Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You can easily get an extended warranty from Ford through Granger Ford (https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com) or Flood Ford (https://www.floodfordesp.com/).

Tire protection is a rip off. Normally you would need to make 2- 3 claims before it gets close to paying for itself.

If you think you need gap insurance, contact your insurance company. You probably won't need it first because the car market is upside down, but if you need it later you can get something from your insurance company.

Speaking of insurance, DON'T GET THE DEATH POLICY FROM THE FINANCE DEPARTMENT! It's a rip off.

Other worthless things from the dealer are VIN etching, paint protection, nitrogen tire air.

Ford Maverick What will the dealer try to sell me 1683055970890
Sponsored

Skifletch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You brought back un-fond memories of a past life in Erie. The road salt was a nightmare for vehicles.

I had the dealer do my '79 Chevy van. It was horrible. Didn't last.
I had 10 year old '68 Mustang in that the only body rust was on a non-Ziebarted replacement fender.

I am sure the under coating materials are much better now. If I was to have it done, it would be by a reputable after market supplier. Or as in your case a dealer using a reputable after market supplier. I would want the warranty from the supplier.
Yeah, I was happy to have a local aftermarket supplier do it. Even factory coatings are better than they were in the '70s for sure. And still, the 2012 Forester I traded in for the Maverick had a nearly rusted through rear subframe and an exhaust held together by a prayer.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I was happy to have a local aftermarket supplier do it. Even factory coatings are better than they were in the '70s for sure. And still, the 2012 Forester I traded in for the Maverick had a nearly rusted through rear subframe and an exhaust held together by a prayer.
I don't think e-coating was in all Ford plants until the 80's.
The Maverick's body fully dipped in a water & primer pigment solution which gets into the nooks and crannies. Then it is baked.

Rust prevention from the factory is much better than what it was when I first started driving.
Sponsored