Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi,

I have confirmed that there will be a Maverick that I can see hands on Monday August 9th. I don’t know the trim level. Any items y’all want confirmed in general? Ready to see one in person!

Overall Impressions:

Loved it! Much bigger in person.

The interior was very nice too. Yes plastic but very nice plastic.

I am 5'10" and there was more than enough room in the front and backseat.

The 8" screen with the weird cutout looks just fine not ugly. The cut out of the side is small, will not fit sunglasses! I would guess it's 4.5" deep. There is an area above/behind the screen that will fit sunglasses.

The door pulls on the inside are actually placed perfectly and will be very natural for most people when closing. The door panel is all plastic with the exception of the far end of the arm rest which is padded(photo below to show padded area). Loved that it's padded!

Everything orange(expect the stitching) can come out. The orange areas under the dash are just molded inserts.

Seats were very comfortable. I've never owned cloth but I'm sticking with XLT.

Rear window is very small but it is tinted too(there was a question about that). Slides to the passenger side. I could not reach it to open when I was in the front seat.

Ford Maverick Impressions and Answers From Dealer Training Today [Maverick XLT FX4] Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 3.58.57 PM

The training model was this Alto Blue Maverick XLT FX4.

Ford Maverick Impressions and Answers From Dealer Training Today [Maverick XLT FX4] Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 3.58.57 PM

ANSWERS:

1. Does the extender work with w tonneau cover? I've seen pictures where both of them are installed but according to Ford, they can't be added together.

2. Will the rear passenger and rear window have privacy tint on all trims?

3. Can parking sensors be added as an after market install?

4. Confirm hybrid recorded sound.

5. Package redudancies. Will there be pricing adjustments if you add two of the packages with the same features? For example, full size spare on Co Pilot and Lux on XLT and the features on the 4k package and FX4
1 - Yes, cover works with extender
2 - Yes, tint on the rear slider
3 - Unsure
4 - we have a 2.5 here so can’t confirm hybrid sounds
5 - Ford rep said “ordering system will cancel out any redundancies in terms of cost.”

Backseat will not fold flat. If you took the headrests off it would be flatter but cannot ever fold fully flat

Ford Maverick Impressions and Answers From Dealer Training Today [Maverick XLT FX4] {filename}

Thanks @CoryDallas8123! I would like to know if the sun visors can be extended along the side window to block sunlight all of the way to the "B" pillar to block the light for the driver or passenger?
Sun visor can be extended back to B pillar. The medal rod is what it rides on.

Ford Maverick Impressions and Answers From Dealer Training Today [Maverick XLT FX4] {filename}

If you can see where the access hole to lower the spare tire is. In the F150 and Ranger there is a locking cover and port right in the bumper adjacent to the license plate. The Maverick manual just shows a picture of putting the tool through the gap of the tailgate and the bumper. So is it not locking? First picture is from the Maverick Manual. Last three pictures are the F150. Thanks

I did not see a hole in the tailgate for that tool to lower the wheel. The rep did not know as well.

Is the jack located behind the backseat and how much room behind the backseat?
Yes, the jack is located behind the backseat. There is not a whole lot of room, maybe 3-4". But I was an idiot and forgot my tape measure.(I should have put it on my shoes like my mom taught me)

Post a picture of someone sitting in the front seat and someone sitting directly behind them. Also inform us how tall each person is.
I'm 6' and want to see how much room the person behind will have.
Sorry, I was not able to get photos. Lots of people moving around.

I am 5'10" and with the front seat fully back I fit no problem. My knees did not rub the seat, had maybe 2" of room. With the front seat all the way back too there is a bunch of room upfront. A lady, probably 5'6" was in the front with the seat all the way back and she could stretch her legs straight no problem

MPG for hybrid, 2.0 EB Fwd, 2.0 EB awd.
Our 2.0L was showing 24.9 mpg average. This was with 262.5 miles on the vehicle. The gas tank showed 1/2 full and 185 miles projected to empty.

Will there be programmable garage door buttons in the maverick? My 2014 Edge has three on the visor and it would be nice to have them in the maverick.
No programable buttons anywhere to be found.

I see this us ror the hard tonneau , anything on the rollup ?
We had a rollup tonneau cover and the extender would fit just fine. The covers wont interfere with the extender

I'm putting a dashcam and not planning to hardwire; does the glove compartment have any usb or cigarette outlet?
Dang, sorry it was a mad rush so I'm not certain. I looked in the glove box, it's small, and cannot remember for a fact if there were plugs of any kind. Nothing stuck out to me so I would say no unless someone else can verify for you.

I will remove the headrests as soon as I get the truck. They block my rearview vision anyway. I'm wondering if that seatbelt can be unbuckled? That could MAYBE allow the seat back to go down more.
From my photos I don't see how the middle seatbelt can be detached but anything is possible. The seat would be close(ish) to flat, the padding on the seat bottom will hold it up a bit but could be smushed down I guess.

What did the headliner look like? Was there a sunglass holder, any light controls?
Light gray headliner. Sunglasses holder. 2 lights; driver and passenger.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Kcht

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hi,

I have confirmed that there will be a Maverick that I can see hands on Monday August 9th. I don’t know the trim level. Any items y’all want confirmed in general?

Ready to see one in person!
Does the back seat fold down completely flat? That seems to be the only thing I can’t find an answer to.

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the back seat fold down completely flat? That seems to be the only thing I can’t find an answer to.
I’ll check it out for you.

Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. Does the extender work with w tonneau cover? I've seen pictures where both of them are installed but according to Ford, they can't be added together.

5. Package redudancies. Will there be pricing adjustments if you add two of the packages with the same features? For example, full size spare on Co Pilot and Lux on XLT and the features on the 4k package and FX4

Blacktsi

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
I’m in the metroplex! Can customers view the vehicle? Or is this dealer training only.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anything at all is appreciated, thanks to all who provide us pics and or info.

kippitreal4

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
I'm about 20 minutes away as well. Would love to get a peek at it. Do you know if customers can stop by?

Sponsored
OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m in the metroplex! Can customers view the vehicle? Or is this dealer training only.
I have confirmed with the internet sales manager that anyone can stop by and take a look. I was told between 10am-2pm. This is for their dealer training so there is no hard fast amount of time available for us to get hands on. But anything is better than nothing.

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm about 20 minutes away as well. Would love to get a peek at it. Do you know if customers can stop by?
I am showing up around 10am tomorrow and plan to hang around until the reps are done with their training to poke around the truck.

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I’ll see what I can do to help answer your questions.

JoeWonder

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Escape
Hi,

I have confirmed that there will be a Maverick that I can see hands on Monday August 9th. I don’t know the trim level. Any items y’all want confirmed in general?

Ready to see one in person!
Will Hybrid trucks be submitted for production or is it only Ecoboost? Should we change to Ecoboost to get an early Maverick?
Sponsored