2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know this was asked before, but the thread shows deleted.

So I know that green stickers means customer order and blue means dealer orders. I saw a hybrid with a blue sticker. Since I thought dealers can't order hybrids, does that mean its an order a customer backed out of and is now dealer stock? TIA
Sponsored

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was one of the retail hybrids that had a green sticker up until the EPA mpg ratings came out. Immediately after, that sticker was removed and a blue one was uploaded in it's place. What was interesting was that when it was delivered to my dealer, Ford had plastered "RETAIL" stickers on several windows. So yes some owner ordered Hybrids came delivered with blue stickers. BTW, I kept a copy of both digital versions of the stickers.

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks. I think I do remember that now that you said it. I was hoping maybe I caught an order that someone back out of. Everytime I call asking about the inventory I just get the typical "It's a customer order and not available"

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. I think I do remember that now that you said it. I was hoping maybe I caught an order that someone back out of. Everytime I call asking about the inventory I just get the typical "It's a customer order and not available"
Ford wouldn't know that a customer backed out of an order...... The window sticker wouldn't change.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was one of the retail hybrids that had a green sticker up until the EPA mpg ratings came out. Immediately after, that sticker was removed and a blue one was uploaded in it's place. What was interesting was that when it was delivered to my dealer, Ford had plastered "RETAIL" stickers on several windows. So yes some owner ordered Hybrids came delivered with blue stickers. BTW, I kept a copy of both digital versions of the stickers.
Double check the window sticker, it might be blue, but does it say SPECIAL ORDER two boxes down from TOTAL MSRP? Sounds like you have a blue ws on a special order. No idea why some of those don't show up green.

Ford Maverick Window Sticker Color - green vs blue? 1646062997069

Sponsored

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Three possibilities:

1. It's one of the Hybrids that got held waiting on OKTB (original "Not for Sale was green, re-print after OKTB was blue).

2. It was a cancelled fleet order. Tim Bartz mentioned in one of his videos that his dealership was getting two such vehicles. He didn't say how many others there may have been. Don't know what color the sticker was for them though.

3. If it's a bare bones XL or even XLT, it may have been a schedule filler to keep the lines moving when others couldn't be built to constraints.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Three possibilities:

1. It's one of the Hybrids that got held waiting on OKTB (original "Not for Sale was green, re-print after OKTB was blue).

2. It was a cancelled fleet order. Tim Bartz mentioned in one of his videos that his dealership was getting two such vehicles. He didn't say how many others there may have been. Don't know what color the sticker was for them though.

3. If it's a bare bones XL or even XLT, it may have been a schedule filler to keep the lines moving when others couldn't be built to constraints.
RETAIL stickers plastered on the windows imply it was indeed an order someone backed out of, so I would expect the blue window sticker to still be branded SPECIAL ORDER as well. The purpose of putting those extra stickers on the vehicle are to make it clear to the dealer when they arrive that they're to be reserved for that customer unless the customer has or will back out.

Mach E Leo

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Mach E 1950 jeepster. 2020 Highlander Hybrid
Three possibilities:

Same thing happened to me dealer said he didn’t know why but I got my truck and I’m happy

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick Window Sticker Color - green vs blue? maverick sticker.JPG

Here is the window sticker. Don't see Special Order anywhere. Maybe as mentioned it was one of those awaiting EPA previously.

Mach E Leo

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Mach E 1950 jeepster. 2020 Highlander Hybrid
maverick sticker.JPG

Here is the window sticker. Don't see Special Order anywhere. Maybe as mentioned it was one of those awaiting EPA previously.
When was your order placed mine was July 8th

Sponsored
OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When was your order placed mine was July 8th
That isn't my window sticker. It's from the Shop Ford Inventory. My order is in October so I won't see mine forever.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Double check the window sticker, it might be blue, but does it say SPECIAL ORDER two boxes down from TOTAL MSRP? Sounds like you have a blue ws on a special order. No idea why some of those don't show up green.

1646062997069.png
Nope.
Ford Maverick Window Sticker Color - green vs blue? Maverick Sticker Gree
Ford Maverick Window Sticker Color - green vs blue? Maverick Sticker Blue
Sponsored