Sponsored

Where is the power of pre-wired 12V outlet from?

topnude

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm wondering if the 12V power is from the starter 12V battery or High voltage hybrid battery by step down buck converter?

I'm asking because I want to hook up a small solar panel to the 12V outlet in the bed to keep the starter battery charged if that outlet is connected directly to starter battery.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The low voltage side is more or less all connected. But if you're anticipating being able to charge all the time you won't be able to through the bed pigtails. Those are only live when the key is on and for a brief period afterwards similar to the other accessory outlets like the USB and 12V cigarette plugs.

OP
OP

topnude

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the answer. It should be an easy hack from the fuse box with a multi-meter.

targetbreaker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The low voltage side is more or less all connected. But if you're anticipating being able to charge all the time you won't be able to through the bed pigtails. Those are only live when the key is on and for a brief period afterwards similar to the other accessory outlets like the USB and 12V cigarette plugs.
my pig tails show no volts both sides and switch is on. back to the dealer it goes.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
my pig tails show no volts both sides and switch is on. back to the dealer it goes.
My 12v leads also are broken. Fuse 84 was broken, checked today. I stupidly switched the fuse out with #71 (rear console power), so now I'm down 2 fuses and 2 power sources. I just had to pay $10 and a free trial of Prime to get a 5 pack of the 20A slotted M fuses for #71 (84 will stay broken), arriving Monday because I'm headed on a road trip next week. I just might be a moron, haha. Left a VM for Ford service. My accessory is a dual 12v outlet/usb switched box. I don't think that would blow a fuse? I did learn about the underhood fuse box at least, it will be easy now.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm asking because I want to hook up a small solar panel to the 12V outlet in the bed to keep the starter battery charged if that outlet is connected directly to starter battery.
Thanks for the answer. It should be an easy hack from the fuse box with a multi-meter.
Interesting idea, let us know how that goes. Doesn't sound easy to me, but I'd love to know more about it...
Sponsored