Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Cool. Can you please send measurements of from and back. From truck to the end of mud flaps. Thank you in advance
I traded in the Blue AWD Maverick for the Hybrid which does not have mud flaps on it yet.
Sorry, I cannot provide any measurements at this time.
Sponsored

phillybudman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purchased them off of ebay. do not hit buy it now! I made an offer of $39 and they accepted it. I would suggest doing the same. I believe they are the same quality as Mugsley brand & others.
Good luck with them!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266224128400

EDIT: I would also suggest buying some paint protective film to put between the paint and the mud flap. Others on this site claim that dirt and debris get caught between them and ware on the paint in a very short time.
Link is still good. I got them for $35. My first purchase for my Maverick which will be delivered to dealer any day now.

OP
OP
JP4AZ

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Link is still good. I got them for $35. My first purchase for my Maverick which will be delivered to dealer any day now.
Yes, that post was from a few months back. I bought them 6 month ago and there were a lot fewer choices and prices were typically $45. at the time.

Buy-the-way.... I just picked up a new tri-fold tonneau cover for under $50.
Read about it in this thread (post #11 and #40):
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...es-of-tonneau-covers.39627/page-3#post-713791

Ford Maverick Tinted windows, Mud Flaps, Budget Bed Mat, + other upgrades 20231127_170759_resized

Last edited:

BoskoPColtrane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to Tractor Supply today, Got the 4x6 Horse Mat. Cut to fit the bed and exactly enough to do the tail gate (just need some longer screws). Super heavy duty mat for $50.
It can also be flipped over for the smooth side.

Update:
The 4x6 mat is very heavy (100 lbs). The tail gate cut section is probably 20 lbs alone. I used longer screws with washers in place of the 8 screws (I only replaced 6 screws) on the tailgate metal access panel and longer screws on the black (bottle opener) on each side. Very Important - Make sure the tail gate will close before you decide drill holes in the mat for the screws. My mat sits perfectly on top of the floor part of the bed mat (see photo of tail gate closed). I used a crayon to mark where the mat has to sit to clear the bottom mat. The hardest part was cutting the wheel well cuts. I used a strong razor knife (sheet rock knife). It took about 20 passes with the knife to get through the 1" thick mat. Be patient and don't scratch your paint in the bed or the tail gate. I am very happy with the result. Best of Luck!

Tip: 42.5" between wheel wells, cut 2.75" off of each side for 31.5" (Length of wheel well) that is where you start your (45 degree) cut to each edge of the mat. Slide the mat forward flush against the front of bed. Now you can mark and cut where the bed floor ends (should be 54.5"). I mounted the remaining 17+ inches on the tailgate. (y)

20230608_161028_resized.jpg

20230617_103213_resized.jpg

20230617_103302_resized.jpg

20231010_135153_resized.jpg
Do they make this wide enough to cover edge to edge?

OP
OP
JP4AZ

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just what you see there. There is about 2 inches of the bed floor exposed toward the back on each side. I thought it was unnecessary to cover that little bit, but you could use the pieces that were cut from the wheel wells to fill that in.

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sadly tractor supply doesn't carry them that big.

I really liked this option and am familiar with the Tractor Supply mats for gym use. I did it and used the off cuts to fill in the edges where the mat was just a tad short. They are perfect size and the curve on the cut fits nicely on the alternate side of the bed. Very happy with the protection. I can remove it to wash and inspect the bed below. I may lool to figure out an alternate way to fasten the extra piece to the tailgate for easy removal, used stainless screws an inch longer than stock for now.

In my opinion this is a superior mat. Damn near bullet proof, won't flie out at speed, will distribute load, is very slip proof, nice detents, etc. The added 100lbs really shouldn't be that big a hit on MPG.

I plan to use the bed like this and see if I get scratches elsewhere. I'll likely spray with raptor liner in a year or so if I see metal anywhere.
Ford Maverick Tinted windows, Mud Flaps, Budget Bed Mat, + other upgrades IMG_20240219_131702369_HDR

Ford Maverick Tinted windows, Mud Flaps, Budget Bed Mat, + other upgrades IMG_20240219_131708224

Ford Maverick Tinted windows, Mud Flaps, Budget Bed Mat, + other upgrades IMG_20240219_131656699_HDR
Ford Maverick Tinted windows, Mud Flaps, Budget Bed Mat, + other upgrades IMG_20240218_151333901_HDR

This last pic is how I scribed the curve around the wheel well.
Sponsored