First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
There was a recall this past July on defective Fuel Delivery Modules on both the Escapes and Bronco Sports (over 10,000 units). My BS/BL was one of them. First it was waiting on missing chips and then it had the FDM recall. I just took delivery of my Bronco Sport after it was repaired last week nine months after I placed the original order in March. Ford is just now finishing repairing them after getting the replacement parts from the supplier.
Delivery tube cracking in tank on pump unit that's why, we just did our first one and the tech was jot happy so much undervehicle stuff had to come off
Sponsored

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What he said^^^^
You have to replace those often? I'm hoping the low pressure pump is generally reliable.

Mind you this isn't a specific worry, only that I had just read about someone else having to replace it and it made me wonder about the maverick.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a better question did they place the water pump inside the engine? If they did I’m not buying this car I just paid $3000 to replace a water pump in my 2016 Ford Explorer because Ford thought it was a genius idea to place the water pump inside/under the engine. Can someone please help if they know where the water pump is located?
I don’t know the locations. Are you asking for the Hybrid or EcoBoost? The hybrid should have 2 electric water pumps and be easy(ish) to replace. The EcoBoost will be connected to the drive belt and be a pain to pain.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
By the gas station. ~Ba dum bump chsh~

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was going to be my answer!!

Sponsored

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
The water pump is red pulley. Green is alternator. Blue is A/C compressor. Yellow are idler/tensioner.

Ford Maverick Where's the fuel pump? Project Capture (1)

FORD BOSS ME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
You have to replace those often? I'm hoping the low pressure pump is generally reliable.

Mind you this isn't a specific worry, only that I had just read about someone else having to replace it and it made me wonder about the maverick.
No we dont
Sponsored