2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is there any way to find out if there will be a Maverick at the State Fair Auto Show. I'd pay the admission just to actually sit in one. I'm 5'2" and I have seen several comments about how tall guys fit in the truck, but I have the opposite problem!
Sponsored

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I would be absolutely shocked if they didn't have one, but have not seen anything official.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford would be absolutely crazy if they didn't bring and showcase the Maverick. I have been hanging my hat on seeing all 3, heck maybe, 4 trims; XL, XLT, Lariat, and FE.

OP
OP

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford would be absolutely crazy if they didn't bring and showcase the Maverick. I have been hanging my hat on seeing all 3, heck maybe, 4 trims; XL, XLT, Lariat, and FE.
I'm REALLY hoping to sit in one, any trim level. But it would be fun to see the color I ordered in person (too much to ask?).
We have all these pics of 6' + men in the truck, but I'm 5'2" and have the opposite problem - issues being comfortable with the pedal height off the floor and the steering wheel being in my lap since the seat is about all the way forward.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I'm REALLY hoping to sit in one, any trim level. But it would be fun to see the color I ordered in person (too much to ask?).
We have all these pics of 6' + men in the truck, but I'm 5'2" and have the opposite problem - issues being comfortable with the pedal height off the floor and the steering wheel being in my lap since the seat is about all the way forward.
At least bed access was designed for the 5th percentile of women, hard to imagine some other design criteria radically being different in the drivers position

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you’re in Dallas get down to the Sheraton Downtown Dallas, Olive and Live Oak. The Sheraton is hosting a HUGE Ford dealer event. I was able to sneak in, can’t say they’ll let you walk in, but they have probably 12-14 Mavs on-site. The dealers are taking test drives on the street. Also, saw a bunch on Mavs in the parking garage. The Ford trainers on the street are super nice, if you ask nicely they may let you sit in one for a few minutes.

OP
OP

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you’re in Dallas get down to the Sheraton Downtown Dallas, Olive and Live Oak. The Sheraton is hosting a HUGE Ford dealer event. I was able to sneak in, can’t say they’ll let you walk in, but they have probably 12-14 Mavs on-site. The dealers are taking test drives on the street. Also, saw a bunch on Mavs in the parking garage. The Ford trainers on the street are super nice, if you ask nicely they may let you sit in one for a few minutes.
Any idea if they will be there Friday? Can't make it until lunch Friday due to work schedule.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any idea if they will be there Friday? Can't make it until lunch Friday due to work schedule.
I don't know the dates. It would make sense for them to be there Friday too, a 2 day event doesn't seem long enough if it were in fact to end today.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only 5 days left until we will officially know how many Mavs they have at the Fair. But who’s counting. Also, can’t wait for a corny dog!!

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The Texas State Fair Auto Show starts this weekend. Anyone planning on going? If you do let us know if there is a Maverick. Take some pics! I'm not able to go until next weekend.

Sponsored

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My neighbor is going on opening day. Asked her to sit in the back to see how roomy it is. Also hoping she can measure from the edge of the back seat to the front seat (with the front seat all the way back, as well as roughly middle position). Have a teen son so concerned it might be a tight fit for long drives. I will post if I hear anything.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Alright, who's been or going? I need to know what they have. 🙂

OP
OP

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Alright, who's been or going? I need to know what they have. 🙂
Opened at about noon today. I'll be going, but I'll put more of a priority on getting there if I hear they have one you can actually sit in, and even more of a priority of you can adjust the seat. If it's just up on a pedestal and you can't play with it - I'll wait for cooler weather.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Neighbor is sending me pictures from the State Fair right now. With the front seat all the way back, there is 6 inches between back seat and from seat. With the front seat all the way forward, there is 16 inches between the seats (but only 6 inches of knee space between the front seat and dash).

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost
Neighbor is sending me pictures from the State Fair right now. With the front seat all the way back, there is 6 inches between back seat and from seat. With the front seat all the way forward, there is 16 inches between the seats (but only 6 inches of knee space between the front seat and dash).
Awesome news! I was hoping they had one there. Did they say how many they had and what colors?
Sponsored