Took delivery today!

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV Fusion, Hybrid Fusion, Mustang GT, Miata
Took delivery today of a XL hybrid today that we ordered in June. Inskeep Ford in Greenfield Indiana was stellar through the entire process! Fun story here.. 21 year old me bought a new 1997 F150 at the same dealership 25 years ago, and today my 21 year old son has purchasing this Maverick! We were able to combine his college student rebate with my mom's Z plan discount and 0% for 36 months. No mark ups.. and the dealer threw in 2 years of complimentary maintenance!

I'm a big dork, so I had the sales guy take our picture with the window stickers from my first new truck and my son's first new truck. Oh, to be 21 again! :)

Ford Maverick Took delivery today! 20220108_161151
Sponsored

HybridOnOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be: Maverick XLT, Lux PKG, Moonroof, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took delivery today of a XL hybrid today that we ordered in June. Inskeep Ford in Greenfield Indiana was stellar through the entire process! Fun story here.. 21 year old me bought a new 1997 F150 at the same dealership 25 years ago, and today my 21 year old son has purchasing this Maverick! We were able to combine his college student rebate with my mom's Z plan discount and 0% for 36 months. No mark ups.. and the dealer threw in 2 years of complimentary maintenance!

I'm a big dork, so I had the sales guy take our picture with the window stickers from my first new truck and my son's first new truck. Oh, to be 21 again! :)

20220108_161151.jpg

Absolutely ADORABLE! 😻

docsmith1511

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT LUX velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20220108_161151.jpg
What was the price difference between the two?

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good job dad!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nathan

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like a big stalker, I showed up at the dealership right after the transport driver. I chatted with him after he unloaded and before the dealership finished the paperwork. He absolutely loves his job, and talked about how when he brings cars to Central Indiana from the Chicago railyard that he picks up Subarus in Lafayette Indiana on his way back so they can catch a train to Canada. I thought that was neat.

OP
OP
Nathan

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What was the price difference between the two?
The base 5-speed 1997 F150 was 15,045 with delivery before tax. No A/C or power windows, but it did have AM/FM. In today's dollars that's $26k. The XL Maverick with sliding window and copilot was $22,185. I think the Maverick wins the value contest.

Ford Maverick Took delivery today! 20220108_180437

RevBo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

20220108_161151.jpg
What a great story! Similarly, my father-in-law was one of Ford's VP's and over Dealer Development in the Dallas Zone. When he retired he became a Ford Lincoln Mercury Dealer in Texas. I worked for Ford Dealer Development in Dallas after graduating college. He bought his daughter (my wife now of 47 years) a '65 Mustang for her high school graduation. We dated in that car in college. Several years ago, I had it restored to Concours condition and it has won many car shows. At 67 years old now, when we ride in it there are so many wonderful memories (some of which I cannot mention here!). I'm waiting on my Maverick to arrive now. Ford runs deep in our veins, right? Beautiful truck that your son will enjoy for years to come! Happy New Years!

docsmith1511

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT LUX velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The base 5-speed 1997 F150 was 15,045 with delivery before tax. No A/C or power windows, but it did have AM/FM. In today's dollars that's $26k. The XL Maverick with sliding window and copilot was $22,185. I think the Maverick wins the value contest.

20220108_180437.jpg
I have kept all my new car stickers as well, it's really fun to look at them from time to time. Mav is definitely a better value, no a/c or power anything, and a manual transmission would have definitely increased the cost of the F150.
Thank you for sharing

OP
OP
Nathan

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What a great story! Similarly, my father-in-law was one of Ford's VP's and over Dealer Development in the Dallas Zone. When he retired he became a Ford Lincoln Mercury Dealer in Texas. I worked for Ford Dealer Development in Dallas after graduating college. He bought his daughter (my wife now of 47 years) a '65 Mustang for her high school graduation. We dated in that car in college. Several years ago, I had it restored to Concours condition and it has won many car shows. At 67 years old now, when we ride in it there are so many wonderful memories (some of which I cannot mention here!). I'm waiting on my Maverick to arrive now. Ford runs deep in our veins, right? Beautiful truck that your son will enjoy for years to come! Happy New Years!
Beautiful story!

Yes, even before my mom worked for Ford, her father and my dad's father were Ford-or-nothing guys. My mom won't give up her 5 speed 5.0 even though she can't work the clutch. We may have to bury her in it, because she won't let us drive it either 😂

I didn't feel like I had made it as adult until I had purchased my first new Lincoln and driven my grandmother through town like my grandfather had with me in his when I was a little boy.

Happy New Year's!

Sponsored

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Hey, congrats bro! That’s a good dad! And way to get that deal, dad!!! That truck looks AWESOME!!!! Enjoy it!!!! Great dad and son photo!

RevBo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

20220108_161151.jpg
Hey Nathan! You've had your Mav now for several days. How about giving us a report so far. We'd love to hear. Again, well done, my friend!

OP
OP
Nathan

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Nathan! You've had your Mav now for several days. How about giving us a report so far. We'd love to hear. Again, well done, my friend!
Unfortunately I haven't seen it since the day we picked it up and he took it off to college 😅 The feedback that I have from him is that it gets 20 mpg driving around campus. I asked him if he had it in Eco mode, and he said no because it felt like driving in mud? I guess that's what you get moving from a new Mustang GT to a hybrid. The tonneau cover came in, waiting on the bed rug.. and he'll be down next weekend to get them installed.
Sponsored