First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I chose not to order the Ford mats - even though I liked the "Maverick" name on them - because I didn't want a two piece rear mat. I will probably get Weathertech unless Husky shows something in the next "million or so" months before my truck gets here.

My F150 has Ford mats and I really like them. They are nicely pliable and the rear mat is a single piece mainly because the floorboard is completely level. Coverage is good, too.
Sponsored

Stupak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do either of the Ford or the Weathertech have more “pliability”? I’m wondering if either is slightly rubbery or squishy to the touch vs. feeling like just hard plastic.
I have a set of the Ford factory weather mats and they are not rubbery. Actually quite stiff and similar to what I see here with the weather tech. However, they work great and I have my custom Ford carpet mats beneath them. Alls well so far.

LouieSaks

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger
I bought all-weather matts form the dealer for my Mini and I wasn't happy. I have Weather Tech in my Toyota Hylander and now that's all I will buy. We live close to the coast and go to the beach often. The WT trays keeps the sand out of the carpet and are very easy to clean.

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
The addition of ceramic coating doesn’t change the look or feel from factory.
Did you do both sides? Any residue left over or did you wipes and remove small areas until completed?

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did you do both sides? Any residue left over or did you wipes and remove small areas until completed?
No, only top side. once whip off and dry there is no sign of the ceramic.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had weathertechs in the past and the plastic is pretty stiff. The knockoffs I have now in my mazda are the same way. They all got stained up over time and if spraying them down with ceramic when new makes them easier to clean that will be awesome.

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have had weathertechs in the past and the plastic is pretty stiff. The knockoffs I have now in my mazda are the same way. They all got stained up over time and if spraying them down with ceramic when new makes them easier to clean that will be awesome.
yeah, this is the third set of floor mats that I’ve applied ceramic. I always struggled to get the dirt out rough texture. the y are floor mats and dirt isn’t a huge deal, I just like the able to clean easily. I would not purchased ceramic only for this purpose, but its great to use up with left over product.

Last edited:

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yeah, this is the third set of matts that I’ve applied ceramic. I always struggled to get the dirt out rough texture. the y are floor mats and dirt isn’t a huge deal, I just like the able to clean easily. I would not purchased ceramic only for this purpose, but its great to use up with left over product.
What bed mat is that? sorry wrong thread

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Can you post a pic of what you used? This is something I’ve looked into.

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Can you post a pic of what you used? This is something I’ve looked into.
in the case of interior plastic I went with the lower cost Armor Shield. It is still a very good product. Note, a bottle this size is enough for the entire Maverick. I would estimate This protection would be good on the mats for 7 years. Be cautious of the strength of chemicals to clean. The really is the only thing that will breakdown the protection. I think even the economical solution of the spray found in autopart stores would be fine. my guess spray might need to be applied annually.

Ford Maverick Weathertech mats complete set installed with added Ceramic Protection 26F81238-6FC4-4F4D-BD35-3B3BEEAE25E2

Sponsored

Niner9er

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those look like much better coverage than the Ford ones I have. The driver's mat is not enough on mine.

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Those look like much better coverage than the Ford ones I have. The driver's mat is not enough on mine.
I agree, I’m very impressed with the front coverage. The rear cover the floor well, but it would have even been better if the sides came up higher. overall, very happy with the coverage. I had ordered the Ford originally and decide against them due to the lack of coverage and the same pricin.

Niner9er

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree, I’m very impressed with the front coverage. The rear cover the floor well, but it would have even been better if the sides came up higher. overall, very happy with the coverage. I had ordered the Ford originally and decide against them due to the lack of coverage and the same pricin.
Wish I would've researched the mats a bit more. Snow and salt already getting on carpet under the gas pedal due to lack of coverage.

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wish I would've researched the mats a bit more. Snow and salt already getting on carpet under the gas pedal due to lack of coverage.
Dang, I wonder if your dealer work take them back and order the Weathertec.h. It never hurts to ask…

DaFaDa

First Name
Ronald Koons
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dart
I wanted to share a quick review of the Weathertech complete set install. I originally or the Ford Maverick set, but was somewhat disappointed with the coverage. My preferred manufacturer would have been Husky, but Weathertech was a close second. Finally, Weathertech offered the complete floor protection for $207 (including tax and shipping).

I figured I would apply a ceramic coating with Armor Shield coating. I had some left over and didn’t want to use the professional grade product such as System X due to cost. After all, they really are just floor mats. My goal is to be able to have enough protection to quickly clean with the ceramic filling in the pourus texture. As you can see in the attached photos it appears to have a wet appearance, but once wiped off and dry there is no visual effect Of the ceramic remaining.

Overall, I’m very happy with the protection coverage. This was a must have on my bucket-list of upgrades.

not the pictures below represent the coating look prior to drying. My goal was to show the application of the product rather than end result. The look and feel or the completed project is no different than factory. It would not have bothered me if the product would have remain as a wet look.

7823468C-8A3A-49F7-B74D-4B2647E830A1.jpeg
3D69DF16-738E-4C93-B69E-59D95AA7A13E.jpeg
458392BC-D362-4639-B9E9-BE8F9EEF43A7.jpeg
90097A17-413A-4B2B-874C-27B755C48BE4.jpeg
88A49B19-9471-47F3-9369-90960DA566E8.jpeg
865FAA55-DD44-4D42-9057-359C80B713A9.jpeg
ECD25725-0251-45E7-A48E-C142A28DA038.jpeg
No question for me: I will also get the WeatherTech. Living in Chicago area, I can drive to the factory and pick them up direct.
Sponsored