Your age / occupation?

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Toyo LC, 1988 911, 2005 STI, 2010 STI, 3 More
Hanging in there, - office short this week. So far our town/ and areas as not been hit as bad as others, but still really busy. One day at a time :)
Hang in there. I don't know if you saw my bio post but as a retired ER nurse in a level 1 trauma hospital I get it!!
Sponsored

emartinez96

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Chevy Sonic RS, 2011 SS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for doing what you do especially in these times

I mean no offense but after having been through some of the posts I have received your occupation strikes me as funny. Where the hell have you been when I needed you :)
Honestly i was a guest for a while tell i bought my mav last weekend. So i decided to make an account because I'll soon be asking questions on mods and such. And yes its a real job haha

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 53 Dodge M37
Maybe this isn't the place for the following, so delete if necessary.
Nam vet (and Cambodia) 64 & 65. No Vietnam Service Medal on my DD214 (wasn't available when I got out in 65 (and unit listed did not exist). Still trying to get comp for 2 presumptive Agent Orange conditions. Initially diagnosed with PTSD but not Service connected. Had to go to D.C. to get that. In my claim I mentioned the name of 1 operation and was told there were no operations by that name, and the unit of the men that I was with was not in Nam at that time despite 12 KIA.

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm 77 and retired.

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe this isn't the place for the following, so delete if necessary.
Nam vet (and Cambodia) 64 & 65. No Vietnam Service Medal on my DD214 (wasn't available when I got out in 65 (and unit listed did not exist). Still trying to get comp for 2 presumptive Agent Orange conditions. Initially diagnosed with PTSD but not Service connected. Had to go to D.C. to get that. In my claim I mentioned the name of 1 operation and was told there were no operations by that name, and the unit of the men that I was with was not in Nam at that time despite 12 KIA.
I fully understand! BTW you were not in Cambodia;) It was a s%#t time. When I was getting discharged in early 70, I saw a sign in a restaurant window in San Diego "No dogs or sailors allowed" pretty much sucks after being shot at (in country of course) while wearing this country's uniform. Glad to see that things have changed for the guys/gals coming home now!
Welcome home brother! Hope you are able to get/stay well. Please have a safe and happy holiday season!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FYI, In my world your resume allows you to post anywhere, any time, you want. If anyone has exception send them my way:cool:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beesoldhouse

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fusion hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lets try it this way. I'm 74. I'm a SCUBA instructor, Diver Medic, Cave diver, and retired ER Nurse from a level 1 trauma center in a major inner city hospital. I hold 4 BS and above degrees and as I stated previously my first was Sociology. My question comes from my experience with one of my Subaru STIs. On more than one occasion when getting out of my 2010 STI in a parking lot, passers by have stated that they were surprised to see someone my age get out of the STI. So now that I have ordered a Maverick I was curious as to the demographics of Maverick owners. Will I experience the same reaction, etc? Nothing more. One poster suggested that I should have conducted a poll. Had I know how to do that I would have...I'm 74 HELLO! So if someone out there wishes to assist me, than great, I am always accepting of help. Otherwise direct the negativity elsewhere.
I'm 37 and a postal worker. 34 mile roundtrip commute.

Vewdu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I currently have 97 data points ( Good guess Big_T). Some of the ages I had to extrapolate from replies such as Gen y or Gulf war vet etc. I still need to wash the results and add employment status, retired, student etc. But here are the current results.
Mean age = 48.5
19 to 29= 12
30 to 39= 21
40 to 49= 16
50 to 59= 22
60 to 69= 13
70+ = 13
Modes = 27, 35, 56, 59, 65 This is where I need to do some additional work and review if the replies are specific or as stated above generalizations.
It is obvious that the 50+ group has significant numbers. 50+ = 48 and the age 19 to 49 = 49.
I am surprised that the 50+ group came in so close to the 49 and under group.
My initial presumption was that the under 49 group would have significantly more data points.
I will post more when I have the opportunity to review the second criteria.
Thanks to everyone that took the time to provide actual info. I have found the exercise interesting and I never expected as many replies as I have received. Although I do wish some had stayed home 🙂
It's pretty interesting to see. I think Ford might've pulled off the 21st century "Everyman(Persons?)s" truck. Does all the truck stuff most people could actually utilize in their day to day. It'll be nice having a truck I can load up with tools comfortably and not cry at the pump.

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's pretty interesting to see. I think Ford might've pulled off the 21st century( in country of course) Does all the truck stuff most people could actually utilize in their day to day. It'll be nice having a truck I can load up with tools comfortably and not cry at the pump.
[/QUOTe
It's pretty interesting to see. I think Ford might've pulled off the 21st century "Everyman(Persons?)s" truck. Does all the truck stuff most people could actually utilize in their day to day. It'll be nice having a truck I can load up with tools comfortably and not cry at the pump.
"Everyman(Persons?)s" truck.... Excellent way to classify. Henry Ford strikes again?

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry I missed this. Ahhh "gun line duty" :cool: Welcome home Brother... Vietnam 1968-1969
All this talk gun line & navy stuff brought memory of once when we called for artillery we got about 10 groups of nine rounds in three groups of three that you draw a straight line through and at least seven of the rounds would be on the line with the "strays" being within 50-100 feet long or short. All of the ten were the same distance apart one after the other. We were about 10 miles from the coast. If that was from the navy, Thanks that made our day! Fred, the medic B/3/21. Nam 67-68.

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All this talk gun line & navy stuff brought memory of once when we called for artillery we got about 10 groups of nine rounds in three groups of three that you draw a straight line through and at least seven of the rounds would be on the line with the "strays" being within 50-100 feet long or short. All of the ten were the same distance apart one after the other. We were about 10 miles from the coast. If that was from the navy, Thanks that made our day! Fred, the medic B/3/21. Nam 67-68.
You are most welcome!

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My DD for years has been my '98 jeep wrangler. No heater, no AC. I take the doors off for the summer and I think that I'll put them back on tomorrow as it's been pretty frosty in the mornings. My wife thought that I needed a newer vehicle, and the Maverick came at the right time so I ordered one.

hopsnbarley91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Sienna, 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

30 / fiber optics technician