Unfortunate news from dealer for 2023 Hybrid Lariat

jibbersmav

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 780 Bertone, '01 Tundra, '95 FZJ80, '17 Bolt
California is banning ICEs. How many other states will follow? In California and soon other states if you want a new vehicle you will not be able to buy an ICE!
Good lord. Might want to reevaluate your media diet. Whoever told you "California is banning ICEs" is making you look like a fool now. To help you be less ignorant:

One state (CA) out of 50 has enacted a rule, that is subject to change, that in 13 (!) years from now, NEW vehicles will need to be zero emission.
Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Good lord. Might want to reevaluate your media diet. Whoever told you "California is banning ICEs" is making you look like a fool now. To help you be less ignorant:

One state (CA) out of 50 has enacted a rule, that is subject to change, that in 13 (!) years from now, NEW vehicles will need to be zero emission.
They're literally banning the sale of ICE vehicles in 2030, and a bunch of other states are following suit, but okay, sure, "it's only 13 years from now".

Also, that "one state" happens to be 1/10th of the population of the country.

I'm convinced you're just a deliberately belligerent troll at this point.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
California is banning ICEs. How many other states will follow? In California and soon other states if you want a new vehicle you will not be able to buy an ICE!
They are not banning plug in hybrids.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

NY already has a proposal to follow suit and prohibit the future sale of ICE automobiles too. Just one more reason to leave this state. They close power plants, prohibit the means to secure access to cleaner fuel sources, then later propose vehicles which produce even more demand on our poorly maintained infrastructure for increasingly expensive electricity.

That said, got word today that Ford in reviewing my order. Only one out of all orders they've placed. It doesn't mean it's heading to production, but others who have already received their orders said it was, in one instance a matter of days and another a couple months, before they received VINs and got scheduled for production.
Again, it may not mean anything, but it does mean Ford is starting to review orders and start determining what to build. That's good news for us all!

Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

wblynch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll make a wild ass guess that 80-90% of gas is used in metropolitan areas commuting to and from work. 20 million commuters a day in California alone. (Wild ass guess). If all those commuters switched to electric cars imagine the pollutants removed from the air and the lowered demand on gas and all the crap that goes along with it.

power generation is increasingly sourced by clean producers. Grid scale storage is improving monthly.

when gas powered cars appeared there weren’t enough filling stations. The first ones were drug stores and farm supplies. There weren’t roads. It wasn’t until the 1920s and 1930s that serious road building got under way. The Interstate Highway system was started in 1958.

point is EVs are definitely worth it right now. But some people still need a horse.

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ll make a wild ass guess that 80-90% of gas is used in metropolitan areas commuting to and from work. 20 million commuters a day in California alone. (Wild ass guess). If all those commuters switched to electric cars imagine the pollutants removed from the air and the lowered demand on gas and all the crap that goes along with it.

power generation is increasingly sourced by clean producers. Grid scale storage is improving monthly.

when gas powered cars appeared there weren’t enough filling stations. The first ones were drug stores and farm supplies. There weren’t roads. It wasn’t until the 1920s and 1930s that serious road building got under way. The Interstate Highway system was started in 1958.

point is EVs are definitely worth it right now. But some people still need a horse.
The US highways were built in the 1940's as a WW2 protection program linking the east and west for the movement of war supplies and in case of attack from Japan. (Am I not correct?)

wblynch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:
Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Unless states like California actually starts getting serious and builds nuclear, the increased demand on the grid will just stress California's already overstretched grid. They already had to ask EV owners to not charge their vehicles during the recent heat wave.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All 3 things have one thing in common... wait for my Maverick. So in the end I want what I built but I just have to decide what to do until then. I guess between options 2 and 3, I wonder what would have a better value in ~2 years?
RWD holds value less than 4x4 or AWD. I would hedge on the Maverick you are being offered depreciating the least between the 2 if the plan is to sell trade in ~2 years or less.

Sounds like you were going to purchase the Mav today, look forward to seeing what you decided on.

OP
OP

djcelex

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Silverado
RWD holds value less than 4x4 or AWD. I would hedge on the Maverick you are being offered depreciating the least between the 2 if the plan is to sell trade in ~2 years or less.

Sounds like you were going to purchase the Mav today, look forward to seeing what you decided on.
Well, it's basically a done deal. I haven't signed any paperwork yet but they offered me what I was wanting for my trade in and they let me drive the Maverick home. I was able to drive it around town quite a bit and really get a feel of it. It's so much different coming from a 2011 Silverado but I think I am really going to enjoy it. It's more than I really wanted to spend and has features I didn't really need/want. But I'm thinking the same as you, I think it will hold its value decently well.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, it's basically a done deal. I haven't signed any paperwork yet but they offered me what I was wanting for my trade in and they let me drive the Maverick home. I was able to drive it around town quite a bit and really get a feel of it. It's so much different coming from a 2011 Silverado but I think I am really going to enjoy it. It's more than I really wanted to spend and has features I didn't really need/want. But I'm thinking the same as you, I think it will hold its value decently well.
Careful, floor it too much and you will second guess the Hybrid haha! If my XL was a XLT I may of just kept it, but the jump from XL to Lariat Lux has me excited.

Real talk I drive like an old man 99% of the time anyway and try to get higher MPG's, so while the turbo is fun every once and awhile, the Hybrid will better suit me.

Congrats and enjoy it, even if it is a hold-you-over vehicle!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don,t change your order but contact as many local dealers as possible about putting your name on list for an order that is delivered but cancelled, it does happen!
Thanks to DC there most likely will be a lot of delivered but cancelled, I believe.
Sponsored