Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Here in Minnesota we like to flip the wiper blades in a locked upright position to avoid them getting frozen against the window. Last night prior to the storm I found the hold prevents this.......Any thoughts??

Now that I found the steering wheel channel selector my only peeve is the gas door not being secure.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Leftnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hood....

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My gas door is secure. I mean, you can probably crowbar it open, but that's true of any vehicle..or am I not understanding?

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

Leftnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You just push on the door to open with no interior latch release. Ford offers no cap lock, and others are said to be junk

Sponsored

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You just push on the door to open with no interior latch release. Ford offers no cap lock, and others are said to be junk
There is no reason to have a lock on the gas fill door Ford has already thought of that and has prevention in place.

"Ford’s capless full filler deters gas theft two different ways. With Easy Fuel, a spring-loaded flapper door is held closed by latches that can only be released by a standard-size fuel nozzle. This eliminates the need for a fuel tank screw cap. When the proper nozzle is inserted into the filler neck of the system, the latches release, and the nozzle pushes the spring-loaded flapper door to the open position. When the nozzle is removed, the flapper door automatically is forced closed by the spring."
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/ford-easy-fuel-prevents-gas-theft-36806.html

OP
OP

Leftnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Master Blaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Master
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here in Minnesota we like to flip the wiper blades in a locked upright position to avoid them getting frozen against the window. Last night prior to the storm I found the hold prevents this.......Any thoughts??

Now that I found the steering wheel channel selector my only peeve is the gas door not being secure.
Don't lift the blades on a Mav, as it was never designed for that maneuver. Even assuming that you could do it, after a dozen times the springs will be relaxed a bit and your wipers will chatter. The wiper blade heater that was on the 22 and 23 Lux-option models was designed for cold weather deicing. It was removed for 24 for unknown reasons. I think that's a serious safety issue in northern climates, but what do I know.

The gas door just protects against the weather on the EB, and only unlocks on the hybrid because the tank is pressurized. If you open it, so what? Unlike all the other companies, you can't get the gas out on any Ford because of the easyfill cap, so there is nothing to protect.

OP
OP

Leftnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I guess you just need the right funnel

Sponsored
OP
OP

Leftnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Funnel is under the back seat
The concern is that someone with the right funnel has access to my trucks fuel supply, I don't make enemys but mat perhaps make them jealous!

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The concern is that someone with the right funnel has access to my trucks fuel supply, I don't make enemys but mat perhaps make them jealous!
I agree with you and I tried to find a locking cap everywhere to no avail. Not as worried about siphoning as someone trying to put something in there.

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine has a release button on the dash and pushing the door to open it doesn't work...which I discovered at the gas station the first time. I'm like, "what the Eff?" then looked around for the button and found it. I hope nobody saw me!

I remember when locking gas caps were the rage during the OPEC power play: they were crap back then, too. Mine froze in the winter and I had to carry de-icer to get it to open. They're what some call 'security theatre': they make you feel like you're doing something proactive, but don't really work.

Last edited:

ndmiller

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Azure Blue Metallic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used to cover the windshield with a towel and just pull it off in the am after warming up the car remotely. Now I live where snow isn't an issue.

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My gas door is secure. I mean, you can probably crowbar it open, but that's true of any vehicle..or am I not understanding?
You have a hybrid. They cone with a gas door release. The EcoBoost do not, so yeah you're missing something.
Sponsored