First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux, 2017 Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
64. Started by doing four years in the USMC (SGT), as an avionics technician on attack jets, out of high school; worked for the city I live in for 26 years before retiring; went back to work for my county after six years of retirement delivering Meals on Wheels to seniors and the disabled for 7 1/2 years. Been re-retired for a couple years. Patiently waiting on my new Mav and doing my wife's honey-do list.

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
49, USAF Veteran Electronic Warfare Systems, spent 25 years in IT field then switched to HVAC Technical Sales and Support which is where I still work and I plan on retiring at this company.

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1st career was farmer/rancher
2nd career VP of a large bank
3rd Crop adjuster

Phinney Ridge Dave

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 MB GLK 250 Bluetec 4matic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

71 retired RN, long history of residential DIY

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just for fun -- what's everyone's age and occupation?
Hobby: Bowhunting

I realize the Maverick was billed an "urban-chic" vehicle that would appeal to first-time truck buyers, but honestly, it's pretty clear Ford underestimated the appeal of this capable little truck to longtime, rural, outdoors-oriented people such as me. I have no illusions about taking the Maverick on hardcore off-roading trips, but I actually think it's just the right size as a hunting vehicle. Plenty of room for all my gear, a bed more than big enough to accommodate any game I am fortunate enough to take and sufficient capability to navigate the ranch, farm and forest roads I need to access to the point where it's time to park and "hoof it" to my final destination.

Plus, car buyers have to also factor in the regular driving they are doing the 300 days a year they aren't out in the wilds. So, for that, the Maverick holds a lot more appeal in terms of fuel economy and driving pleasure than an F-150 or other full-sized truck. My two cents!

TK4261

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Age 51, Work at home online Radiology Clerk and part time musician.

Just waiting for order taking to resume on the Maverick or for someone to cancel their order.
I have a paid off 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands in Area 51 that I will be selling or trading in. I want to order a Maverick Lariat 2.0 ecoboost FWD in Cactus Grey. The Maverick will suit my needs much better living in the city here in Vegas. :cool:

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I may be the oldest member of the Maverick Truck Club. I'm 81, I was born 9/15/1940, ordered my truck on 7/5/21, and last I heard, the truck should be at my dealer on 3/13/22. My friend of 75 years, his birthday 11/16/1940, ordered his Maverick on 6/28/21, and is due this week (I'm 2 months older then he is) We are both retired from the airlines as mechanics. My hobby has always been antique cars, his is home remodling. We need new trucks!

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why not join the party?
  • Around 40.
  • 25-30 years in IT (yes the math is correct).
  • SCUBA as much as possible.
Started building and selling computers around the age of 10 to support my hobby as a nerd. By 15 had an established repair business running on almost all referrals. By 20 that had branched off into ISP services and communications. I/we did some wild (nerd) things in my time here in the PNW.

Out of the industry full-time now (sold the business) and just do the occasional consultancy work. My loving wife allows me to indulge my SCUBA addiction as much as possible.

I may be the oldest member of the Maverick Truck Club. I'm 81, I was born 9/15/1940, ordered my truck on 7/5/21, and last I heard, the truck should be at my dealer on 3/13/22. My friend of 75 years, his birthday 11/16/1940, ordered his Maverick on 6/28/21, and is due this week (I'm 2 months older then he is) We are both retired from the airlines as mechanics. My hobby has always been antique cars, his is home remodling. We need new trucks!
You may be.

It's interesting to see the spread of Maverick buyers. It is such an incredibly diverse customer base! The real numbers compared to other vehicles would be fun to see.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I believe the Maverick is sort of like the Honda Element, which the demographic that the vehicle was intended for reached out further than what Ford thought.

Welcome, Sir!!!

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Semi full/part time maintenance tech and full time student(using GI bill)
Sponsored