Velocity blue delivered today

FirstHybrid

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
:);)I took delivery of my velocity blue hybrid today. I ordered it July 11th and received it today in Sunnyvale California. Sunnyvale Ford tried to mark it up $5,000!! I laughed and said sorry delivery charges are already on the bill. They said don't be mad, I laughed and said you're trying to charge me $5,000 over MSRP for a truck I waited 5 months for. Then they tried to sell me a ceramic clear coat for $1,200 when that can be done locally for $400 by a person that does Ferraris. Then they tried to add 3495 extended Care on my warranty bill without asking. Needless to say I save $9,000 by paying attention!! So lame and stupid to try to mark up a truck $5,000 that I ordered! Chips, are not my problem that is Ford's problem I don't have to pay for it!! Needless to say the salesman was a total moron and I thought we had gotten past all this before. Anyway love the truck so far drives like a car, great stereo! I will fill you in as I get used to it! Merry Christmas

Ford Maverick Velocity blue delivered today PXL_20211216_210654959
Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad you were able to talk them down, I know some dealerships are playing hardball on ADMs and not taking no for an answer. My build is very similar, VB XLT Hybrid. Looking forward to hearing how you like the driving experience and any quibbles you find with your Maverick. Hoping everyone else discovers all the issues before I pick mine up mid Feb :p

OP
OP
FirstHybrid

FirstHybrid

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Glad you were able to talk them down, I know some dealerships are playing hardball on ADMs and not taking no for an answer. My build is very similar, VB XLT Hybrid. Looking forward to hearing how you like the driving experience and any quibbles you find with your Maverick. Hoping everyone else discovers all the issues before I pick mine up mid Feb :p
I laughed at him, I said right here 1495 is delivery and destination charges. I said it's not my fault if Ford doesn't pay you enough or if you don't like working here. I said I'm not paying that I will sue you first. Other dealers are only charging $299 over MSRP that's fair. I have had many cars and bought many cars off Ford and you cannot do that legally. I would have walked I have a g63. But I needed a truck a gas sipper not a gas guzzler..

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I laughed at him, I said right here 1495 is delivery and destination charges. I said it's not my fault if Ford doesn't pay you enough or if you don't like working here. I said I'm not paying that I will sue you first. Other dealers are only charging $299 over MSRP that's fair. I have had many cars and bought many cars off Ford and you cannot do that legally. I would have walked I have a g63. But I needed a truck a gas sipper not a gas guzzler..
Yea I feel like in small claims at least you would be able to prove that the written documents you had constituted a contractual agreement. Not a lawyer... but in the middle of some pretty intense legal stuff myself.

OP
OP
FirstHybrid

FirstHybrid

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Yea I feel like in small claims at least you would be able to prove that the written documents you had constituted a contractual agreement. Not a lawyer... but in the middle of some pretty intense legal stuff myself.
Laugh out loud I've been through divorce and represented myself. I bought a 2002 mustang GT and at the shoe Ford lemon law, I bought a 2005 mustang GT first convertible in Northern California. I'm not a young whippersnapper but I am a horse trader. 💪🎄🥳🧑‍🌾

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Congrats! Picked up my hybrid last night. Grab some Cicero’s pizza to celebrate!

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats! For the truck and getting out of all that dealer bs. Im worried my dealer wont be as soft tbh. I feel like in this market they have all the power to force you to walk if they want. But my god that VB makes me want mine to come in soooo bad. Looks so sexy in that light

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4
I know the feeling 😕 they tried to mark up by adding crap I didn't want. The only thing I wanted was the interior plan and extended bumper to bumper coverage. Great color!! 👍🏼 here's my velocity blue fx4

Ford Maverick Velocity blue delivered today 20220123_175919

OP
OP
FirstHybrid

FirstHybrid

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Beautiful!! Yeehaw you will love it!!! Looks great!!
Sponsored