First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been through all the threads in this forum about floor liners, and have narrowed the choices to WeatherTech and TuxMat. There seems to be strong fan support for both. They're about the same price when you consider that WeatherTech charges shipping and TuxMat doesn't. Then there's the 'Made in the USA' issue. I've always put WeatherTech's in my vehicles - probably had a dozen or more sets for various vehicles, and have been well satisfied with performance. And TuxMat is 'out-of-stock' for the hybrid mats while I can get the WeatherTech's right away (not that this is an issue because I don't have the Mav yet - due to be built 2/8).

So bottom line, are the TuxMat's enough better than the WeatherTech's to justify waiting on them to come back in stock?
Sponsored

Jelvismc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been through all the threads in this forum about floor liners, and have narrowed the choices to WeatherTech and TuxMat. There seems to be strong fan support for both. They're about the same price when you consider that WeatherTech charges shipping and TuxMat doesn't. Then there's the 'Made in the USA' issue. I've always put WeatherTech's in my vehicles - probably had a dozen or more sets for various vehicles, and have been well satisfied with performance. And TuxMat is 'out-of-stock' for the hybrid mats while I can get the WeatherTech's right away (not that this is an issue because I don't have the Mav yet - due to be built 2/8).

So bottom line, are the TuxMat's enough better than the WeatherTech's to justify waiting on them to come back in stock?
I just got my Tuxmats last week…I have always used weather tech in my other vehicles but I like thesntuxmats more they aren’t slippery like the hard plastic WeatherTech uses. The coverage is incredible and it looks like part of the vehicle. I wish they were available for my other car.

Bigkeezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I sent an email to tuxmat asking if they knew when the mats would be back in stock. I was told they are looking at approximately late spring.

Personally, I don't care for the look of the rubber mats like weather tech. Someone posted earlier this week on 3D MAXpider mats that looked like a material similar to tuxmats. Thought I'd give them a shot and ordered them of Amazon. They should be here by next week.

Here's the link if interested in checking them out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0BCHF86Z4?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

AlzMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey 2013
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My biggest issue with hard plastic type mats is that they are not secured from the edges and have a tendency of curling over.
I have become a big fan of Tuxmats. This is my second Tuxmat set that I have installed in the Hybrid Maverick and I could not be happier.
When I ordered the truck in July 2021, I did not know about Tuxmat so I had ordered the OEM mats with the Hybrid.
After my first experience with the Tuxmats for 2022 Honda Civic, I was sure that I was going to order the Tuxmats for the Maverick as soon as they were in stock. I got the Tuxmats for the Maverick 3 months before the truck arrived.
I am very happy with them. I will post coverage pics

Sponsored

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the weather tech mats and have been impressed so far. The surface is somewhat textured so I was pleasantly surprised that they aren't slippery. Different strokes for different folks, though. Anything was a step up from the XL carpet lol.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I almost always buy weathertech. USA made, and only 25 miles from me. I can pickup there. They have a free coffee bar while you wait for your items to come up. We use their pet bowls too. They are the best. A company that really cares about quality. I just got the fitted window sunshields for my camper van from them.

Jelvismc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sent an email to tuxmat asking if they knew when the mats would be back in stock. I was told they are looking at approximately late spring.

Personally, I don't care for the look of the rubber mats like weather tech. Someone posted earlier this week on 3D MAXpider mats that looked like a material similar to tuxmats. Thought I'd give them a shot and ordered them of Amazon. They should be here by next week.

I just got my tux mats for my ecoboost last Friday 1-20-23…I love them

i just checked tuxmat availability and they are in stock to order, got mine last week incredible coverage

OP
OP
mktmgrjrm

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i just checked tuxmat availability and they are in stock to order, got mine last week incredible coverage
Out-of-stock for hybrid version.

Sponsored

RSM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2012 Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Received my TuxMat last week, now all I need is my Maverick. My production date has moved from This week to mid Feb

Bigkeezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got my tux mats for my ecoboost last Friday 1-20-23…I love them

Unfortunately it's just the ecoboost set that's in stock. Hybrid set is still out off stock.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
TuxMats are sooo good - I've never liked that formed plastic look of weathertech. These are my first TuxMats and I'm about to order another set for my wife's Taos. They really just look like part of the truck and clean up really well too.
Sponsored