Sponsored

Would Ordering a 2.0 Eco NOW Get Here Faster than a Hybrid Ordered in November?

Huntski51

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Fod Maverick
Wanted to post a hypothetical question that has now got me thinking... I ordered a hybrid XL on Nov. 1st. I have email certification that my order was received but I have not gotten a build date yet nor do I expect one soon given the current status of hybrid orders. Optimistically, I would hope my Hybrid gets here sometime in June but only time will tell. HOWEVER, I am not very patient and wanted to know if it would be worth my time to order a 2.0 EcoBoost as well, but only if it would get here BEFORE my hybrid.

If so, I would simply keep my hybrid order and either sell that back for profit or do the same with my "used" 2.0 EcoBoost and make a little cash.

I initially liked the hybrid with the lower cost and better fuel efficiency but that certainly isn't a deal breaker.

Does anyone smarter than me know if the Ecoboost would get here quicker than my hybrid even if I ordered it a month after the fact? And for those saying 'just go buy one off the lot', I want to avoid the increased MSRP due to market conditions which would ultimately nullify my initial 'sell for profit' idea.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE, MachE, Explorer, C10
Engine
Undecided
Wanted to post a hypothetical question that has now got me thinking... I ordered a hybrid XL on Nov. 1st. I have email certification that my order was received but I have not gotten a build date yet nor do I expect one soon given the current status of hybrid orders. Optimistically, I would hope my Hybrid gets here sometime in June but only time will tell. HOWEVER, I am not very patient and wanted to know if it would be worth my time to order a 2.0 EcoBoost as well, but only if it would get here BEFORE my hybrid.

If so, I would simply keep my hybrid order and either sell that back for profit or do the same with my "used" 2.0 EcoBoost and make a little cash.

I initially liked the hybrid with the lower cost and better fuel efficiency but that certainly isn't a deal breaker.

Does anyone smarter than me know if the Ecoboost would get here quicker than my hybrid even if I ordered it a month after the fact? And for those saying 'just go buy one off the lot', I want to avoid the increased MSRP due to market conditions which would ultimately nullify my initial 'sell for profit' idea.

Thanks!
Back in February it took me less than 3 weeks to find a delivery refused MachE to my spec from a dealer that accepted Xplan. Autotrader is a thing....

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks!
I'd say...probably. But you should order the EB, keep the hybrid order, and then start a pool in this thread and let people choose which they think will arrive first.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I'm just holding out for the good luck, maybe mine gets scheduled before someone in July who knows.

Osilith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 4K Shadow Black, 2001 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't say much in regards to the hybrid but similar to you I put in an Ecoboost Order November 6th and have yet to receive anything which I expected. I mean I have my fingers crossed that maybe I get a lovely email end of this week but not holding my breath just yet lol. +1 for what @brnpttmn said about ordering a 2.0 and starting a pool in the forum haha.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Huntski51

Huntski51

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Fod Maverick
Back in February it took me less than 3 weeks to find a delivery refused MachE to my spec from a dealer that accepted Xplan. Autotrader is a thing....
Big fan of Autotrader, but you know as well as I do that dealers will do what they can to make as much money as possible and they know the kind of demand these things are getting. I have yet to see ANY online that are original MSRP; most have an insane markup that I am not willing to pay.

OP
OP
Huntski51

Huntski51

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Fod Maverick
I can't say much in regards to the hybrid but similar to you I put in an Ecoboost Order November 6th and have yet to receive anything which I expected. I mean I have my fingers crossed that maybe I get a lovely email end of this week but not holding my breath just yet lol. +1 for what @brnpttmn said about ordering a 2.0 and starting a pool in the forum haha.

Keep me posted - if you get an email next week about a build date or anything then I'm for sure pulling the trigger.
Sponsored