First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
West Columbia , late and will order when bank opens.. Did see my first Mav today. Jim Hudson has 2 customer ordered on site, salesman let me know so I went to look at. Black XLT hybrid waiting to be delivered. Should be "home" by now

Mother Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
In McCormick, took delivery on March 11, ordered July 8. Alto blue Lariat Hybrid. So far so good.

Sponsored

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else in SC have one coming July 9-16

Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT (waiting), 21 Sienna hybrid
You must have been enjoying the recent earthquakes.
I am in Columbia. Ordered at Jim Hudson Ford in Lexington
I almost ordered from Jim Hudson, be careful as they add $2500 of “accessories” to all of their new cars/trucks. Window tint, pinstripes, some gimmicky interior protection that is probably starching the seats for $999. Specifically asked them about not getting any of that, and they would not order me one without the $1k seat protection.
Bought a Tacoma from the Hudson dealership in Irmo last year and they did the same thing. I did get them to fold and not charge me for options that I couldn’t opt out of. Just food for thought.

Wylie61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I almost ordered from Jim Hudson, be careful as they add $2500 of “accessories” to all of their new cars/trucks. Window tint, pinstripes, some gimmicky interior protection that is probably starching the seats for $999. Specifically asked them about not getting any of that, and they would not order me one without the $1k seat protection.
Bought a Tacoma from the Hudson dealership in Irmo last year and they did the same thing. I did get them to fold and not charge me for options that I couldn’t opt out of. Just food for thought.
SC DEALERS ACT Title 56 56–15–30(

(1) To require a purchaser of a new motor vehicle, as a condition of sale and delivery thereof, to also purchase special features, appliances, equipment, parts or accessories not desired or requested by the purchaser;  provided, however, that this prohibition shall not apply as to special features, appliances, equipment, parts or accessories which are already installed on the car when received by the dealer;  provided, further, that the motor vehicle dealer prior to the consummation of the purchase reveals to the purchaser the substance of this item.

As they told you at ordering guess its "legal", but they will definitely lose my business over required "scotch guard".

Sponsored

Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am right there with you on that, it’s crazy that insist on doing that and give you no way to opt out. Having bought vehicles in several states previously, I have never seen anything like that before.
I called around and capitol in Columbia doesn’t do that, but had some iffy reviews. I ordered from a dealer in Greenville and will happily drive up and avoid the hassle. Figure you can buy a heck of a lot of gas with the $2500 savings.

Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SC DEALERS ACT Title 56 56–15–30(

(1) To require a purchaser of a new motor vehicle, as a condition of sale and delivery thereof, to also purchase special features, appliances, equipment, parts or accessories not desired or requested by the purchaser;  provided, however, that this prohibition shall not apply as to special features, appliances, equipment, parts or accessories which are already installed on the car when received by the dealer;  provided, further, that the motor vehicle dealer prior to the consummation of the purchase reveals to the purchaser the substance of this item.

As they told you at ordering guess its "legal", but they will definitely lose my business over required "scotch guard".
Just a heads up, they have another special order that arrived and someone backed out. This is the second in 2 weeks, my guess is because of $7000 market adjustment, and $2500 of pinstripes and scotch guard. I did press and they offered to move a whopping $500 on the price on the back of the near $10k markup.

Wylie61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a heads up, they have another special order that arrived and someone backed out. This is the second in 2 weeks, my guess is because of $7000 market adjustment, and $2500 of pinstripes and scotch guard. I did press and they offered to move a whopping $500 on the price on the back of the near $10k markup.
Now makes me wonder if they are marking up on ordering customer and they are walking away. Making me think I may need a different dealer. Another member said he refused $2500 add-ons and they folded and paid MSRP. Have not been getting response lately from them to inquiries . Asked for out the door cost for a hybrid escape and no response. Sucks that they have the upper hand, hopefully it will pass.

Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now makes me wonder if they are marking up on ordering customer and they are walking away. Making me think I may need a different dealer. Another member said he refused $2500 add-ons and they folded and paid MSRP. Have not been getting response lately from them to inquiries . Asked for out the door cost for a hybrid escape and no response. Sucks that they have the upper hand, hopefully it will pass.
Sorry to hear that! Drives me crazy that dealers are taking advantage of people like that. I hope things work out for you with them.
Sponsored