First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll bet you have one of those tubular coolers that you put ice in and hang from a window
Nah, just the 4-60 AC. Put down all 4 windows and drive 60mph! :D Actually I do have and love AC. That is one of the creature comforts I gotta have. Do miss my "wing windows" though.

If you wanna really get into throwbacks, the VW had a window washer that got its pressure from a hose attached to the spare tire in the trunk (which of course was in the front). The heater was simply a vent that opened into the engine compartment to allow warm engine air into the passenger area, no fan. There was no such thing as push button start, but we did have "push start." When the battery was dead you could push the car, get it rolling and pop the clutch to start the engine. No can do with a modern car with an automatic transmission.

I love the new tech and ordered the Co-Pilot 360 on my XL, (which might prevent me from backing into something), but it would be nice if like it, things could be optioned as desired, not part of a "package" that throws in a buncha stuff you don't want to get the one thing you do. If Ford is going to go to a build-to-order sales model anyway, this ought not to be so hard. No cruise on the XL? Can"t get the less gaudy black interior on an XLT? Have to go to an XLT to get the Hot Pepper Red? :(

Wish I'd seen this guy's DIY though back in the early days! :D
Sponsored

Last edited:

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
OMG wing windows. Absolutely! One of civilization’s greatest losses!

Reactions: Edj
OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OMG wing windows. Absolutely! One of civilization’s greatest losses!
The only problem with wing windows was they were easily broken into. That happened with my VW. Someone pried one open, unlocked the car, and stole some of my stuff inside. :( Of course one good thing was if you locked your keys in the car you too could easily break in and the wing window was cheap to replace. :D

Walter56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
EMPI used to sell an extra lock for the VW Wing window
Sponsored