Sponsored

Who else is waiting for front axles for their hybrid?

kmm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Karell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call Ford directly, get a case # and ask for a rental car. I did and they gave me $60 a day for a rental.
Well, they ended up giving me an F-150 (rental) because they changed the right axle after waiting about a month and the car was worse than before. ThenThey ordered a second one that takes another month to arrive at the dealer and now that one is leaking fluids so they finally said it was dangerous to drive it and gave me that rental until they fix it. I have been waiting for 20 days already and still, they haven't received the part. The last update I get is that Ford doesn't have any and doesn't know when they will have it so I will be driving that F-150 for more than a month probably. My concern now is that I have being dealing with this for almost 3 months now and they are only changing the right one, so pretty sure that after they finally fix it I will be there again because of the left one, and that is assuming the ones they are putting in are good and don't fail too after some time.
Sponsored

JohnMav22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I'm in the same place. No loaner, the issue is getting worse. At the beginning was only when I pushed it hard, but now it always happens in the 50-60mph range, and then again while passing cars at speeds higher than those. I opened a case with Ford but nothing different from what I get from the Dealer. They even told me that keep driving the car was my choice, which I know. The only problem with that is that I can not afford my Maverick and a rental for months. Updates from the dealer are also pretty bad, I have to call them weekly and not always I get an update.
We have the same problem, but because the issue still in the warranty perid, ford through the dealership should give you a loaner car if not a rental. I've talked to ford customer service and he said that ford will pay up to 45/day while your is in the dealership for repair or even if the parts still backorder. Mine is on the third week and the dealership provided me a rental car. They should reimburse that through ford when aurhorized.

Esteban88

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback, Maverick XL hybrid (ordered)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never bought an extended warranty before but now I'm reconsidering on my yet to be delivered 2024. The worst part, in my opinion, is the time wasted going back and forth with dealers trying to fix problems like this. Even though Ford may pay for the repairs.

RCar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dropped my Maverick off Oct 20 and it took until Dec 5th to get all the parts in. But my dealership had a previous issue when they tried to fix just one on another Maverick, so they order axle parts all around.
Ford told me the maximum time they will pay for a rental is 62 days but you have to ask for 10 day extensions after the initial 20 day rental.
When they told me they were capping my rental at 43 days (random #?!) my reply in writing was get me my part or extended my rental or the next correspondence will be from a lawyer inacting the North Carolina Lemon Law, where you have to buy it back from me (not really what i wanted). Magically the parts came in and now I await the debt card (how Ford sends reimbursements) to pay the $1,800 rental bill.

Well, they ended up giving me an F-150 (rental) because they changed the right axle after waiting about a month and the car was worse than before. ThenThey ordered a second one that takes another month to arrive at the dealer and now that one is leaking fluids so they finally said it was dangerous to drive it and gave me that rental until they fix it. I have been waiting for 20 days already and still, they haven't received the part. The last update I get is that Ford doesn't have any and doesn't know when they will have it so I will be driving that F-150 for more than a month probably. My concern now is that I have being dealing with this for almost 3 months now and they are only changing the right one, so pretty sure that after they finally fix it I will be there again because of the left one, and that is assuming the ones they are putting in are good and don't fail too after some time.

Sean allen

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had my '22 XLT hybrid in to the dealer for the front axle / CV joint failure over a month ago now, at around 24,000 miles. They diagnosed it as bad axles and ordered from Ford, but they are back-ordered and they don't know when it's coming until it shows up. And they won't provide a loaner vehicle for "back-order delays".

The truck shakes horribly if you apply more than ~30% engine power, especially around 50-60MPH. Makes highway driving pretty difficult.

So, anyone else going as slow as they can while you wait for new axles?
Same issue with 2022 hybrid @ 20k miles. All easy hwy miles. Two dealers tried to pass off as tires balance or alignment. Wasted money on ensuring all okay. Returned car with problem. Shared this site's blogs and tgey took it back to replace cv joints. Waiting now 2 mo with no estimate in sight.

Going to register this issue with ntsb as it's a safety issue that ford should address.

Heard that the cv joints are cheap Hyundai made which further adds to supply chain shortage as ford gets 2nd priority.

Other concern is I'm sure they will replace with same sub standard parts...fail again in 20k mi???

Like the truck but thinking now of dumping it before more problems arise. Waiting for Subaru new small truck or Toyota. I also own a 2019 Honda ridgeline that costs same as maverick...zero issues, rides and handles better.

Sponsored

JBEN110

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Awd XLT tremor with lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Same issue with 2022 hybrid @ 20k miles. All easy hwy miles. Two dealers tried to pass off as tires balance or alignment. Wasted money on ensuring all okay. Returned car with problem. Shared this site's blogs and tgey took it back to replace cv joints. Waiting now 2 mo with no estimate in sight.

Going to register this issue with ntsb as it's a safety issue that ford should address.

Heard that the cv joints are cheap Hyundai made which further adds to supply chain shortage as ford gets 2nd priority.

Other concern is I'm sure they will replace with same sub standard parts...fail again in 20k mi???

Like the truck but thinking now of dumping it before more problems arise. Waiting for Subaru new small truck or Toyota. I also own a 2019 Honda ridgeline that costs same as maverick...zero issues, rides and handles better.
is this happening on 2023 mavericks as well or has it since been fixed?

Sean allen

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got the same problem and 5 dealers near me have not even heard of the problem l am driving mine in the meantime
This is a serious issue that ford is ignoring. Cheap and defective Hyundai cv joints that may happen again even if replaced new. Register with ntsb is only way to get this resolved!!!

Sean allen

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had my '22 XLT hybrid in to the dealer for the front axle / CV joint failure over a month ago now, at around 24,000 miles. They diagnosed it as bad axles and ordered from Ford, but they are back-ordered and they don't know when it's coming until it shows up. And they won't provide a loaner vehicle for "back-order delays".

The truck shakes horribly if you apply more than ~30% engine power, especially around 50-60MPH. Makes highway driving pretty difficult.

Got the same problem and 5 dealers near me have not even heard of the problem l am driving mine in the meantime

[/QUOTE]

This is a serious issue that ford is ignoring. Cheap and defective Hyundai cv joints that may happen again even if replaced new. Register with ntsb is only way to get this resolved!!!

Sean allen

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to hear of your troubles with the Maverick.

Just curious, is yours still completely stock or have you made any changes at all, like a lift, different tires/wheels, etc.?
These cheap cv joints are failing under 30k mi. If you mod the truck with bigger wheels or lift kit they fail even sooner. Ford then rejects your claim due to mods. Scamming you out of free repairs.

Sponsored

Sean allen

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Same exact issue. Took 2 mo but they only replaced one (driver side). These are cheap Hyundai CVs. Only 20k mi...waiting for the passenger one to go so I can go through it all over again.
Dealer tried to pass it off as tire balance but I proved it was CV by showing them.
Ford needs to step up and issue a recall.

Only way ford will do is is ntsb forces. If everyone files an on line complaint with ntsb, it might happen! I did.

golfguy2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
update on mine:
still waiting
they said one axle is in and waiting for the other - last update was jan 2 and all they could tell me was it was in transit
i emailed asking for another update this week and this was their reply:
He called the company that ships and manufactures them and the parts were previously on back order but we tried to order one in "emergency". One has been allocated and if all goes well we will see it next week or so. I am sorry for the delay, we have a few customers in your same shoes!
so i've been driving around with this shaking since at least aug/sept and its crazy that they say there are other customers also waiting

between this and the recalls and leaking tonneau cover i am done with ford (had a 2010 fusion before this and had a similar issue - had to keep replacing the ball joints/control arms for $300 per side once a year) and will be selling and getting something else

this truck was a great idea but poorly executed

bdavidson94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mine went out at about 32k, both, took about 6 weeks to get them even after escalating with Ford after about 3 weeks. Not sure it helped, but all the parts came it together at the same time, so I think calling Ford did help. It is a hardship being without your truck, I know. I bought this so I would have at least one newer dependable vehicle, love it, but they need to improve the CV axles and at least get them in stock!

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn't expect any type of Ford recall for this issue. At most they could extend the warranty coverage if the issue represents a large portion of the Mavericks but I doubt it does yet at this time. They may change the supplier if they haven't already but Ford tends to stick with the cheapest supplier for the Maverick, just look at the rear end design. Older Fords like the Escapes from ten years ago also had issues with driveaxles and leaks and they simply made redesigned seals and replaced the shafts when they failed.

If you have a driveshaft issue I would recommend taking care driving it and drive it very easy and as little as possible if you do...very light acceleration. You can do more damage to the vehicle like the wheel bearing and the tranny outputs / seals. If you have any leakage I wouldn't drive it all. I learned my lesson from the Escapes that had driveshafts issues that caused tranny seal leakages. These parts are cheap and not really heavy duty..excessive vibrations cause sealing wear, leaks, and failures. Hopefully you don't do any permanent tranny damage.

deadcoldfish

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Add me to the list 2022 hybrid XL at 30900 miles, parts should be here by 2/5-2/12/2024
Sponsored