JoeRon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 1900 miles on on my 2024 Xlt hybrid. This morning my touch screen went blank after the ford logo comes on. When I put it in reverse the video works but when I put it in drive the image freezes and stays on when I put it in drive. Anybody else experiencing this
thanks
Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nope, haven't seen this issue.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 1900 miles on on my 2024 Xlt hybrid. This morning my touch screen went blank after the ford logo comes on. When I put it in reverse the video works but when I put it in drive the image freezes and stays on when I put it in drive. Anybody else experiencing this
thanks
It's not uncommon, Re-boot it.

Youtube Link: MiniPix US V53 16x9 VO1 (youtube.com)

good luck...

Last edited:

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To reboot, hold down the infotainment system's Power button & Seek Forward buttons until it begins the reboot (Ford splash screen appears).

Yellow318

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cyber Orange EB AWD Lairat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The reboot will work but it will happen again. Mine does it maybe 1 time every 3 start ups. Was not a problem until I updated my radio. Keep us updated. If you give the truck a bit to boot up and don’t take off quickly it helps.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JoeRon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks all for the info !

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
thanks
Good morning. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this touch screen concern on my end?

Sharksforarms

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This happens at least once a day for me. Rebooting the screen fixed it for the drive...

The screen worked perfectly until a few months ago when it started reverting to Auto instead of Night mode and defaulting to AM radio after restarts regardless of my desired settings. Shortly after, screen started going blank constantly.

Yellow318

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cyber Orange EB AWD Lairat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This happens at least once a day for me. Rebooting the screen fixed it for the drive...

The screen worked perfectly until a few months ago when it started reverting to Auto instead of Night mode and defaulting to AM radio after restarts regardless of my desired settings. Shortly after, screen started going blank constantly.
yeah I noticed that too with mine. I had forgotten about that. Now I get the random check the back seat for passengers alarm but turning it off does nothing, it comes right back. I feel like an update would take care of this issue.

Mdavis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
thanks
It's a known Ford problem. You will most likely need the APIM replaced

Sponsored

First Sergeant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid 2014 Toyota 4Runner Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Got this off Google. Couldn't quite remember after my 3rd whiskey sour this evening. Hope it's correct!
It’s a small computer module unique to Ford vehicles. The Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) is typically located under the center console. It receives inputs from a variety of sensors, some hardwired directly to it, while most are sent over the bus communications system from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). These inputs allow the module to communicate with the steering wheel controls, the radio, navigation system and the consumer's personal cell phone via Bluetooth.

Mdavis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WTH is the APIM ?
Accessory Protocol Interface Module. Ford/Lincoln has A LOT of problems with them. I write service for Lincoln, and we get cars everyday with your issues. Probably will need a new module.