First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an XLT hybrid on order and when delivered would like to avoid drilling holes for the front license plate. I sent an email to Sly brackets asking about fitment on the Maverick. Below is the response I received. It is my understanding that it does have active grille shutters, but I do not know the measurements. Can anyone here help me out and/or have one of these brackets? Thanks.

BRACKET: https://www.slybrackets.com/store/SLY-BRACKET-FOR-FORD-WITH-HORIZONTAL-SLAT-LOWER-GRILLE-p296165076

VERY IMPORTANT: Are there ACTIVE GRILLE
SHUTTERS between the LOWER GRILLE
and Radiator? (see TIPS and FAQ's on how
to check)
NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT. (This means you
physically checked behind the LOWER
GRILLE and your vehicle does NOT have
the SHUTTERS)
• YES. I MIGHT NEED A CUSTOM MOUNT.
(No extra charge. See TIPS and FAQ's on
how to measure)
If YES, enter measurements here (Measure
from front edge of mounting slat to front
edge of open active grille shutters)
A: 6" B: 3.5" C: 11/4"
Sponsored

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an XLT hybrid on order and when delivered would like to avoid drilling holes for the front license plate. I sent an email to Sly brackets asking about fitment on the Maverick. Below is the response I received. It is my understanding that it does have active grille shutters, but I do not know the measurements. Can anyone here help me out and/or have one of these brackets? Thanks.

BRACKET: https://www.slybrackets.com/store/SLY-BRACKET-FOR-FORD-WITH-HORIZONTAL-SLAT-LOWER-GRILLE-p296165076

to check)
the SHUTTERS)
how to measure)
Take a look at this DYI option for your front license plate,
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...n-front-license-plate-holder.7315/post-306992

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In NJ about half the Teslas I see don't even put the front plates on. Guess they are entitled. MY sons a cop and he says they are not worth the headache to ticket them He says others with high end cars do it too. I don't consider a Model3 a high end car. Just an expensive one.

Sponsored

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for the suggestion. I saw that one mentioned in the suggestions for front plate mount bracket thread as well and will definitely take a look at this option
i have this and it works great, no shutter inteference, it comes close so i trimmed the bolts with a dremel just in case.

OP
OP

ob1ob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i have this and it works great, no shutter inteference, it comes close so i trimmed the bolts with a dremel just in case.
That’s good to know. I will order this one since I don’t have to worry about the shutters. I see a review on their website with an attached photo. Is it possible to mount the plate in the center or is it necessary to mount to the side? Not a big deal, just curious, Thanks again

Ford Maverick Sly license plate bracket- active grille shutters 0475F22B-7FDB-410F-AFFF-5F205222A53C

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s good to know. I will order this one since I don’t have to worry about the shutters. I see a review on their website with an attached photo. Is it possible to mount the plate in the center or is it necessary to mount to the side? Not a big deal, just curious, Thanks again

0475F22B-7FDB-410F-AFFF-5F205222A53C.jpeg
you can mount it in the center, it uses the vertical pieces of the plastic grill to attach.

Alfotsch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander Hybrid, Subaru XV Crosstrek

to check)
the SHUTTERS)
how to measure)
Did you end up ordering or installing this?

Are the dimensions posted at the bottom the corner dims? (A: 6" B: 3.5" C: 11/4")
Sponsored