoPilot 360 came with plain glass. Purchased the OEM mirrors for an XLT w/o CoPilot 360 and installed them today with no issues. The back of them had different hardware (2 arms vs 1 arm, plastic vs. metal, etc. - perhaps having to do with the power vs manual adjustment), but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

It's a bit tricky to get the old glass off... I reached behind with an angled pick and was able to pull back on one of the retaining clips enough to yank the mirrors off without breaking anything (well, until I dropped one of them on the floor and shattered the glass :) ). Part numbers and photos below.

For me this was well worth the ~$100 in Ford Points I spent.

NZ6Z17K707B
NZ6Z17K707E

Ford Maverick My XL Side Mirror Upgrade (Spotter Glass) IMG_5413

Ford Maverick My XL Side Mirror Upgrade (Spotter Glass) IMG_5417

Ford Maverick My XL Side Mirror Upgrade (Spotter Glass) IMG_5418

Ford Maverick My XL Side Mirror Upgrade (Spotter Glass) IMG_5717
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mxer97

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mav xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thought all trims came with either the Spotter Glass or the BLIS, but turns out my XL w/o CoPilot 360 came with plain glass. Purchased the OEM mirrors for an XLT w/o CoPilot 360 and installed them today with no issues. The back of them had different hardware (2 arms vs 1 arm, plastic vs. metal, etc. - perhaps having to do with the power vs manual adjustment), but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

It's a bit tricky to get the old glass off... I reached behind with an angled pick and was able to pull back on one of the retaining clips enough to yank the mirrors off without breaking anything (well, until I dropped one of them on the floor and shattered the glass :) ). Part numbers and photos below.

NZ6Z17K707B
NZ6Z17K707E

IMG_5413.jpeg

IMG_5417.jpeg

IMG_5418.jpeg

IMG_5717.jpeg
Welp….. I know what I’m about to buy

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

NZ6Z17K707B
NZ6Z17K707E

IMG_5413.jpeg

IMG_5417.jpeg

IMG_5418.jpeg

IMG_5717.jpeg
Curious if you think the spotters reduce overall usefulness of the mirrors. I ask because on my XL the glass seems smallish to begin with and it doesn't seem like the spotters are large enough themselves to be very useful.

I like the thoughtfulness of the mod though! đź‘Ť

davnau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

NZ6Z17K707B
NZ6Z17K707E

IMG_5413.jpeg

IMG_5417.jpeg

IMG_5418.jpeg

IMG_5717.jpeg
I was going to add little stick-on mirrors from an auto parts store, but I've found in actual practice that just a quick look over my shoulder works fine. Having rear doors with big glass windows does the trick, so I find I won't need to even get those little stick-on mirrors. I find the stock mirrors are huge, bigger than any other vehicle I've ever owned. (Now up to 38 total). First truck, however.

Sponsored

Cutta

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I find those blind spot mirrors on the XLT not too helpful. Not sure if it’s the placement or angle of them, but I think the stick on ones would be better.

OP
OP

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why did you want the little mirrors? I can't stand them.
Oh we should have traded then! ;)

I find the b pillar creates a pretty significant blind spot and the little spotter mirror does an excellent job at eliminating it.

OP
OP

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was going to add little stick-on mirrors from an auto parts store, but I've found in actual practice that just a quick look over my shoulder works fine. Having rear doors with big glass windows does the trick, so I find I won't need to even get those little stick-on mirrors. I find the stock mirrors are huge, bigger than any other vehicle I've ever owned. (Now up to 38 total). First truck, however.
Must have to do with seat position, because a quick look over my shoulder puts me looking square at the b pillar. Coming from a Subaru Forester I find the overall visibility to be much lower (but still better than I thought so I’m not complaining, especially now with the spotter mirror).

davnau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Must have to do with seat position, because a quick look over my shoulder puts me looking square at the b pillar. Coming from a Subaru Forester I find the overall visibility to be much lower (but still better than I thought so I’m not complaining, especially now with the spotter mirror).
I've found the Maverick to be as good as the boxy 1964 Chevy Impala 4-door sedan I learned to drive on. Also, compared to my three convertibles, the Maverick is like a bubble car as far as visibility goes. I guess it's all relative.

OP
OP

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious if you think the spotters reduce overall usefulness of the mirrors. I ask because on my XL the glass seems smallish to begin with and it doesn't seem like the spotters are large enough themselves to be very useful.

I like the thoughtfulness of the mod though! đź‘Ť
Not at all - the loss of that corner doesn’t impact the normal usefulness of the mirror. I had the same exact thought as you about the XL mirrors and was surprised to learn that the XLT mirrors with spotter glass were the same size. I wish the mirrors were bigger overall (I tow fairly regularly), but I’m content with them now.

Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

NZ6Z17K707B
NZ6Z17K707E

IMG_5413.jpeg

IMG_5417.jpeg

IMG_5418.jpeg

IMG_5717.jpeg
Nice work! I love the spotter glass. I have the same set up as you do now. Xlt no copilot. Its great.

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick; shadow 750
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

NZ6Z17K707B
NZ6Z17K707E

IMG_5413.jpeg

IMG_5417.jpeg

IMG_5418.jpeg

IMG_5717.jpeg
Where did you order your mirrors from? I just lost my mirror lens today and cannot find replacements for it anywhere. And this little spotter would work good with trailer use

OP
OP

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where did you order your mirrors from? I just lost my mirror lens today and cannot find replacements for it anywhere. And this little spotter would work good with trailer use
I had them shipped from Fairway Ford so I could use my FordPass points. Any parts department should be able to order them for you. You tried using the part number(s) in my first post? Could be they are out of stock / backordered now.

Dano

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

NZ6Z17K707B
NZ6Z17K707E

IMG_5413.jpeg

IMG_5417.jpeg

IMG_5418.jpeg

IMG_5717.jpeg
What's the difficulty level with the install of the spotter lens/mirror? Any other tips/parts needed? Tks !

Last edited:

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait a darn second Is this a 2022 XL or a 2023. I thought if no copilot you got those little mirrors. I asked this question a while back and was told they all have the little mirrors. Spotter if that is what its called.
Sponsored