First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really hate to tell you guys this but it is sales 101. When I worked at a large dealership here in California the sales managers would always insist that we have the customer sign anything with numbers on it always. This little action of having the customer signs it helps commit them to the purchase and move them towards the close of the sale. It means absolutely nothing to the dealership or the salesman or the sales manager. If you think for one second that they will lose money to sell to you at a price that they promised months before the truck was on the lot you are sorely mistaken and in for a huge letdown. The salesman will apologize to you up and down about how the price is changed he will look so sad but they will not sell you the truck for a loss. And if you walk out they will gladly sell the truck with a markup way bigger than anything they were going to get from you probably that same day maybe the next day.
I hear what you are saying. I am dealing with the owner of the Ford dealership here on this forum that has ordered numerous Mavericks for other members on this forum here. What kind of owner of a Ford dealership that`s a member his self pull something like that and not get ran off this site from members that he pulled something like that to them. What a bad day for him from all of us. Like I said before I hope this does not happen with anyone especially this Ford dealership on here. I can`t say anything about other dealerships but I am not worried about the dealership that I am using. By the way it`s not going to ruined my life if I don`t buy this truck or not. We have five other vehicles to drive anyway.
Sponsored

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also have a signed (Out the Door ) price from Tom with Chapman Ford on a XLT. Hope this does not happen to anyone. I would for see Ford cutting this round of units off at some point this year and starting back up next year with a price increase. That`s my thoughts on how they will increase the price on the Maverick.
Same with us today….

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ask the sales person about any possible price increases and he shoke his head and said no we don't do that here.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ask the sales person about any possible price increases and he shoke his head and said no we don't do that here.
And I'm from the Government and I'm here to help 🤣

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sales people often make “mistakes,” always at the buyers expense.

Anything the sales person promised should be in writing and signed by a member of the dealership management team. That should provide protection from any “mistakes.”

Last edited:

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have my order confirmed like many on here.

Question is by the time the trucks are built and delivered later this year possibly even into 2022 will Ford raise the price considering the way inflation is rising so rapidly?

I sure hope not. If it does and it’s a large jump will you stick with the purchase and pay the xtra?
I think you answered your own question mentioning inflation. You can bet many parts vendors are increasing prices to manufacturers and it would be reasonable for Ford to pass these along to consumers- unless you expect them to lose $ on vehicles they sell? The hybrid is probably already a loss leader as it is. I won't be ready to buy until Dec/Jan and the config I "built" is considerably less than what I budgeted so I'll just make my best deal after driving 1 and reading some test reports and call it a day.

OP
OP
06Warrior

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you answered your own question mentioning inflation. You can bet many parts vendors are increasing prices to manufacturers and it would be reasonable for Ford to pass these along to consumers- unless you expect them to lose $ on vehicles they sell? The hybrid is probably already a loss leader as it is. I won't be ready to buy until Dec/Jan and the config I "built" is considerably less than what I budgeted so I'll just make my best deal after driving 1 and reading some test reports and call it a day.
Maybe not. Ford could of locked in prices for X amount of parts to complete X amount of builds. Who knows. We’ll have to wait and see when they are finally built.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe not. Ford could of locked in prices for X amount of parts to complete X amount of builds. Who knows. We’ll have to wait and see when they are finally built.
Right. Ford should have contractual clauses for the parts required to build out what they've sold. That said, there will likely be increases when those are renegotiated.

Dreams

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
I really hate to tell you guys this but it is sales 101. When I worked at a large dealership here in California the sales managers would always insist that we have the customer sign anything with numbers on it always. This little action of having the customer signs it helps commit them to the purchase and move them towards the close of the sale. It means absolutely nothing to the dealership or the salesman or the sales manager. If you think for one second that they will lose money to sell to you at a price that they promised months before the truck was on the lot you are sorely mistaken and in for a huge letdown. The salesman will apologize to you up and down about how the price is changed he will look so sad but they will not sell you the truck for a loss. And if you walk out they will gladly sell the truck with a markup way bigger than anything they were going to get from you probably that same day maybe the next day.
That may have been "sales 101", but not anymore. There is no money to be made on the sale of a new car and there hasn't been for years. They make the money on financing, warrantees, add-ons, and your trade-in. If a dealership tried that on me, I'd be calling Ford and, at the same time, demanding to see the Ford rep for that area.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Let's hope for the Dealership's sake that they honor the price on the order/invoice... Because I have a big mouth and they will not like me....
Might even have a Flag made up to mount on my truck saying "I've been Screwed By (????? Dealership)" I'll figure out a better saying :) lol

Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Prices will go up, that is a certainty. Obviously this won't affect existing customers in the system, that is now how it works. This is the whole reason why ordering now was an attractive option, because by this time next year it's likely these trucks will cost more.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
on the surface that makes sense...but how is Ford supposed to nail down with any accuracy that number X of how many builds there will be? Companies try really hard not to hold excess inventory because they get taxed on it every month. I read Ford uses "just in time" supply system for delivery of components to the factory. That is risky too based on my experience in manufacturing and production. We'll see...

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are worried about prices going up, the folks complaining about no cruise on XL are really going to be upset if Ford de-contents the XL to maintain the $19,995 price point.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe Ford just increases the destination cost:mad:,
cars will be sold for $0.99 + $20k destination if they keep playing this game

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's hard to imagine a price increase given the marketing focus on a fuel efficient hybrid truck for under $20K.
Sponsored