Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Had some free time after doing laundry today and the dogs were needing a break from the back of the Tremor. So I drove down to the Maui Raceway Park to see how its doing. Its right behind the National Guard base on Maui. It uses and old air strip as a Dragway. Has a dirt circle track, a RC track, a Kart track, a RC airplane field, and a dirt bike track. There is also alot of old munitions bunkers and other features that dirt bikers have been carving out for years. Its a fun lil place to get your tires dirty and take a break.

The Tremor handled any bit that it fit on. Hills up to 18 degrees, some cross ruts and dips and such. Pretty views though and the HPR matches the red dirt so well!!

Ford Maverick Tremor offroading on dirtbike playground! IMG_20230905_134545_974
Ford Maverick Tremor offroading on dirtbike playground! IMG_20230905_134531_292
Ford Maverick Tremor offroading on dirtbike playground! IMG_20230905_134506_321
Ford Maverick Tremor offroading on dirtbike playground! IMG_20230905_134431_468
Ford Maverick Tremor offroading on dirtbike playground! IMG_20230905_134157_368
Ford Maverick Tremor offroading on dirtbike playground! IMG_20230905_134140_734
Ford Maverick Tremor offroading on dirtbike playground! IMG_20230905_134133_995
Sponsored

Last edited:

Joliet Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JolietMike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own 2023 Lariat Eco...Ordered 2023/24 XLT HYBRID
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had some free time after doing laundry today and the dogs were needing a break from the back of the Tremor. So I drove down to the Maui Raceway Park to see how its doing. Its right behind the National Guard base on Maui. It uses and old air strip as a Dragway. Has a dirt circle track, a RC track, a Kart track, a RC airplane field, and a dirt bike track. There is also alot of old munitions bunkers and other features that dirt bikers have been carving out for years. Its a fun lil place to get your tires dirty and take a break.

The Tremor handled any bit that it fit on. Hills up to 18 degrees, some cross ruts and dips and such. Pretty views though and the HPR matches the red dirt so well!!

IMG_20230905_134545_974.jpg
IMG_20230905_134531_292.jpg
IMG_20230905_134506_321.jpg
IMG_20230905_134431_468.jpg
IMG_20230905_134157_368.jpg
IMG_20230905_134140_734.jpg
IMG_20230905_134133_995.jpg
Wow, really,really nice picks. Mav handle it well? I have same color. It's the only color that goes with the desert brown interior. Hope all will get back to norm soon.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wow, really,really nice picks. Mav handle it well? I have same color. It's the only color that goes with the desert brown interior. Hope all will get back to norm soon.
It handles everything well. Really if it fits it moves. I havent done alot of mud yet but so far in soft dirt, rock, steep gravel, and sand it just keeps moving. Something does have to be done about the departure angle. I honestly want to lift the rear 2 or more inches and the front 1.5-2". Hopefully soon I can put airbags in the back to help for now. Maybe one day I can make a rear bumper for it. For now it just plain comfy fun. The red is so beautiful, most of our dirt here is the redder brown and it just works with it. Even dirty!

The island is still just dealing with the losses and working forward. The worst tragedies are behind us, hopefully families can rebuild their lands and themselves soon. Some tourists are returning and helping to stabilize the economy. Things will get better.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Something does have to be done about the departure angle. I honestly want to lift the rear 2 or more inches and the front 1.5-2". Hopefully soon I can put airbags in the back to help for now. Maybe one day I can make a rear bumper for it.
It is what worries me most when going up any decent grade. I'm afraid I'm going to rip the rear bumper cover clear off and there aren't any aftermarket options to replace it!

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is what worries me most when going up any decent grade. I'm afraid I'm going to rip the rear bumper cover clear off and there aren't any aftermarket options to replace it!
:eek: hear ya
going up, the rear tires are already on the slope which helps, going down is where I've had issues on other vehicles when the tires get to the flat the bumper/hitch is still on the slope but I suppose it's an equal thing.
Too bad Ford made a truck with SUV bumpers. On the Sport forum a number of owners have destroyed the soft front bumper cover.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
:eek: hear ya
going up, the rear tires are already on the slope which helps, going down is where I've had issues on other vehicles when the tires get to the flat the bumper/hitch is still on the slope but I suppose it's an equal thing.
Too bad Ford made a truck with SUV bumpers. On the Sport forum a number of owners have destroyed the soft front bumper cover.
They do it on the Big Broncos too. My Base Sasquatch (and all Sasquatch non-BD or Badlands) come with a plastic rear bumper cover - but at least it wasn't basically integrated to the body panels like the Maverick's is.

I see no good way to take the bumper cover off and replace it with a steel bumper.

If there is anything that truly bugs me about the Maverick (especially my Tremor) and what makes it "less truck like" to me is the lack of front and rear steel bumpers - or at least a real front skid/chin for the Tremor.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Dont tell my wife but I did catch it a little on a side hill cross rut drop off testing its 2 wheel balancing. Just popped the plastic in the corner a bit. It all popped back straight with ease. But yeah, its fragile back there.

There is that guy who made a tucked aluminum rear bumper but never gave us and real details on it. I was actually thinking myself about finding a salvage rear bumper cover. Then trimming it up and seeing if I couldnt fabricate something more robust mounted a little better without doing any drilling on the chassis. That way it can be returned to stock if ever needed. Or I just do a even 2 inch lift and add airbags and on the fly air pump.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
here ya go, get'er done 😁 I'm thinking a double tube setup with wrapped ends

Ford Maverick Tremor offroading on dirtbike playground! Ford-Maverick-Trailer-Hitch

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

here ya go, get'er done 😁 I'm thinking a double tube setup with wrapped ends

Ford-Maverick-Trailer-Hitch.jpg
Yep that won't be too hard. Once my wife lets me tear it apart lol.

Sponsored

RZ2O16

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot EX & 2020 Subaru Outback Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Why won't your wife let you thrash the Tremor?
It's really her comfy daily driver. But really it's our first new vehicle, and we have never had that much immediate debt. I also just have to wait till she roughs it up a bit and gets through a couple dealership checkups. Then I can get into the hardcore things on it. I don't want to do any irreversible mods til she's comfortable with it. We also have a very happy marriage and I like to keep it that way. 8 years and she's never given me an evil eye lol!

RZ2O16

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot EX & 2020 Subaru Outback Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's really her comfy daily driver. But really it's our first new vehicle, and we have never had that much immediate debt. I also just have to wait till she roughs it up a bit and gets through a couple dealership checkups. Then I can get into the hardcore things on it. I don't want to do any irreversible mods til she's comfortable with it. We also have a very happy marriage and I like to keep it that way. 8 years and she's never given me an evil eye lol!
That's reasonable.

RevNation

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lived in Honolulu for many years and never knew about this place. Looks cool!

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Lived in Honolulu for many years and never knew about this place. Looks cool!
Well it is on Maui. But yeah we do have a racetrack. We would even occasionally have racers from Oahu ship their vehicles over occasionally. It may be smaller on the action scale but I have never been to a track with a more beautiful background.
Sponsored