Shane_T29

Shane_T29

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT w/ Lux Pkg & Tow Pkg
Dang. I've had mine updated, but I don't get any kind of indication of changing the gain settings (other than feeling it in the brakes). My local dealer sucks in that they don't do appointments and it's a 7-10 day waiting period for diagnostic services right now (and they make you leave your vehicle for that time).
Thats a major inconvenience not know what setting you actually need. Id definitely let them know.

Wow that's a crazy waiting period. Any they make you leave it? I've never heard of that, I wouldn't be able to leave my vehicle for that long while waiting for them to look at it.

My dealer schedules a time and I just drop it off
Sponsored

pmcdonald387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey everyone,

We came back from our first weekend camping with our first trailer behind the Maverick.

Its a 2003 R-Vision Trail Lite Bantam 19 ft. hybrid, weighing 2500lb dry, roughly 3000lb filled I estimate. Its a little bigger than we originally planned on getting, but it was a deal we couldn't pass up. Filled up it squatted the truck about an inch.

IMG_20220613_204550_422.jpg

The brake controller appeared to work fine when we picked it up a few weeks ago. We had the reprogramming done two weeks ago and it still works perfectly.

We were/still are (possibly??) battling a brake light issue where the brake lights are coming on in the truck after exceeding 20km/h after stopping, however it appeared to be intermittent. We didn't have anyone yelling at us that our lights are on throughout the weekend. No other issues so far though with 13 000 km.

The Mav towed the trailer really well, with more get up and go than I would have thought while towing.
We had it in tow/trailer mode the entire time and it chugged along @ 95km/h no problem whatsoever for about 2 hours.

I don't think id want to pull anything larger as it got pretty wiggly with some strong side wind on the way home.

Fuel mileage was not great, but I also didn't really know what to expect:

PXL_20220626_233202025.jpg

Pic is after filling up just before getting home.

18.8L/100km , or roughly 12 mpg. We were around 16L/100 on the way there I believe, but the drive home was super windy with head and sidewinds.

Overall though we were really surprised how well this little sucker pulled!!

Overall, (aside from brake controller recalls) I would not be afraid to tow with these trucks at all if you have the 2.0 & tow package. We seem to have dodged the ongoing brake controller issues some of you have continued to have even after the reprogramming.

Lets just hope gas prices come down at some point to offset that 12MPG 😬
That's pretty similar mpg as I got with my lariat with towing and off road packages hauling a 16.5 ft trailer that's about 2700 lb dry + another 350 of other stuff. I have an anti sway bar for handling on the road. The truck did great going to our destination but lost substantial power about half way home. It goes into the shop tomorrow to diagnose.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So this may seem random but Im trying to see if you can tow with the tail gate down and not hit the hitch or trailer? can one of the homies check on this or comment on it? my plan was to haul a pop up with dirtbikes in the the bed but i got to thinking that may not even be possible? since the hitch is recessed, when the tail gate is down I'm afraid that it'll smack the hitch of the trailer or any other sort of misalignment. I mean worst comes to worse I build and design a rough camper out of a enclosed trailer that can hold the bikes but the pop up was my first idea.

mcarneybsa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Thats a major inconvenience not know what setting you actually need. Id definitely let them know.

Wow that's a crazy waiting period. Any they make you leave it? I've never heard of that, I wouldn't be able to leave my vehicle for that long while waiting for them to look at it.

My dealer schedules a time and I just drop it off
My dealer makes you leave the car until they get to it, and conveniently charges for rental cars during that time. A$$holes. I found another dealer that actually does appointments, so I'll be driving a couple towns over for that one.
Sponsored