First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have an EcoBoost AWD FX4 but couldn’t resist it’s hybrid brother at the dealership (that I originally ordered almost a year ago lol).
If you’re still deciding…. Go for the hybrid!

complaints - the spray in bed liner was much nicer than the drop-in they switched to. Also, the Lariat/FX4 instrument cluster screen is soooo much nicer looking than the hybrid screen.

Ford Maverick TWINS! 2F60610A-B5B4-4662-80EE-FA5D790A6D89

To update, we sold the EcoBoost. Back to a local Ford dealer. Was inundated with local offers & I frankly didn’t want to deal with it. They gave me $2500 over the msrp I paid for it - for a used car with 4,000 miles lol. Insanity. The hybrid is the better choice - hands down. Hopefully ford ends the EcoBoost nonsense and offers just hybrid FWD and hybrid AWD and tell folks if you need to tow- get a ranger or f-series. I’m sure they could even bump these to 3500lbs with a well designed hybrid system. Just my thoughts.
The Maverick even in front wheel drive hybrid is by far the most practical, versatile, and a best vehicle I’ve owned even over our prior F150.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why do I get jealous of people’s new Mavs when I already have one!? Congrats! Those are twins like Devito and Arnold. Did the forum help you decide what to do? Keeping both?

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First World Problems!!!

Enjoy the Mav's

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats!
Once you have some more time behind the wheel more feedback between the two would be great. You are one of the few to own both.
(I haven’t even got to drive one yet and only sat in a lariat trim, lol).

Sponsored

OP
OP
mrjspence

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why do I get jealous of people’s new Mavs when I already have one!? Congrats! Those are twins like Devito and Arnold. Did the forum help you decide what to do? Keeping both?
Absolutely! I’ve decided to keep the hybrid as much as I’ve loved the FX4 version (it’s truly fantastic)

I have a guilty conscience with 2 in the driveway but the orange one will be going soon. I’m just going to switch the soft bed cover over to hybrid, same w/ mud flaps, and swap the floor mats (orange has the nice branded rubber ones).

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Absolutely! I’ve decided to keep the hybrid as much as I’ve loved the FX4 version (it’s truly fantastic)

I have a guilty conscience with 2 in the driveway but the orange one will be going soon. I’m just going to switch the soft bed cover over to hybrid, same w/ mud flaps, and swap the floor mats (orange has the nice branded rubber ones).
I think you are making the right choice. Does your X have AWD and towing capability?

pmoore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The floor mats are different between a Hybrid and Ecoboost models. The floor boards are different.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have an EcoBoost AWD FX4 but couldn’t resist it’s hybrid brother at the dealership (that I originally ordered almost a year ago lol).

complaints - the spray in bed liner was much nicer than the drop-in they switched to. Also, the Lariat/FX4 instrument cluster screen is soooo much nicer looking than the hybrid screen.

2F60610A-B5B4-4662-80EE-FA5D790A6D89.jpeg
My gift to the proud parents—

https://www.maverickbicycles.com/product/maverick-cycles-bottle

Sponsored
OP
OP
mrjspence

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you are making the right choice. Does your X have AWD and towing capability?
The orange one is an FX4 XLT w/ Lux package + sunroof and slide rear window. Hybrid exactly same minus drivetrain difference and add CoPilot.
FX4 does NOT have 4K tow which I absolutely would add in hindsight if I was dead set on having the AWD… otherwise the point is moot in my mind. To me I’m getting a almost double efficient truck in exchange for AWD. With front wheel drive I’m fine with that. Wouldn’t do it for rwd only.

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

So you're getting a third Mav? If so, keeping all three or selling the existing FX4 (assume you're keeping the Hybrid??)

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
The orange one is an FX4 XLT w/ Lux package + sunroof and slide rear window. Hybrid exactly same minus drivetrain difference and add CoPilot.
FX4 does NOT have 4K tow which I absolutely would add in hindsight if I was dead set on having the AWD… otherwise the point is moot in my mind. To me I’m getting a almost double efficient truck in exchange for AWD. With front wheel drive I’m fine with that. Wouldn’t do it for rwd only.
Orange one? Where? I see red and blue.

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

2F60610A-B5B4-4662-80EE-FA5D790A6D89.jpeg
Is that Rapid Red?

Mikeysd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Laiat pepper red Lux package 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a second one on order now that has a built date for the 9th this month. I already have my first one.
Sponsored