Sponsored

Did any of you sell your new Maverick to the dealer ?

OP
OP

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everyone is different, I would most likely respond $4.5k and then take any counter over "let's split the difference" or if no counter in five seconds respond with counter myself. But I am cheap and have been known to have my hamburger cut in half so I have 2 meals.
If there was a Cheapskate Hall of Fame, I would be one of the first inducted. Think equivalent of Babe Ruth, Tom Brady, Wayne Gretzky, or Michael Jordan.
Sponsored

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a whole lot wrong with your premise. First, your chance of getting a hybrid XL are likely slim to none due to the hybrid XL constraints (35% of Mavericks built will be hybrids and of those hybrids only 15% will be XLs). I am a roll-over from MY22 with a Priority 10 at my dealer and I put my chance of ever getting my Hybrid XL at 5% or so.

Next, why would the dealer pay you to walk away when they don't technically have to sell it to you in the first place? It would be very easy for most dealers to just make it so difficult for you that you walk away. If they are a reputable dealer, then most likely they would try to just give you a "discount" on one of their other offerings. Maybe something like "hey, you said you are no longer interested in a Maverick since you want something bigger. How about if you walk away from the Maverck we will give you a $4k discount towards an F150?".

There is the old saying "don't count your chickens before they hatch.". In this case, you don't even have the eggs. The eggs are owned by the neighbor next door who has said "in case we have more eggs than we can use at some point next year, we will sell you one.". More importantly, the neighbor doesn't even have a rooster ;-)

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If there was a Cheapskate Hall of Fame, I would be one of the first inducted. Think equivalent of Babe Ruth, Tom Brady, Wayne Gretzky, or Michael Jordan.
I have known some good ones. In particular one divorcee who would license his car, buy insurance which he cancelled when he got back, carry any flat tires on his bicycle to get aired up to go on vacation once a year. The rest of time he bicycled to work etc. The gas company came out and replaced his meter because they thought it was not working properly. ETC....

The Flush

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They don’t add ADM to customer orders.
Most don't, but there are several examples on MTC of people who were charged ADM on orders or who walked away from an order because of ADM (or over priced or worthless dealer add-ons)

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer said if I don't like it after a few months they would give me 5k over what I paid for it.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did any of you decide, for one reason or another, to sell your Maverick to your dealer when it arrived? Did you have to pay sales tax twice? How much over MSRP did you get?
I sold our FX4 Maverick to a dealer after about 4,900 miles because our Hybrid had arrived. They pretty much let me name my price (which was $4K over what I paid sticker msrp from a different dealership). They sold it that same evening. I don’t even want to know what someone paid for it lol. In CO you only pay sales tax when you buy not if you sell and if you trade in you only pay sales tax on the difference in tax due between your trade-in and new purchase.
Sponsored