Sponsored

Tuners, Aftermarket Chips — Do They Work?

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why can't people just be happy with the way it is intended as built by the manufacturer 🤔
Because we would still be walking in bare feet all our lives. Man was given a brain that does more than control instincts. We always want more and better.
Sponsored

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t believe that you’re going to be able to increase fuel economy since all manufacturers spend a lot time with engine calibration to optimize every bit to improve this - however yes you can increase power since Ford (all manufacturers) tries to make consumers happy with noise vibration harshness and warranties and trying to get better fuel economy leaving a little less power. Engine is a big air pump increase your intake (cold air or anything to lessen the restrictions) and then helping turbo which pushes in more air and the colder/more dense the better which also then needs exhaust open to flow better but all that comes with more fuel use age… yes a good tuner can work more power and yes different exhaust and intake tube/filter etc helps more power & sounds more aggressive too. There’s a few companies here on the site that have proof with test results for any of their products available to show what they do
I can't speak on the Maverick but I used to have a 2017 Civic. I had put a HonDATA tuner on it and not only did it make the car much more fun to drive, I consistently saw a 3-4mpg increase vs stock. So idk, take it for what that's worth.
Sponsored