Sponsored

XLT Luxury or Standard Lariat

newmaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
It looks like you get a few more things on the XLT luxury vs. the standard Lariat? Im stuck in the middle trying to decide which one, any suggestions?
Sponsored

slooose42

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra 5.7 4wheel drive
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It depends on how many bells a whistles you want. I ordered the Lariat 2.5 hybrid with the 360 and luxury package and it's going to run me about 30G, the same price I paid for a SR5 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4 w/d with leather upholstery in 2007 with our all the bells and whistles. Remember, you only live once...........go for it.

OP
OP

newmaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
I wouldn't say that the XLT Lux has more features than a standard Lariat, it just has different features. All XLT Lux features are listed on the build and price so I won't bother reposting them all here.

The maybe not so obvious features that will come in a standard Lariat are: intelligent access, push button start, 1 touch windows, power sliding rear window, acoustic windshield, Active-X seating, signature lighting, ambient lighting and a few other features that you cannot get in an XLT even with the Luxury package added. The Lariat also has the larger productivity screen, only way to get that in an XLT is with the FX4 package added.
But you wont get the heated seats, trailer hitch, bed liner and a few other things that are on the XLT luxury and not the Lariat.

Sponsored

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’d say If you live in cold a climate XLT Lux would be best or if you in hot climate go with Lariat No Lux
It depends on how many bells a whistles you want. I ordered the Lariat 2.5 hybrid with the 360 and luxury package and it's going to run me about 30G, the same price I paid for a SR5 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4 w/d with leather upholstery in 2007 with our all the bells and whistles. Remember, you only live once...........go for it.
Never let $ get in the way of your lifestyle

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’d say If you live in cold a climate XLT Lux would be best or if you in hot climate go with Lariat No Lux
I agree with you. If I still lived in my home state of ND, I would without doubt get the LUX, no matter what trim.

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Neither, Lariat Lux. (No sunroof) There's some options I would like it to have that Ford does not offer, such as; vented cooled seating, power passenger seat, and outside lighting package. (Fog lights, door puddle lights, etc)

Last edited:

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Been on the fence myself about this question...first world problems...LOL.
So excited for the platform! There's just so much Blue inside, it's making the choice hard....

Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The xlt/lux is the much better value imo. Except for the seats everything else you get on the standard lariat is just fluff.

Lvsparky83

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also had a hard time making my decision. I ended up going with the XLT with Lux. I can’t do leather seats in the desert heat anymore my wife gives me the look of death when she gets inside and burns her legs, when she has shorts or a skirt on. Also my kids complain. I feel you get more bang for your buck with the XLT Lux. But yea the seats was the main issue also the color is questionable at best.

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
I ordered the XLT Lux FX4 but now thinking I am willing to give up my heated steering wheel/seats to get the pushbutton start, prox key, signature headlights and Active X seats. I know the brown seats are getting negative feedback here, but I saw a Bronco Sport with that combo and it was impressive... in a good way

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This will be only the second vehicle I have purchased new since I started driving (1986 Ford Tempo, 2006 Honda Ridgeline). The Ridgeline came with heated seats and mirrors. I just got the Lariat trim and added a couple of options (all of which were included in the "luxury" package).

I would have liked heated seats and mirrors on the Maverick, but I wasn't going to drop another $3800 on the luxury package that really requires a "manufacturer's fee" to buy the nanny system (Ford co-pilot) to get them. With Honda it was select trim level, maybe add a few options, you're done. But Ford has a "package" at one price that is really almost 20% higher because you have to get another system to go with your "incomplete luxury package" option. Fortunately it's not a deal killer.

UPDATED (Sep 2020) - my youngest recently moved to another city and I had to drive her car that with adaptive cruise control up to her new place. Never would have considered it, but after driving in some I-40 traffic I discovered it's a great feature. Since I've kept all my vehicles 12 years or more, I decided to change my order to the luxury package to get that feature and a few more that I originally would have liked, but didn't have to have (primarily the heated seats, mirrors...nice, but not a necessity here in West TN - and the nicer sound system and XM radio). Some additional cost, but I'll have a nice truck with some features I will enjoy the next dozen years or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJC
OP
OP

newmaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
I ordered the XLT Lux FX4 but now thinking I am willing to give up my heated steering wheel/seats to get the pushbutton start, prox key, signature headlights and Active X seats. I know the brown seats are getting negative feedback here, but I saw a Bronco Sport with that combo and it was impressive... in a good way
Do you get a heated steering wheel in the XLT Lux package?
Sponsored