Sponsored

With the price increase on the 2024's, maybe now paying over sticker for a 22/23 isn't a bad idea?

GyroRon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 2019 Mazda CX9, tons of bikes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I already got a maverick, so I am just posting this for discussion... But I know I wanted a maverick since early spring of last year and didn't finally get one till about a month ago. I was mighty tempted to buy one that either a private seller had, or one a dealer had, in both cases they were typically 3-5 grand over MSRP. But I just couldn't bring myself to pay over sticker. And I am glad I held out, cause I got the maverick I am driving now at MSRP, and I have the one I ordered finally going into production, and that one I will actually be able to buy below sticker ( X plan )...

But with the price increases on the 24's, someone that bought a maverick and paid over MSRP by a few grand may not have made a bad move.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To me, no it is still not worth it.

1. the vehicle is 2 years older still. That will matter in value when all the craziness dies down

2. many paid more than the increase

3. you’re buying a first year new model used instead of just waiting. Could have problems

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

1. the vehicle is 2 years older still. That will matter in value when all the craziness dies down

3. you’re buying a first year new model used instead of just waiting. Could have problems
If they made any improvements on the 23 or 24 Mavericks, I haven't read anything about them. All I read about is what they took away, and increased the cost. Trucks are not like cars, values don't change much by a year model, it's condition that counts. Not many people can tell a 22 maverick from a 24.

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This whole deal is why I gladly paid a reasonable amount over msrp to get my 2023.

Its taking me longer to acquire light appearance and function mods than it took to get my truck. It’s never taken me so long to get parts and accessories as it does now. (Not talking about in stock stuff at Amazon.)

It frequently takes a week or more just to get an email reply to an order stating that it’s being processed, another week to be shipped and received by me.

1st world problems.

Paying over msrp, if you can easily afford it, and actually having the truck in your possession, is worth more to me than going through this whole process of aggravation and wondering about if and when you may actually take delivery of your truck.

Last edited:

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have not had one issue on my 22, I just ordered an XLT when I wanted a Lariat so I ordered a Lariat for 2023 and just got the VIN so hopefully by end of October I will be in a new Lariat.

Just out of curiosity I checked on what Vroom would offer me to buy the 22. They offered me 6,000 more than I paid.

Sponsored

iwanttruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick unfortunately
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's not even factoring in gas savings. If you are getting 15mpg in a truck and drive a lot of city you could save $2,500/yr in gas driving a Hybrid Maverick (assumption gas of 3.50/gal).

When you do all of the math it is easy to see why some pay the premium

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not had one issue on my 22, I just ordered an XLT when I wanted a Lariat so I ordered a Lariat for 2023 and just got the VIN so hopefully by end of October I will be in a new Lariat.

Just out of curiosity I checked on what Vroom would offer me to buy the 22. They offered me 6,000 more than I paid.
That’s cool, but that has nothing to do with what I said.

the fact that you haven’t had an issue yet doesn’t change the general rule surrounding first year models and people’s fear surrounding them which WILL factor into selling price when the hype dies. A 2024 is still a maverick and is still a 2 year newer vehicle…
Sponsored