Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
Thanks to everyone for your courteous replies. For those of you that felt it was necessary to be rude, tacky or just plain offensive...well I guess you know what you can go do.
The point to my initial inquiry was that in the Ford promotional videos and print ads I have seen, Ford seemed to have a particular demographic in mind. That being the late 20s to early 30s group (I have no idea what Gen that might be), and I was interested to find out.
This forum, considering it is Maverick specific, seemed like the appropriate place.
I asked two questions... age, I have already addressed. The reason for the occupation question was really about Income. Not income specifically but about where a person was/is in life, e.g. student, young person with first job etc. Ford obviously decided on a price point and created a truck around that if you will. Again were they on target? From the responses I received maybe...maybe not.
While analytics is not my speciality and I have a very small sample size (as was pointed out :)) it seems that many of you are a little older, have good jobs and stable incomes. My presumption is therefore that while Ford hit a home run with the Maverick it may not be due to who they thought it would be ???
In my bio I stated that I hold 4 degrees. The point was not to be braggadocious but to simply illustrate that I am continuously curious. There was/is no nefarious reason for the question. I failed to mention in my bio that I spent 25 yrs as a regional sales and marketing director for a Fortune Fifty company. So you now may be able to easily see my interest in the Maverick topic.
One respondent informed me that this topic somehow made it to some level of significance (if that is the correct vernacular) I hope its not the "Worst topic of all time" list. I don't post much so I really don't know about such things (yes even with my education..."haters need to hate"). Anyway it has been fun, with a few exceptions of course (see previous sentence). Thanks again for being gracious and Please, everyone stay safe and well this upcoming holiday season.
I found that the responses were interesting and also not very surprising. Young people today are in low paying jobs, high cost locations and quite frankly I have no idea how without help from parents they can afford to servive in this economy.
My childeren are living in my other home and paying me rent that just coversthe property tax bill. $1000.00 a month in an area that commands rents of over $2500 a month and I even pay utilitities for them, and yes they do work sometimes very long hours for little pay
The Ford people may have gotten the demographic market wrong, but boy is it a bargain for us old "boomer" types
Sponsored

SantaStephen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.santastephen.org
Vehicle(s)
GLE, Disco II, Corvette
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This reminds me a lot of the Honda Element release back in 2003. The Element was a big hit, but not so much with the market the product planners predicted. While the Mav may be a bit more on-target, I think the appeal beyond the intended market definitely caught Ford off guard. Will be fun to see where they take it through its product cycle and beyond.
I had an Element, that was my first experience of ordering a car built to my spec...Saw it at the Autoshow in feb of '03 and ordered it from my local dealer. Had it for about 10 years, 100k miles. The interior of the XL Maverick reminds me of that interior as well.

BullyHayes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Frontier Pro-4X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I amTHIIIIISSSS many years old and I do things for a living.

To be less obtuse, I am of an age to be a vet of Gulf Wars 1&2, as well as the Afghan war (the U.S one, not the British one.)
And I do computer stuff now, post military retirement.

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Toyo LC, 1988 911, 2005 STI, 2010 STI, 3 More
I found that the responses were interesting and also not very surprising. Young people today are in low paying jobs, high cost locations and quite frankly I have no idea how without help from parents they can afford to servive in this economy.
My childeren are living in my other home and paying me rent that just coversthe property tax bill. $1000.00 a month in an area that commands rents of over $2500 a month and I even pay utilitities for them, and yes they do work sometimes very long hours for little pay
The Ford people may have gotten the demographic market wrong, but boy is it a bargain for us old "boomer" types
Good that you can help. I hope they appreciate it!

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I amTHIIIIISSSS many years old and I do things for a living.

To be less obtuse, I am of an age to be a vet of Gulf Wars 1&2, as well as the Afghan war (the U.S one, not the British one.)
And I do computer stuff now, post military retirement.
Hope you came home well. Thanks for your service!

Sponsored

BullyHayes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Frontier Pro-4X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know if you saw from my previous posts, I am Vietnam as well. WELCOME HOME!
Vietnam War vets got incredibly short shrift. Thank you for serving our country, especially in such a turbulent time.

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
I’m who Ford was trying advertise too 🙋‍♂️

27, Quality Engineer in the medical field.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mongo not know age but know Carter was president but it looks like he president still.
Mongo not know what occupation mean.
But Mongo get paid when Mongo punch face.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lets try it this way. I'm 74. I'm a SCUBA instructor, Diver Medic, Cave diver, and retired ER Nurse from a level 1 trauma center in a major inner city hospital. I hold 4 BS and above degrees and as I stated previously my first was Sociology. My question comes from my experience with one of my Subaru STIs. On more than one occasion when getting out of my 2010 STI in a parking lot, passers by have stated that they were surprised to see someone my age get out of the STI. So now that I have ordered a Maverick I was curious as to the demographics of Maverick owners. Will I experience the same reaction, etc? Nothing more. One poster suggested that I should have conducted a poll. Had I know how to do that I would have...I'm 74 HELLO! So if someone out there wishes to assist me, than great, I am always accepting of help. Otherwise direct the negativity elsewhere.
Ex ER RN (level 1 and Burn ER), now double-boarded NP (Acute Care and Family Practice) Love what I do. the way people are scared is mind-boggling.

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
PS God Bless all the first responders and their plight

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mongo not know age but know Carter was president but it looks like he president still.
Mongo not know what occupation mean.
But Mongo get paid when Mongo punch face.
OK then...I hope you stay well! "I get a kick from Champaign" (let's see if you know the reference Mongo)

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK then...I hope you stay well! "I get a kick from Champaign" (let's see if you know the reference Mongo)
You speak Mongo too :love: Class act

Ford Maverick Your age / occupation? 1635803151891

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex ER RN (level 1 and Burn ER), now double-boarded NP (Acute Care and Family Practice) Love what I do. the way people are scared is mind-boggling.
Could not do burn unit, nor peds for that matter. APRN as well, only adult, again that peds things, If you didn't see my early bio post. I went home crying most every night when I was doing my peds rotation in school.

Last edited: