Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It even lists cellular phones, lol, what a joke. This is obviously some kind of internal BS document, not an official warranty. Don't use your cell phone in a Ford or your warranty is voided by some guy who isn't even a technician but rips people off at the service counter.
If you hook up a cell phone with a shorted USB jack and it blows up connectivity for your infotainment, sure.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Key part right here "if the installed part fails or causes a Ford part to fail"

It even lists cellular phones, lol, what a joke. This is obviously some kind of internal BS document, not an official warranty. Don't use your cell phone in a Ford or your warranty is voided by some guy who isn't even a technician but rips people off at the service counter.
The point is, Ford and every other manufacturer lays the groundwork for rejecting claims. Did you notice that the link is a Ford site? If you put on oversized tires and the CV joints all fail, be prepared to pay for the repairs out of pocket. Ford will correctly claim that the CV joints failed due to being overstressed by out of spec tires.

Do what you want, it's no skin off my nose. Just trying to point out that Ford and every other manufacturer will not assume responsibility for failures due to out of spec work done by the customer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to clear the air on my part anyway, and because of others on here were saying that I voided my warranty, so I just got off the phone with the Service Manager and my sales guy from my local dealership, and they clearly stated that “NO” you didn’t void your warranty. And that’s all I wanna hear. They even saw the truck right after I put them on. Because the owner wants to see it. So.. end of story for me. I’m happy with what I’ve heard. So Good luck with you all!

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
A good raport with your local dealer is far more beneficial in the long run than just a good front end deal.
Agreed. I used to work as a dealership mechanic. We'd bend the rules for regular customers to magically turn CP (customer pay, non-warranty) work into warranty work. And CP pays us more!

Noob question: how do you recalibrate the speedometer after upsizing the tires?
I personally wouldn't be concerned about it for a tire that's just 5% larger in diameter. Maybe if you stuffed 33s or 35s on it, or re-geared it, then I'd be looking to recalibrate.

Thedeanofmean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Just got my Toyo Open Country AT3’s 245/70/17 Factory wheels Lariat FX4

235B6413-B38D-4BD9-BB65-193607B9FCE6.jpeg

Ford Maverick Toyo Open Country AT3 245/70r17 {filename}

This truck has earned my respect. It’s useful and economical as a daily. I really do like it
They look amazing, let me know how they perform when you put a full load in the bed, im curious if it will rub.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to clear the air on my part anyway, and because of others on here were saying that I voided my warranty, so I just got off the phone with the Service Manager and my sales guy from my local dealership, and they clearly stated that “NO” you didn’t void your warranty. And that’s all I wanna hear. They even saw the truck right after I put them on. Because the owner wants to see it. So.. end of story for me. I’m happy with what I’ve heard. So Good luck with you all!
I am not saying they will all do it, just that they have included language to protect themselves in the event that bubba does a 12" lift and 48" tires wrecks the transmission. People need to be aware that no car manufacturer is going to universally cover damage incurred by aftermarket modifications. If you install 245's and the dealer uses that as an excuse, well, you need a new dealer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am not saying they will all do it, just that they have included language to protect themselves in the event that bubba does a 12" lift and 48" tires wrecks the transmission. People need to be aware that no car manufacturer is going to universally cover damage incurred by aftermarket modifications. If you install 245's and the dealer uses that as an excuse, well, you need a new dealer.
I know what you mean

Thunderdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Never heard of bigger tires causing warranty issues, that stinks to be stuck with these go cart tires they have on my lariat. Is this just a Ford thing? I know Jeep’s were designed to handle 35s and they don’t seem to care at least up to that size. Not trusting this vehicle without warranty after all the things that went wrong on my 18 f150.

Luther

First Name
Luther
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.starweb.one
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang v6
Those look great! Will likely be going with those of I can't get a set of Wildpeaks from the dealer (which I doubt). The baby Pirellis gotta go, definitely not an FX4 tire.

Speaking of which .....
I was lucky to get a set of Wildpeaks
Now...., I have a set of Pirellis for sale .......... and a set of XL standard Continentals🤔
Great...just what I needed, floor to ceiling new tires.........Hello craigslist

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Speaking of which .....
I was lucky to get a set of Wildpeaks
Now...., I have a set of Pirellis for sale .......... and a set of XL standard Continentals🤔
Great...just what I needed, floor to ceiling new tires.........Hello craigslist
Congrats! Can’t wait to see it! And you might get lucky with minivan owners. I put mine on my Odyssey.
Sponsored