First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So the insulation between the metal panels absorb the water????
Yes, I believe so. I never separated the aluminum skins from the "core", but whatever they used was able to absorb and retain water. Whenever I folded it up against the back window, water would just leak out, but never completely dry out.

HRG
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How does that work? Is there a video? Can you remove the trifold?
You must remove a tri-fold to use the whole bed. That’s why I’m going for the soft roll-up because it is pretty much out of the way and stays with the truck. Both my sons have roll-ups on Ford trucks.

OP
OP
theek

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You must remove a tri-fold to use the whole bed. That’s why I’m going for the soft roll-up because it is pretty much out of the way and stays with the truck. Both my sons have roll-ups on Ford trucks.
https://accessories.ford.com/cover-tonneau-12759.html#2020/Ranger

The sleek, “no profile” design makes this a favorite.This folding bed/tonneau cover mounts flush with the side of the truck bed.

• Provides 100% access to stake pockets and works with tie-downs, bed rails, bed extenders and bedliners
  • Made from rigid, heavy-duty ¾” thick panels strong enough to hold up to 300 lbs. (evenly distributed)
  • Rugged synthetic hinges and seals provide outstanding weather resistance
  • Lock the cover in full open position with the included prop rods for access to the whole bed without removing the cover
  • Hidden, quick-release latch system automatically locks panels when shut, simply lock the tailgate to secure the bed

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://accessories.ford.com/cover-tonneau-12759.html#2020/Ranger

The sleek, “no profile” design makes this a favorite.This folding bed/tonneau cover mounts flush with the side of the truck bed.

• Provides 100% access to stake pockets and works with tie-downs, bed rails, bed extenders and bedliners
  • Made from rigid, heavy-duty ¾” thick panels strong enough to hold up to 300 lbs. (evenly distributed)
  • Rugged synthetic hinges and seals provide outstanding weather resistance
  • Lock the cover in full open position with the included prop rods for access to the whole bed without removing the cover
  • Hidden, quick-release latch system automatically locks panels when shut, simply lock the tailgate to secure the bed
Yes, you can prop it up to access the whole bed. But if you are carrying large or tall items that extend above the bed sides, you’ve got to take it off the truck. Unless Ford has come up with a storage system that doesn’t exist anywhere else in the industry.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, you can prop it up to access the whole bed. But if you are carrying large or tall items that extend above the bed sides, you’ve got to take it off the truck. Unless Ford has come up with a storage system that doesn’t exist anywhere else in the industry.
If the tri-fold is up against the back window, why would this keep you from hauling a tall item?

HRG

Ford Maverick Tonneau, did you order one? bakflip propped.JPG

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored
OP
OP
theek

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In any case the hard folding bed should be in the 50 pounds range no big to remove.