Sponsored

TruXedo tonneau roll up cover - feedback / reviews?

Maverick_316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid
Is it a good thing that the rubber weather strip is real snug against the top of the tailgate to the point you have to tug on the tailgate to open it? My thinking is it makes for a better seal to prevent water from seeping in, but having never owned a truck before I thought I'd ask the community.
Mine does the same. Just installed it. How is yours making out?
Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine does the same. Just installed it. How is yours making out?
Funny thing happened. After applying some 303 to the plastic trim on the tailgate, it no longer is an issue. Haven't had a problem since. No leakage either.

Maverick_316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid
Funny thing happened. After applying some 303 to the plastic trim on the tailgate, it no longer is an issue. Haven't had a problem since. No leakage either.
How about up front by the bulkhead meets the rockers?

Maverick_316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid
I just adjusted mine to be butted up against it. Was getting some water in from the corners from where the rocker meets the bulkhead.

When I close the tailgate it has a much tighter seal now
Are your side rails totally flush with the rocker panel or hangs over a little

Ford Maverick TruXedo tonneau roll up cover - feedback / reviews? PXL_20221202_165644441

Ford Maverick TruXedo tonneau roll up cover - feedback / reviews? PXL_20221202_165652218

PeteSJCA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is it a good thing that the rubber weather strip is real snug against the top of the tailgate to the point you have to tug on the tailgate to open it? My thinking is it makes for a better seal to prevent water from seeping in, but having never owned a truck before I thought I'd ask the community.
Mine is great and I installed it in less than an hour! Not watertight, but hey it's a truck. It's TruXedo Sentry CT.

Ford Maverick TruXedo tonneau roll up cover - feedback / reviews? PXL_20221018_201243237
Ford Maverick TruXedo tonneau roll up cover - feedback / reviews? PXL_20221018_201

Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Maverick_316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid
Just minor water intrusion at the corners.
How flush is the seal by the hook to the rocker panel? Just adjusted mine to. Be flush in the back and slight over hang toward the cab

Maverick_316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid
I have Ford-branded TruXport. If properly installed, it fits and seals well.

As some others have explained, the main areas of concern are getting the cover aligned (centered) on the back rail, applying the sealing gasket across the top of the bed (between the SIBL if equipped), and getting the cover installed in the correct fore and aft position. Mine has about an inch between the rear of cab (glass) and the cover.
It fits, seals, and looks great.
Does yours flap at all?

Sponsored

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had one on my Tacoma. I was pleased with it; it held up well through 8 winters in the mid-atlantic and 2 summers in FL. Was getting toward the end of it's life when I sold the truck a few months ago.

Maverick_316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid
No. Depending on how taut it is (varies with temperature), it may have some light ripples, but no flap.
Got it.

Yeah I noticed over forty it ripples a little bit.

I made it as taut as possible. Today was warmer then its been and it looked tighter then it was when it was colder.
Sponsored