Sponsored

Will The XLT Hybrid hold better value than the AWD?

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
my thought, if you buy a hybrid for sub 20k and the battery lasts about 8 years and assume average annual millage of 12k thus (100k) at the time of battery replacement.

Will the truck hold enough value to justify the battery replacement cost? The question to ask Ford is what is the replacement cost of the hybrid battery?

estimated 8 year truck with 100k with a MSRP of 19.9k would be worth roughly 5k ish….

conclusion..if the cost of the battery replacement exceeds the value of truck that would make the resell value low.
I've seen this a lot around here.... Seems to be battery anxiety.

🤷‍♂️ I bet batteries are a lot cheaper when it's time to replace...I should say, if it's time to replace. Do you actually know of any hybrid owners that have had to replace batteries?
Sponsored

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Yes the Hybrid will hold better value. People are getting to the point were they don't want an ICE vehicle at all. Hybrid will be more desirable then ICE in 5 years.

jst2bd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid

jst2bd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Been driving PHEV and BEV for almost a decade, no one really cared or enquired about what I drive nor did I ever advertise my preference. Suddenly lately everyone is interested and wants a hybrid or BEV. Seems like around here $2+/L for gasoline has changed a lot of minds.

Chip shortage, high gas prices, War, supply and demand play a role for sure. It's like the perfect storm brewing

Last edited:

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've seen this a lot around here.... Seems to be battery anxiety.

🤷‍♂️ I bet batteries are a lot cheaper when it's time to replace...I should say, if it's time to replace. Do you actually know of any hybrid owners that have had to replace batteries?
yeah, my neighbor has a Toyota Prius hybrid and har to replace his battery at 5 years. I don’t remember exact cost but is was in the neighborhood of $3900.

I think as batteries get better the they should last longer with options of partial battery replacement. even still the hybrid is still a great option for many Especially with gas prices above 5 bucks/gal. If you live in CA, thank your local politicians For price per/gal.
Sponsored