First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick EB XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So unless the computer is informed of the tire size change then it will most definitely effect the speedo, probably shows 3mph slower than your actual ground speed... that's just a guess, my older trucks seemed to be between 3 to 5mph difference going from 32" to 33" give or take.
Thanks, appreciate the response. Hope you are enjoying the Maverick. Looking forward to getting one myself.
Sponsored

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those tires look like they're about to explode.

OP
OP

Keikio999

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Did you do any sort of flash with a tuner to compensate speedo for the larger tires? I would be interested to see how fuel economy ACTUALLY changes with larger tires. I have concerns the little 8 speed won't like them much in the long run.
No I haven't yet. The shop that tuned Mr. Boom's truck said they can tune for that and turn off auto start stop as well. Might do that in the future.

OP
OP

Keikio999

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Thanks, appreciate the response. Hope you are enjoying the Maverick. Looking forward to getting one myself.
Speedo reads about 5 mph less than actual with a GPS app on my phone.

sbeaujean

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Love the look of your mav.
What lift kit did you go with for your Maverick and did you do the install yourself? If not, how much did it cost you to have your lift kit installed?

Sponsored

jmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My thoughts are that if you are planning on adding larger tires seriously consider the tow package as you get lower gears from the factory.

drmoreau

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Subaru Crosstrek, BMW Moto
Here’s what the OP is looking at with his new tires compared to stock.

1329E1FE-B9D0-46C4-8D1F-F1DBAA3001A4.png
How do the bigger tires translate to fuel economy? With my 2004 Jeep Wrangler, the benefit of bigger tires (lower engine rpm) was neutralized by the more agressive tread. Still gets the same 20 mpg at 70 mph, and 15 mpg around town as it did with smaller, less aggressive tires. Basically this vehicle is a back-up when another one is in the shop, or for desert trips. It loves the desert where mileage is backed up by a 5 gallon NATO can.

mw_maeve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked up a 2" level lift from FordRangerLifts.com. Pretty easy install. See my install YouTube video:

I'm running BFG KO2s 255/75R17s on stock wheels. Trimmed the firewall pinch welds down to nearly flush. Good clearance behind front tires now after trimming some fender liner out of the way. There are a lot of electronics in front of the driver front wheel though. After trimming fender liner, the tire barely kisses what appears to be the ECU. Planning on recessing the ECU farther forward and making my own fender liner; out of aluminum, fiberglass, kydex, not sure yet... Update video in near future.

20220129_125010_HDR.jpg
Great setup! Can you post more pics?!

OP
OP

Keikio999

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Love the look of your mav.
What lift kit did you go with for your Maverick and did you do the install yourself? If not, how much did it cost you to have your lift kit installed?
Thanks. Did do it myself. Purchased from FordRangerLifts.com, $550. Pretty basic as far as lifts go. Hardest part was making the 255/75R17s fit. 245/60R17s would fit without rubbing.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Keikio999

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
My thoughts are that if you are planning on adding larger tires seriously consider the tow package as you get lower gears from the factory.
Mine does have the tow package. Only time will tell how it holds up.

OP
OP

Keikio999

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
How do the bigger tires translate to fuel economy? With my 2004 Jeep Wrangler, the benefit of bigger tires (lower engine rpm) was neutralized by the more agressive tread. Still gets the same 20 mpg at 70 mph, and 15 mpg around town as it did with smaller, less aggressive tires. Basically this vehicle is a back-up when another one is in the shop, or for desert trips. It loves the desert where mileage is backed up by a 5 gallon NATO can.
Don't know the exact mileage yet. Haven't flashed the speedo for the bigger tires. Not sure that I will. Speedo reads 5 mph less than actual speed now. I'll have to find a tire conversion to figure out true mpg.

OP
OP

Keikio999

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I was wondering the same thing if the larger tires have an effect on the speedo? Look nice after complete. Have the same color and option unit ordered and still trying to decide on lift and tires.
Not many wheel options now. I plan on getting different wheels with a little more negative offset. Hoping to get about 1/2" to an inch of poke eventually.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks. Did do it myself. Purchased from FordRangerLifts.com, $550. Pretty basic as far as lifts go. Hardest part was making the 255/75R17s fit. 245/60R17s would fit without rubbing.
Any thoughts on something slightly smaller squeezing in like a 245/75 or a 255/70 or 31x10.50r17? Im all about trimming and welding, I cut up everything I own, my wife is a lil nervous about it.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there a speedo adjustment possible in Forscan for a difference in tire size?
Sponsored