TX State Fair Auto Show

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Neighbor is sending me pictures from the State Fair right now. With the front seat all the way back, there is 6 inches between back seat and from seat. With the front seat all the way forward, there is 16 inches between the seats (but only 6 inches of knee space between the front seat and dash).
Glad to hear they have at least one there available to poke around in! I'll be going to the State Fair in a few weeks.

I recall when the Ranger was coming back, they had one on display, but it was surrounded by plexiglass barricades.
Sponsored

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Found the below picture on the NBC 5 website. It looks like the stuff there beside it is for demonstration? Would be nice to get inside that one since I ordered a velocity blue XLT.

2021-Auto-Show-37.jpg

From: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/state-fair-of-texas/photos-2021-texas-auto-show/2750044/
Thanks. XLT and my color.

I will be going next Thursday the 30th as that is $5 Senior Day at the fair.

Since parking is $20 I will be taking DART to/from the fair for a $3 day pass for Seniors.

Being retired and over 65 does have some benefits.

I plan to get there at 10:30 AM on Thursday hoping the crowd will be smaller as it is a weekday.

I plan to take many pictures and post them here.

BigDinTX

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot (ex wife's, not my choice)
Thanks. XLT and my color.

I will be going next Thursday the 30th as that is $5 Senior Day at the fair.

Since parking is $20 I will be taking DART to/from the fair for a $3 day pass for Seniors.

Being retired and over 65 does have some benefits.

I plan to get there at 10:30 AM on Thursday hoping the crowd will be smaller as it is a weekday.

I plan to take many pictures and post them here.
The only thing you'll need to "worry" about is what ISD has their "Fair Day" that day.

Have a safe trip! Enjoy the Fair and our little Trucklette!

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing you'll need to "worry" about is what ISD has their "Fair Day" that day.

Omg yes. Check which school district is there. And avoid Texas/OU weekend like the plague.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had a long talk with my neighbor this afternoon. It sounded like there were a total of 3 at the Fair of Friday. There is one behind a barrier in the convention hall and then the two shown in the picture above. She said the Ford reps she talked to were completely clueless on the Maverick. When she finally found the one at the convention hall, she asked if they had any more she could actually look at or get in. The quote from the Ford rep was "Don't know. Might try outside by the tractors. If we have another one here, that is probably where it would be.". I REALLY want to know who is manning the Ford booth. Is it actual Ford reps or do they leverage local dealerships to provide resources? Either way, the Maverick did not seem to be a high priority for them.

Last edited:

BigDinTX

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot (ex wife's, not my choice)
I'm not really surprised. Most Ford dealers I've talked to about the Maverick barely know how to process the order, let alone are being told when they are getting training on the Maverick. Ford really needs to step up and do a better job of communicating to their people. I know the dealerships aren't their responsibility, but dang.

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost
They have 4 Mavericks at the TX fair total. There is one Velocity blue inside behind barriers (you can’t sit in it or get close to it).
They also have 3 outside that you can sit in and check out. Two hybrids and a ecoboost They aren’t powered on at all. The colors of the ones outside are velocity blue, area 51 , and silver. They have a bronco sport inside in the Alto blue color if you want to see that color in person.

Some things I noticed..
1. They don’t keep the ones outside very clean. The insides are filthy also.
2. The inside seems very roomy to me. The interior feels just as spacious and more modern that the ranger. Just sits lower than the ranger.
3. The lariat “active-X” seats are most certainly brown and navy blue. Very unusual, but it’s different, and I like it. Although the seat material is not as nice as I had hoped. I don’t think it will ever be confused with real leather. They aren’t terrible or anything, just not as great as I had hoped. I’m spoiled to keyless start, so I’m stuck with the lariat trim.
4. The cloth seats in the XLT are really nice. I think I actually preferred them to the active-x seats. Like I said, if I didn’t want some of the other features in the laroat, I might switch to XLT.
5. All the wheels they have looked really nice.
6. Velocity blue is very bright in person and in the sun. Alto blue is really dark, but nice. It actually has some green in the color in person.
7. The reps outside made sure and tell everyone that those were “pre-production” units. They said they had to work hard to get them there for everybody to see. Not really sure that anything much will have changed since the pre-production units.

I will upload a few pictures later…

Last edited:

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
They have 4 Mavericks at the TX fair total. There is one Velocity blue inside behind barriers (you can’t sit in it or get close to it).
They also have 3 outside that you can sit in and check out. Two hybrids and a ecoboost They aren’t powered on at all. The colors of the ones outside are velocity blue, area 51 , and silver. They have a bronco sport inside in the Alto blue color if you want to see that color in person.

Some things I noticed..
1. They don’t keep the ones outside very clean. The insides are filthy also.
2. The inside seems very roomy to me. The interior feels just as spacious and more modern that the ranger. Just sits lower than the ranger.
3. The lariat “active-X” seats are most certainly brown and navy blue. Very unusual, but it’s different, and I like it. Although the seat material is not as nice as I had hoped. I don’t think it will ever be confused with real leather. They aren’t terrible or anything, just not as great as I had hoped. I’m spoiled to keyless start, so I’m stuck with the lariat trim.
4. The cloth seats in the XLT are really nice. I think I actually preferred them to the active-x seats. Like I said, if I didn’t want some of the other features in the laroat, I might switch to XLT.
5. All the wheels they have looked really nice.
6. Velocity blue is very bright in person and in the sun. Alto blue is really dark, but nice. It actually has some green in the color in person.
7. The reps outside made sure and tell everyone that those were “pre-production” units. They said they had to work hard to get them there for everybody to see. Not really sure that anything much will have changed since the pre-production units.

I will upload a few pictures later…
Thanks for the rundown, I'm be heading out tomorrow to look. I'm starting to get nervous having never seen one and I definitely need a new vehicle soon since I got in a wreck on Tuesday and my current vehicle is probably totaled.

Sponsored

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester

Video from the fair. It shows the Mavericks on display.

The guy that posted it mentioned that is odd that Ford had no representative present to answer media questions despite all the new models that Ford has coming out this year.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I was really excited to finally get to see and sit in the Maverick at the state fair today. I was really surprised at how I felt seeing it in person. Mostly I felt like pictures do not do this truck justice. The lines and curves are subtle, but feel very masculine compared to what I thought it would look like from the pictures. Overall I was even more impressed with it's looks both inside and out.

The interior, especially on the XLT, is really great, IMHO. Fears that the navy would be strange or that the plastic would look cheap are overblown, I think. I was really impressed with how comfortable it was from the drivers seat, and it was very generous for me, even at 6'3" and 200lbs. I really loved the way it looked and felt. As someone who usually buys older used cars, soft touch plastic does not age well in hot places like Texas, but the maverick should not have that problem, and I think it is great looking to boot. The backseat isn't as roomy, especially once I adjusted the seat for me, but it is as spacious as most midsize trucks, if not more so.

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 4

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 5

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 6

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 7

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 8

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 9

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 10

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 11

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 12

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 3

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 4

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 1

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 3

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 2

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 5

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Iconic Silver XLT Maverick 6

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 1

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Velocity Blue Maverick Texas State Fair Auto Show 2

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Area 51 First Edition Maverick 1

Ford Maverick TX State Fair Auto Show Area 51 First Edition Maverick 2

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Any idea in how I can find out which if any ISD's has their "Fair Day" on September 30th.

I tried Googling but that didn't get me anywhere.
Sponsored