First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If your vehicle is equipped with rear sensors, it tells you which area the sensors are detecting object(s)

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMG_2049.jpeg
What is the purpose of gray truck icon?
The "flying" truck represents the truck you are driving as seen by an imaginary drone overhead. The green near the red corner of the flying truck tells you that that corner is within the green area of the straight green line on that side of your driving truck. If you continue straight back the green marker near the flying truck will turn yellow to tell you that you are in the area of the straight yellow line. Likewise if you continue into the red area the marker near the flying truck will turn red. One more inch maybe less you will get a red line completely around the flying truck. When I see that I shift into drive and pull up. (I have never checked to see if I continue for a second inch IF THE COMPUTER WILL SET THE BRAKE LIKE I WOULD EXPECT!). Using the passenger mirror and the flying truck I back my truck into it's "HAIL STORM NEST"!
Ford Maverick What is the rear view camera icon for? IMG_20230622_174703
Ford Maverick What is the rear view camera icon for? IMG_20230622_174734
Ford Maverick What is the rear view camera icon for? IMG_20230622_174748

Last edited:

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
take shelter, was just reading about the golf ball sized hail there in Texas. :eek:
well that and the biannual power grid drama

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nobody seems to have answered the portion about the gray/white lines, which are trajectory, where the back end is going to go, based upon the steering wheel position. - There's also a dashed center line between them for the center point, for aligning a hitch when backing up.

Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last edited:

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
take shelter, was just reading about the golf ball sized hail there in Texas. :eek:
well that and the biannual power grid drama
The hail shed has 12 rodent bait traps and two high frequency screamers. There was hardball sized hail about 1/2 mile s of me. This summer power grid has been relatively good. Mainly due to reserve capacity is on standby not down for maintenance like 40% was in the winter two/three years ago. Also users can sign up to receive texts for requests to lower usage at critical times.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The hail shed has 12 rodent bait traps and two high frequency screamers. There was hardball sized hail about 1/2 mile s of me. This summer power grid has been relatively good. Mainly due to reserve capacity is on standby not down for maintenance like 40% was in the winter two/three years ago. Also users can sign up to receive texts for requests to lower usage at critical times.
I've been optimistically watching the power situation there as I have family in Texas. Sad to learn that wind power is being limited to just over 20% of ERCOTs needs because the transmission grid from the High Plains region needs work. Especially since natgas prices have doubled since Feb.

I use plastic milk jugs, weighted, with a 3/4" hole for rodent bait.

That kind of hail can be deadly. :rolleyes:

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been optimistically watching the power situation there as I have family in Texas. Sad to learn that wind power is being limited to just over 20% of ERCOTs needs because the transmission grid from the High Plains region needs work. Especially since natgas prices have doubled since Feb.

Solar is filling the void with almost no clouds in the last two months ;)

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see that Texas has gone big on grid storage batteries.
Didn't know that

But during this historic heat wave, it’s been all these new, low-cost wind, solar and batteries that have kept the grid afloat and Texans cool – in many cases saving lives. Solar and wind provided 35% of statewide power last Tuesday and generated a record 31,500 MW Wednesday, which more than covered the 9,600 MW of electricity lost when extreme heat knocked several natural gas and coal plants offline. And just as solar power started falling in the evening, batteries kicked in immediately to get Texas through the most difficult part of the day when the sun was setting but the ACs were still cranking.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anandg...aving-texas-in-the-heat-wave/?sh=127e288b21dd

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I worked pipeline right of way for 16 years Texas new Mexico and Louisiana. Takes 6-10 years easily more from "do we need pipeline" to "got er done". I spent 17 months (same motel getting 4 day weekend off every third week) adding extra width to existing ROW to add a second line for 59 miles in Texas someone else working adjacent state. My elec coop just finished several hundred miles of transmission line that was ongoing three years ago. Texas is BIG pipelines and electricity transmission lines are long = $$$$$$$$$ and only need excess power 4 months per year.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Didn't know that

But during this historic heat wave, it’s been all these new, low-cost wind, solar and batteries that have kept the grid afloat and Texans cool – in many cases saving lives. Solar and wind provided 35% of statewide power last Tuesday and generated a record 31,500 MW Wednesday, which more than covered the 9,600 MW of electricity lost when extreme heat knocked several natural gas and coal plants offline. And just as solar power started falling in the evening, batteries kicked in immediately to get Texas through the most difficult part of the day when the sun was setting but the ACs were still cranking.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anandg...aving-texas-in-the-heat-wave/?sh=127e288b21dd
Today Sat 8/5/23 things in Burnet county temp hit 107.6 that I saw at my location. My sav-a-watt meter dropped to 113 volts (my transformer is on a 15k single phase feed 1/2 mile off 3 phase feed which normally will be 122v). When I catch voltage as low as 116 I will turn my thermostat to 86°F in summer 50 in winter and WH off plus most lights. Mostly to reduce load on grid. In my coop there is an over subscribed option to pay a slight increased amount for green energy which will fund solar installation. That way coop can fund solar farm without upsetting those who don't want to pay extra for green current.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Today Sat 8/5/23 things in Burnet county temp hit 107.6 that I saw at my location. My sav-a-watt meter dropped to 113 volts (my transformer is on a 15k single phase feed 1/2 mile off 3 phase feed which normally will be 122v). When I catch voltage as low as 116 I will turn my thermostat to 86°F in summer 50 in winter and WH off plus most lights. Mostly to reduce load on grid. In my coop there is an over subscribed option to pay a slight increased amount for green energy which will fund solar installation. That way coop can fund solar farm without upsetting those who don't want to pay extra for green current.
Trust me all of you in the oven have my sympathy. 12 months in southern Arizona with a car with no AC, an apartment with a swamp cooler gives me some perspective. The outdoor pools were mostly deserted and the indoor ones packed. The riding stables wouldn't let the horses out except mornings and evenings.

Does the small amount you pay extra for Green buy you anything?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Trust me all of you in the oven have my sympathy. 12 months in southern Arizona with a car with no AC, an apartment with a swamp cooler gives me some perspective. The outdoor pools were mostly deserted and the indoor ones packed. The riding stables wouldn't let the horses out except mornings and evenings.

Does the small amount you pay extra for Green buy you anything?
I put bid in for 30% of last years average kwh but was oversubscribed and I did not get in. I don't remember all details. It does help by getting a credit for a portion of the ercot grid availability fees. The main advantage is you basically benefit with solar without installing it on your own property. Our coop paid for all the millions lost during the ice storms keeping the "normal" cost/kwh the same. Some was paid by reserves and the rest paid by a loan. In order to keep the AAA credit rating and the interest low the the Kwh On current usage has a "Temporary Storm Surcharge fee" of $0.007/kwh expected to be paid off this October, I believe. I got notice this month that my 2022 allocation for my portion of net profits is $157.20 which will be added to my profit share account. In Dec of each year a portion of my total allocations in my account can be credited to my dec bill. If I cancel my service (death or move away) I will get an annual check for my returned allocation which could be for ten or more years. The people who got really hurt bad in the winter storm were those who signed up with cost plus discounters ($19.99/mo plus Whatever current market price was/kwh). Really bad supply/demand situation developed in which there was limited supply. So price was raised until demand was reduced. What little uncontracted supply there was had a price of over $10k/kwh and the cost plus buyers that had signed up for auto bank drafts every time their bill got to $75 or whatever they agreed to would get drafted every day or hour or? I don't know what my exact rate is but is close to $0.11/kwh plus $22.50 meter fee.
Sponsored

Last edited: